Spoiler Policy for the CWA subforum?

The Owl

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 24 2012, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 04:55 PM)
. All you would have to do is stay out of the CA subforum until you were ready to read threads about the album.

Ding! ding! ding! ding!

We have a winner! The sub-forum title itself is a spoiler alert. What else is there to talk about? Go to random samples and post some generic "I'm so excited!!!" comment. Otherwise, come here and talk about what we know.

confused13.gif

Let's don't talk about it all until the tour is over. That way, there will be no spoilers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spoiler policy should be the very existence of this subforum. Also, 99% of people here will listen to the album, look at the artwork, and be in here arguing something between "they are Gods" and "Neil sucks!" within seconds. Preview clips will be posted here as well, if any exist or become available. To me, if you dont want spoilers, then dont come in here. The "speculation talk" has jumped the shark anyway smile.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 24 2012, 08:22 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Mar 24 2012, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 04:55 PM)
. All you would have to do is stay out of the CA subforum until you were ready to read threads about the album.

Ding! ding! ding! ding!

We have a winner! The sub-forum title itself is a spoiler alert. What else is there to talk about? Go to random samples and post some generic "I'm so excited!!!" comment. Otherwise, come here and talk about what we know.

confused13.gif

Let's don't talk about it all until the tour is over. That way, there will be no spoilers.

Yes! In fact, let's have the mods put on a filter that prevents any posting with CWA ( pokey.gif ) language referenced. Great solution for protecting the uber-sensitive 1%. cheer.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by goose

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:41 AM)
The spoiler policy should be the very existence of this subforum. Also, 99% of people here will listen to the album, look at the artwork, and be in here arguing something between "they are Gods" and "Neil sucks!" within seconds. Preview clips will be posted here as well, if any exist or become available. To me, if you dont want spoilers, then dont come in here. The "speculation talk" has jumped the shark anyway smile.gif

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/jumpshark.jpg

Fonzie wub.gif CWA talk!

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 24 2012, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:41 AM)
The spoiler policy should be the very existence of this subforum.  Also, 99% of people here will listen to the album, look at the artwork, and be in here arguing something between "they are Gods" and "Neil sucks!" within seconds.  Preview clips will be posted here as well, if any exist or become available.  To me, if you dont want spoilers, then dont come in here.  The "speculation talk" has jumped the shark anyway smile.gif

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/jumpshark.jpg

Fonzie wub.gif CWA talk!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 23 2012, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 23 2012, 10:12 AM)
Could someone explain to me why the album Clockwork Angels keeps getting abbreviated as CWA or CW?  How is it not CA?  Is Moving Pictures MVP?  Is Vapor Trails VPT?  No. Shouldn't the only two word album names that need a third letter be PoW and PeW, to clarify the same PW abbreviation?

I C T Y, B Th I W H To K Y

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 23 2012, 08:59 AM)
What about "spoliers"? We had a shitload of those last time.

laugh.gif Had a few "spiolers" as well, if I recall correctly.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 02:48 AM)
- When discussing spoilers use the spoiler highlight trick, (choose color, erase the name of the color and type "#F7DBBA" ...heres and example
(highlight to read, not a real spoiler below)

Doesn't work if you are special like me.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp141/Sir_Lerxst/specialtrf.jpg

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Mar 25 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 02:48 AM)
- When discussing spoilers use the spoiler highlight trick, (choose color, erase the name of the color and type "#F7DBBA"  ...heres and example
(highlight to read, not a real spoiler below)

Doesn't work if you are special like me.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp141/Sir_Lerxst/specialtrf.jpg

Yeah, I'm special too. Doesn't work for me...

I would think that when this forum starts getting crowded again because of CA news, the CA board is pretty much enter at your own risk. It would be like asking for spoiler warning about Big Bang Theory inside the Big Bang Theory thread. How can you discuss it WITHOUT spoilers?

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Mar 25 2012, 02:54 PM)
I would think that when this forum starts getting crowded again because of CA news, the CA board is pretty much enter at your own risk. It would be like asking for spoiler warning about Big Bang Theory inside the Big Bang Theory thread. How can you discuss it WITHOUT spoilers?

That's what happened in the American Horror Story thread.

People were putting spoiler warnings on every post. It got pretty ridiculous, IMHO.

People can't expect to avoid spoilers about the new album and tour if they enter sections dedicated to those subjects. It's why we made separate sections for them, so people can still talk about other Rush music while waiting to experience the new music or concerts for themselves.

CA and OTLS are, in effect, spoiler forums. Enter at your own risk.

Just keep spoiler content out of thread titles, which can be seen from the main forum page, and there won't be any problems.

Doesn't having the song title in the thread go against the spoiler policy here?

Can't we get rid of all the garbage ones started by captain SPAM and leave the one real thread open... and possibly change the title for those that don't wanna see the title?

(MOD EDIT: Lost In Xanadu is referring to the new song title posted in this forum. The following posts were split from one of those threads and merged into this thread.)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Knowing songs that are in the setlist for the tour is definitely a spoiler, beyond "Tom Sawyer" and the other few obvious ones. But what about the new songs from the alvum?

Let's get some opinions on this: Is knowing a new song title really a spoiler?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:22 PM)
Knowing songs that are in the setlist for the tour is definitely a spoiler, beyond "Tom Sawyer" and the other few obvious ones. But what about the new songs from the alvum?

I would say knowing what it is called? No.

Knowing what it sounds like? Yes.

Like S&A, I would expect the lion's share of songs to be in their setlist off of their new record, but knowing which ones? Yes.

Sorry to revert back to rational behavior like this...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:22 PM)

Slightly. Just label this whole subforum ***SPOILERS WITHIN, SQUEAMISH AVERT YE EYES!***

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 28 2012, 04:22 PM)

If that's true, then MTV spoiled it for me when they premiered Big Money on MTV a few weeks before the album's release.

Same with Hold Your Fire.

i think everyone who cares knows the title by now.

The news that Rush is playing a song called Thomas Sawyer is interesting though.

I think I've made my opinion about spoilers pretty clear before wink.gif and I agree with the "no spoilers in titles" policy while allowing for open discussion in the sub-forum. If you don't want spoilers, stay out of the CA section - that makes sense to me.

I don't consider track lists spoiler warning worthy. In fact, the only think I consider warning worthy is a tour set list.