Spoiler Policy for the CWA subforum?

The Owl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 09:43 AM)
Damn, sorry I posted the f-n thread.

Owl, please know my post was Not directed at You . It is about the whole "Spoiler" thing in general. You know.........

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

Alex is wearing Boxers on this Tour

The Lights are Blue during Limelight

Neil has a drink after the Second Song

This shit kills me every time

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 23 2012, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 09:43 AM)

Owl, please know my post was Not directed at You . It is about the whole "Spoiler" thing in general. You know.........

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

Alex is wearing Boxers on this Tour

The Lights are Blue during Limelight

Neil has a drink after the Second Song

This shit kills me every time

SPOILER

metaldad rocks

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 08:43 AM)

Please understand what I wrote has nothing to do with you personally. I have a pretty severe distain for spoiler warnings where they are not needed or are illogical.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Mar 23 2012, 09:55 AM)
I think you intellects should relax, it is a new Rush album, for God's sake, you people make the biggest deals out of nothing!!!!. listen to it, enjoy. nuff said 2.gif

New Rush album is nothing? ohmy.gif How dare you! I'm so angry I will punch my computer, even though I'm on a phone. You're on a list now, man angry.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 23 2012, 10:07 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 22 2012, 10:41 PM)
I wasn't around when SNA came out so I don't know how things were around here... but if we need to treat this new album like we're worried we might spoil the ending of friggin' Citizen Kane, then I might as well ditch the forum for a few months after it comes out. It's music, not some heavy film, the enjoyment of which hinges on not knowing how it ends.

Artwork?! The CD cover needs a spoiler warning?! Why not just post a spoiler warning for the title? SPOILER! IT'S CALLED CLOCKWORK ANGELS!

If the admins decide to implement a spoiler policy, I'll either follow it or I'll just leave the forum for a little while. All due respect, it's a stupid idea.

I gotta agree with this.

Once the tour starts - I assume a new subforum will be created - just like with TM. could have setlist spoilers in there, but I see no point of having them in here.

I think one should assume this whole subforum is possible spoilers until the release date.

On The Lighted Stage will become the CA tour forum once dates are announced. The forum name may or may not get changed, we haven't decided yet. Either way, the usual meetup subforum with threads for each show will be added in there.

As far as album (or tour) spoilers, the CA forum is in effect a spoiler forum -- enter at your own risk. If you don't want to know a thing about the album before you have it in your hands and can listen to it, then avoid this section of the board.

But, the big thing we'll ask of everybody is: No details about songs in thread titles! Avoiding spoilers by avoiding the CA forum is useless when some idiot posts a title like this:

"Bass Solo in 'Steampunk Boogie' is Insane! (SPOILERS!)"

facepalm.gif

Posting a SPOILER warning in the thread title when the title itself is a spoiler is sort of missing the point, no? Especially when that title can be seen from the main page of the board. Yet we've seen that sort of thing in the past.

A little common sense goes a long way with this stuff.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 23 2012, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Mar 23 2012, 09:55 AM)
I think you intellects should relax, it is a new Rush album, for God's sake, you people make the biggest deals out of nothing!!!!. listen to it, enjoy.  nuff said      2.gif

New Rush album is nothing? ohmy.gif How dare you! I'm so angry I will punch my computer, even though I'm on a phone. You're on a list now, man angry.gif

Relax, Francis, I am sure you know what i meant!!!!. Wait until the album comes out, listen to it, enjoy it, then rip it to shreds, like most of you audio engineers will do. As far as a list goes, what list is that?. Schindlers list a grocery list, honey do list? 2.gif

I don't care about album spoilers, but I'm a Waffen SS spoiler Nazi when it comes to the set list. I do NOT want to know beforehand.

For those that posted that Bruce is dead the whole time; Vader is Luke's father, and Santa Clause isn't real: You're dead to me! angry.gif

tongue.gif

wink.gif

I always looked as message boards like as a surf at your own risk sort of thing. If you want to browse boards for new movies, videogames or music, sometimes you're going to hit some spoilers, so they only wise thing to do is just stay away for the time being.

People usually have the courtesy to put a spoiler warning, but no matter what the rules are, there are ALWAYS slip ups and they are very easy to stumble on.

With albums I couldnt care less about being spoiled. It's just music. But with videogames and movies, yeah spoilers are a serious problem for me because they are usually so heavily based on story. If someone slips out some new rush lyrics or an album cover, I couldnt care less about that.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 23 2012, 10:27 AM)
I don't care about album spoilers, but I'm a Waffen SS spoiler Nazi when it comes to the set list. I do NOT want to know beforehand.

For those that posted that Bruce is dead the whole time; Vader is Luke's father, and Santa Clause isn't real: You're dead to me! angry.gif

tongue.gif

wink.gif

What about...

She's a dude

He was dead the whole time!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 23 2012, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 23 2012, 10:27 AM)
I don't care about album spoilers, but I'm a Waffen SS spoiler Nazi when it comes to the set list.  I do NOT want to know beforehand.

For those that posted that Bruce is dead the whole time; Vader is Luke's father, and Santa Clause isn't real:  You're dead to me!  angry.gif

tongue.gif

wink.gif

What about...

She's a dude

He was dead the whole time!

Acceptable. laugh.gif

Not a big fan of people spoiling things for me. I'm sure it won't kill people to go a little out of their way to rename a thread title or use the phrase "Spoiler Alert" a few times. I'm waiting until release day to see the album cover and hear the music. For those who say that people who don't want spoilers could just not come to the website, I don't really want to give up the computer for over two months. But oddly, I'm fine with tour spoilers. I guess I'm just weird.

boarder.gif

bacon.gif

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 23 2012, 02:53 PM)
Not a big fan of people spoiling things for me. I'm sure it won't kill people to go a little out of their way to rename a thread title or use the phrase "Spoiler Alert" a few times. I'm waiting until release day to see the album cover and hear the music. For those who say that people who don't want spoilers could just not come to the website, I don't really want to give up the computer for over two months. But oddly, I'm fine with tour spoilers. I guess I'm just weird.
boarder.gif

bacon.gif

With all due respect, and I'm really not trying to be a dick here, I promise - what you're proposing is that people (the majority) should be okay with "going out of their way" to accomodate you and a few others who want to avoid spoilers. Why isn't the opposite point of view correct? Why isn't it more appropriate for the few to go "a little out of their way" to accomodate the vast majority that want to talk freely about the album?

The admins have spoken, so this is merely a philosophical discussion at this point, but what the hell, I'm bored wink.gif lol

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 04:04 PM)
boarder.gif

bacon.gif

With all due respect, and I'm really not trying to be a dick here, I promise - what you're proposing is that people (the majority) should be okay with "going out of their way" to accomodate you and a few others who want to avoid spoilers. Why isn't the opposite point of view correct? Why isn't it more appropriate for the few to go "a little out of their way" to accomodate the vast majority that want to talk freely about the album?

The admins have spoken, so this is merely a philosophical discussion at this point, but what the hell, I'm bored wink.gif lol

I mean I guess I could "go a little out of my way" to close my eyes and plug my ears for over two months, but that would be pretty tough. On the other hand, I don't find it difficult to throw in a little "spoiler alert" in some thread titles. wink.gif

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 23 2012, 03:10 PM)
boarder.gif

bacon.gif

I mean I guess I could "go a little out of my way" to close my eyes and plug my ears for over two months, but that would be pretty tough. On the other hand, I don't find it difficult to throw in a little "spoiler alert" in some thread titles. wink.gif

But that's not what is required. All you would have to do is stay out of the CA subforum until you were ready to read threads about the album. Thread titles notwithstanding, everything is going to be contained in one subsection. The burden on you would be to stay out of it. The burden on everyone else would be to preface every comment with a spoiler warning or some convoluted color trick. It may seem completely reasonable to you, but in a thread titled "Let's Talk About the Track Titles", you can't reasonably expect everyone to post SPOILERS! BEWARE! in every post of the thread. That may be a blatant example, but it demonstrates my point: the entire subsection is going to be spoiler-rific by virtue of its very existence.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 23 2012, 12:35 AM)
Like I stated before, It is simply a question of If a spoiler policy will be in effect for this subforum, I ask because there was one for S&A, but If I can remember more clearly, I think it only limited to thread titles (as they can be seen from the main page), and when talking about the album outside the Snakes and Arrows subforum(now the Clockwork Angels subforum)

As to Presto and danielclark, the cheek is not necessary.

How can you "spoil" a new album to begin with? Is knowing what the album cover looks like really going to ruin your impression of the CD when you first pop it in? It's just gonna help you spot it quicker in the music store!

Knowing the track list or the album cover before you hear the album isn't going to make the music less awesome.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 23 2012, 03:10 PM)
boarder.gif

bacon.gif

But that's not what is required. All you would have to do is stay out of the CA subforum until you were ready to read threads about the album. Thread titles notwithstanding, everything is going to be contained in one subsection. The burden on you would be to stay out of it. The burden on everyone else would be to preface every comment with a spoiler warning or some convoluted color trick. It may seem completely reasonable to you, but in a thread titled "Let's Talk About the Track Titles", you can't reasonably expect everyone to post SPOILERS! BEWARE! in every post of the thread. That may be a blatant example, but it demonstrates my point: the entire subsection is going to be spoiler-rific by virtue of its very existence.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. If a thread was indeed titled "Let's Talk About the Track Titles", then I just wouldn't click on it and everything would be fine. Nobody would have to post 'spoiler alert' within the thread at all, not to mention the color trick (lol). However, I'm saying that if a thread was titled "4th song is 7:28 long and has two guitar solos", I'd be kinda pissed.

trink38.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 23 2012, 04:55 PM)
. All you would have to do is stay out of the CA subforum until you were ready to read threads about the album.

Ding! ding! ding! ding!

We have a winner! The sub-forum title itself is a spoiler alert. What else is there to talk about? Go to random samples and post some generic "I'm so excited!!!" comment. Otherwise, come here and talk about what we know.

confused13.gif