CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 11 2012, 01:54 PM)
My only complaint with the new video clip is that there isn't a repeat button. It's distracting to work to have to change tabs and press *play* again every 40 seco...

Ok I'm back. So yeah it's distracting to have to press play again every 40 seconds.

I've got an MP3 of it you can put on your iPod and hit repeat and away it goes.....

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 11 2012, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 11 2012, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 11 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 11 2012, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Apr 11 2012, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 11 2012, 09:19 AM)
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548922_2769013759558_1684384557_1864754_569744713_n.jpg

Love it, new background on the computer. Looks awesome!

As for the Red album cover. I am pumped because it will make for some great Rush Tees. My older red/with logos was my favorite and it's worn out, couldn't find replacement.

Sounds great, but it's such a tease and want MORE!

Songtrack titles are very enticing and the concept is reminiscent of Steampunk mixed with the fantasy novel (series), "Name of the Wind".

I like this image better for the cover myself. (It's now my computer wallpaper as well).

We have a third for the computer wallpaper thing.

Love it! yes.gif

The album is long overdue IMO.

Yep, I love this image (A Clockwork Ocean?), and immediately made it my wallpaper as well. 1022.gif

If it were the proper size and aspect ratio for my monitor, I'd use it, too. But it's nowhere near good enough for a 1920x1200 display.

Just take the background from Rush.com.

1. Use Firefox or Safari browser

2. Go to Rush.com

3. Select View from the top menu of your browser

4. Choose "No Style" option from Page Style

5. Scroll down to the image

6. Save the background image.

7. Set as Desktop.

Also, in IE (Windows 7), you can just go to Rush.com, immediately right-click on the image, choose copy. Open MS Paint, paste, save, then choose set as desktop background.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 11 2012, 02:12 PM)
I'm holding off on listening to the preview clips actually... I just want to be able to soak in the whole thing when it comes out.

Look out Phil Castro has landed in the thread!

biggrin.gif bekloppt.gif cool10.gif

my question is who will actually sit and listen to the track listing in order, which means sitting through Caravan and BU2B before getting to the new stuff?

I'm going to try smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 11 2012, 02:15 PM)
my question is who will actually sit and listen to the track listing in order, which means sitting through Caravan and BU2B before getting to the new stuff?

I definitely will - they may be re-recorded.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 11 2012, 03:15 PM)

I will... gotta listen to the first two tracks to see if they have in fact been re-recorded.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 11 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 11 2012, 02:12 PM)
I'm holding off on listening to the preview clips actually... I just want to be able to soak in the whole thing when it comes out.

Look out Phil Castro has landed in the thread!

biggrin.gif bekloppt.gif cool10.gif

I thought i'd might as well check out this part of the forum for once, considering it is a Rush forum after all. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 02:17 PM)

I will... gotta listen to the first two tracks to see if they have in fact been re-recorded.

spoooky. Same timestamp and everything! laugh.gif

Think of it as a prep, like a recap at the start of a TV show, "previously on Clockwork Angels..."

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 11 2012, 01:15 PM)

I will. Kinda like if I'd read the first two chapters of a book in advance as a preview, I'd read them again to get myself in the flow of the work.

[edited to add - although if this wasn't a concept album, I wouldn't bother.]

Edited by danielmclark

Hahaha, that is really funny, that never occurred to me actually.... considering that they've teased us with those two tracks being "reworked/rerecorded" to whatever extent, I'll certainly listen straight through to sate my curiosity and to absorb this whole enchilada as the one big meal it was intended to be.

Edited by Godeater2112

I will skip right to the 3 song, i heard the other 2 songs 1000 times

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 11 2012, 03:26 PM)

That clip kicks ass, I definitely hear Bastille Day. The 70's are my favorite period of Rush music so I hope the whole album sounds this metal! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Absol-freaking-lutely!

Now can you imagine... just imagine... that they would intentionally give a few songs on this opus a throwback style like they may have done with this? A Permanent Waves / Moving Pictures era effort... a synth era piece from Grace Under Pressure / Power Windows ala Marathon - with the ORCHESTRA bits!

Man the possibilities are endless for this album, this tour, the novel and possibly a film... exciting times!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 11 2012, 02:17 PM)

I definitely will - they may be re-recorded.

If they're re-recorded I'll listen to them in order. If I hear the same thing, I'm skipping to track 3.

I will skip Caravan. Nothing can make me like that song. I may skip BU2B as well just because its old news. Want to get right to the new stuff.

EDIT: Not that I think of it I might listen to Caravan again to see if they finished the lyrics in the chorus.

Edited by trenken

I will...I did it with Far Cry when S&A was released.

BUT...in a way, I kind of hope that both Caravan and BU2B are re-recorded. Then we'll really have a reason to do so.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 11 2012, 02:57 PM)
BUT...in a way, I kind of hope that both Caravan and BU2B are re-recorded. Then we'll really have a reason to do so.

I hope they're re-recorded too. Or re-mixed, or something. I like 'em the way they are now, but they don't fit with the sound of the 30-second sample. I like albums to be consistent smile.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 03:01 PM)

I hope they're re-recorded too. Or re-mixed, or something. I like 'em the way they are now, but they don't fit with the sound of the 30-second sample. I like albums to be consistent smile.gif

They sound exactly the same to me. Very similar in style and recording quality.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 11 2012, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 03:01 PM)

They sound exactly the same to me. Very similar in style and recording quality.

You sound like you don't want it re-recorded so you can complain about it, but then again you're gonna complain about it anyway, that's your game...

bekloppt.gif