Ok Let's Get the Prediction Gloves off! Where will

treeduck

Where will Clockwork Angels Rank in your RUSH studio album rankings  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Clockwork Angels Rank in your RUSH studio album rankings

• 1 Number 1 all the way baby, no really!!
    • 2 It'll be doing well to make the top 20 and there IS only 20!!
    • 3 Around 17 or 18 at best
    • 4 It's gonna shock me & shake up the world, TOP 5, I'm sexually excited!!
    • 5 Top 10 or thereabouts
    • 6 No. 20 down there with Feedback or Bottom Feed(er)back as I call it
    • 7 Top 3 right up there with Moving Pictures, PeW, 2112, AFTK etc
    • 8 Middle of the pack at best, around 12 or 13 and no better
    • 9 Not only rock bottom but clearly the worst album they've done by far!!
    • 10 A solid top 10 in my books!
    • 11 Number 7 exactly, how the FOCK do I know treeduck you dickhead!?
    • 12 Outside the top 15 maybe a little better than Snakes & Arrows

A little chance for everyone to speculate about the quality of the new album, so...

Where will Clockwork Angels rank in the RUSH album rankings, in your personal RUSH studio album rankings?

trink38.gif

Well, I've voted for number 5. I'll know better when I hear it. wink.gif Based on what I've heard so far, 1 song i love and the other in my list of Six I've, still got good vibes about this one!

My prediction is 50% of the people on trf will love it , the other 50% will bitch biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 03:19 PM)
My prediction is 50% of the people on trf will love it , the other 50% will bitch biggrin.gif

And the 50% that bitch will provide 90% of the posts. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Fly By Night through Hold Your Fire are pretty untouchable for me, but CA may be a contender for best since HYF. If it beats the debut and HYF, that would make it #11.

As far as what OTHER TRF members will think: tongue.gif

Tony R will think it's shit.

GemniniRising won't like anything about it, and will consider it an epic cash grab (CD, DVD, novel, tour, etc).

Reflected Light won't like it and will skip the tour because there are too many CA songs.

Circumstantial Tree won't like it because of the religion theme.

Rushgoober will be bitterly dissapointed. Despite REALLY WANTING to like it, he'll only like 2-3 songs, won't like the religion theme, and will think it's too heavy.

Metaldad WILL like it, because it's going to be heavy.

Trenken won't like it because Ged's bass playing is just at his Moving Pictures level, not Percy Jones or Stu Hamm level.

(Just having fun with y'all.)

tongue.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

Obviously no way to know, so I can only go on the fact that it's been about 20 years since I've truly loved a Rush album, and I don't like Caravan at all, and just like BU2B.

So my guess is maybe somewhere in the middle or to the higher part of the lower half of their catalog.

I'll be delighted if it's so good that I rank it higher than tenth. I currently have Grace Under Pressure ninth, and if this album delivers a bunch of songs that can rate with the likes of Distant Early Warning, Afterimage, Red Sector A, The Enemy Within, and Between the Wheels, well, that'll be awesome.

I'll be surprised if it isn't good enough to make my top fifteen. I currently have Vapor Trails sixteenth, and while I do like VT, I think this record will be decidedly better.

I guess "middle of the pack" is my prediction, but I do like Caravan and BU2B quite a bit, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if CA ends up rating pretty highly with me (though top five is probably out of the question).

Right now my bottom five on the list are:

14. Snakes & Arrows

15. Presto

16. Roll the Bones

17. Test For Echo

18. Vapor Trails

There's a BIG HUGE gap between 14 and 15 for me, as I think Snakes & Arrows is really good, and I think Presto is mediocre.

Based on the first two tracks, which is really all I have to go by, I'm going to guess that CA will be #15 and will bump the bottom four each down a notch. I'd love to be wrong and have it be higher than #15, but time will tell...