I can learn to resist...

Snaked

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 7 2012, 08:25 AM)
all that matters is the music. the cover and artwork is gravy.

But the music usually kicks serious @ss! Even an average (VT) 2.gif album outshines some of the other bands best albums!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Apr 7 2012, 04:59 AM)
Is that little guy looking through a telescope? Because at first glance, I thought it was Ian Anderson doing his 'standing on one leg playing a flute' thing.

I didnt see that until you mentioned it. Now I think it IS Ian Anderson! laugh.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Agrees that this is probably the best of the bunch so far.

Would make for an incredible gate-fold for a must have vinyl version (if that is the case). It would make it a perfect album for stoners to use to separate out the seeds and stems.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 7 2012, 03:09 AM)
That's the best of the bunch so far.

Because it looks like a pro did it, like Hugh Syme. That's great looking artwork. High concept, well executed, does not look like amateur Photoshop work.

Very easy to see the difference between what's made by fans and what's made by great artists.

Check out this guys work. I hope people can see what Im talking about when I was trashing those other covers people were posting. Those look like Photoshop class projects. This guy Jacques though is a guy who lives in Africa and paints these things for kings and queens. I contacted him a while back. You want one of these custom painted for you and it's going to cost you about 100k.

http://jacquesresch.com/

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 7 2012, 09:52 AM)
Is that little guy looking through a telescope? Because at first glance, I thought it was Ian Anderson doing his 'standing on one leg playing a flute' thing.

I didnt see that until you mentioned it. Now I think it IS Ian Anderson! laugh.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Or Ron Burgundy.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 7 2012, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 7 2012, 09:52 AM)

Or Ron Burgundy.

Check out the new " thick as a brick". it is quite good. yes.gif

QUOTE (RushIslander @ Apr 7 2012, 07:58 AM)
All too often, artists depict a crescent moon near the horizon with the illuminated portion opposite from the angle of sunlight depicted throughout the rest of an image...like this one.

confused13.gif

could indicate another source of illumination like another sun but the observation is noted

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 7 2012, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (RushIslander @ Apr 7 2012, 07:58 AM)
All too often, artists depict a crescent moon near the horizon with the illuminated portion opposite from the angle of sunlight depicted throughout the rest of an image...like this one.

confused13.gif

could indicate another source of illumination like another sun but the observation is noted

Binary star.

The reflected light from the moon is what's illuminating the foreground.

A lighting mistake.

All are plausible options. It's still a really nice image, though.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 7 2012, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 7 2012, 03:09 AM)
That's the best of the bunch so far.

Because it looks like a pro did it, like Hugh Syme. That's great looking artwork. High concept, well executed, does not look like amateur Photoshop work.

Very easy to see the difference between what's made by fans and what's made by great artists.

Check out this guys work. I hope people can see what Im talking about when I was trashing those other covers people were posting. Those look like Photoshop class projects. This guy Jacques though is a guy who lives in Africa and paints these things for kings and queens. I contacted him a while back. You want one of these custom painted for you and it's going to cost you about 100k.

http://jacquesresch.com/

I doubt RUSH will be paying Hugh 100k...

Edited by MMCXII

That is a nice picture. I'm betting it will either be the back cover or the lyrics page for headlong flight. Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 7 2012, 09:19 AM)
Agrees that this is probably the best of the bunch so far.

Would make for an incredible gate-fold for a must have vinyl version (if that is the case). It would make it a perfect album for stoners to use to separate out the seeds and stems.

Yeah, I was also thinking this could finally be THE album cover, front and back. This would look great on an LP cover or even on a CD booklet. Just trying to figure out where the band name and album title would go, presumably on the right-hand side of the image.

Really a beautiful image, reminds me of a cross between Hugh Syme and Roger Dean. wub.gif But I'm not sure how those airships stay afloat. tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 7 2012, 05:36 PM)
Awesome pick but I don't really see that as the album cover. It looks more like a booklet image to me.

What do you visualise as the album cover then? (And it better be better than this...)

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 7 2012, 06:53 PM)
Awesome pick but I don't really see that as the album cover. It looks more like a booklet image to me.

What do you visualise as the album cover then? (And it better be better than this...)

trink38.gif

I dont know that we've seen the cover yet.

Of the images that have been displayed the only one I can see as an actual cover is the one we're calling the Tourbook but without the Signals references.

My read on this image is that it's an inside piece/lyric sheet.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 7 2012, 05:53 PM)

trink38.gif

I have no idea what the cover will be but usually it's a little simpler than this. The inside or back images are usually the ones that are more elaborate. confused13.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 7 2012, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 7 2012, 05:53 PM)

trink38.gif

I have no idea what the cover will be but usually it's a little simpler than this. The inside or back images are usually the ones that are more elaborate. confused13.gif

And not as wide. The cover is bound to be more of a square, less of a rectangle.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 7 2012, 12:53 AM)
I figured since the partial image was out on another site I'd post a link to the whole thing.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Clockwork_Angel2112/oopsie/CaravanSong1.jpg

This is frigging amazing!