So much negativity

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 16 2012, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 16 2012, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 16 2012, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 16 2012, 03:11 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 15 2012, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:44 PM)
Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I don't like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Some people will never get this.

Oh no...I "get it". I may be new to these forums...but I have seen your type of "humor" before. You two are the type that get enjoyment out of putting stuff down. Everything "sucks" or is "lame". I went to school with people like you. Your idea of "fun" is putting other people and ideas down. What I don't get, is why you claim to be a rush fan, but all you have to say is how much they suck...why waste the energy? Well I know why...because to you it is fun. This isn't a politcal debate, we aren't solving the worlds problems...we are all supposed to be here because we love Rush

Two posts in, and you've already got me all figured out. Well done

Wasn't that difficult

Some people just don't know how to have fun. biggrin.gif

No, some (in fact, most people I know) don't think being negative is fun.

Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative. That would be irrational. What is fun is conflict. Conflict is exciting. It is entertaining. Can you imagine a movie with two hours of characters just hugging or sh*t like that? Do you know how boring that would be? Whether you like it or not, you probably enjoy conflict too. It is the spice of life.

"Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative"? But earlier you said, "Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun." confused13.gif

Don't worry, I'm not being negative. I'm giving you more spice in your life. pokey.gif

The results are fun.

I don't know man. You mainly seem to say contradictory things. And it doesn't even seem like you realize it. I can imagine you posting these...

Your 1st post: Tom Sawyer needs to be dropped from their setlist. It's good but not that good. I've heard enough of it and I'm sure a lot of other fans have too.

Your 2nd post: Tom Sawyer is such a great song and a worthy staple to their live gigs. I can't wait to hear it on the next tour.

Your 3rd post: I think you missed my point about what I was saying about Tom Sawyer.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

laugh.gif Having too much fun to notice things, eh?

Yeah you wish you were having as much fun as I am. tongue.gif

Oh I don't think so, youngin. I much prefer adult fun wink.gif

ohmy.gif

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbate-a-thon

scared.gif

Well if it's for a good cause...

Don't you have better material? When you try to force witty and pithy, it comes out dippy and shitty tongue.gif

Hahaha you're right, it was forced. I should have gone with the sex doll joke. It's worked before. wink.gif

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sleeplearning.com/html/subliminal/cds/images/put_an_end_to_negativity.gif

http://theshiftguru.com/_blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Erase-negativity3.jpg

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Mister-Negativity-.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/008/0/b/fuck_negativity__by_eatthewords-d4lrrdm.jpg

lets just be happy with their music and stop complaining 2.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 16 2012, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 16 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 16 2012, 08:27 AM)
Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I don't like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Oh no...I "get it". I may be new to these forums...but I have seen your type of "humor" before. You two are the type that get enjoyment out of putting stuff down. Everything "sucks" or is "lame". I went to school with people like you. Your idea of "fun" is putting other people and ideas down. What I don't get, is why you claim to be a rush fan, but all you have to say is how much they suck...why waste the energy? Well I know why...because to you it is fun. This isn't a politcal debate, we aren't solving the worlds problems...we are all supposed to be here because we love Rush

Wasn't that difficult

Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative. That would be irrational. What is fun is conflict. Conflict is exciting. It is entertaining. Can you imagine a movie with two hours of characters just hugging or sh*t like that? Do you know how boring that would be? Whether you like it or not, you probably enjoy conflict too. It is the spice of life.

"Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative"? But earlier you said, "Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun." confused13.gif

Don't worry, I'm not being negative. I'm giving you more spice in your life. pokey.gif

The results are fun.

I don't know man. You mainly seem to say contradictory things. And it doesn't even seem like you realize it. I can imagine you posting these...

Your 1st post: Tom Sawyer needs to be dropped from their setlist. It's good but not that good. I've heard enough of it and I'm sure a lot of other fans have too.

Your 2nd post: Tom Sawyer is such a great song and a worthy staple to their live gigs. I can't wait to hear it on the next tour.

Your 3rd post: I think you missed my point about what I was saying about Tom Sawyer.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

People think "wow he's young! He must be stupid!"

My legitimate points get lost in the bias fest

So no, I do not give out my age.

Yeah ,that's what I figured.

Careful, your bias is showing.

Come on - admit it AEW - you're a high functioning 5 year old. Just give 'em what they wanna hear.

Just try and avoid the phrase "I made a boom boom" in your posts

All these meanies keep hurting my feelings and it hurts as much as my boo-boo on my knee cuz I fall and scrapped it on the grund.

Wow, guys! What's the polar opposite statement of "get a room, already?" unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 16 2012, 10:59 AM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

Come on - admit it AEW - you're a high functioning 5 year old. Just give 'em what they wanna hear.

All these meanies keep hurting my feelings and it hurts as much as my boo-boo on my knee cuz I fall and scrapped it on the grund.

Wow, guys! What's the polar opposite statement of "get a room, already?" unsure.gif

not following you. The opposite of get a room would mean we are not getting along swimmingly?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 16 2012, 03:27 PM)

I have laughed a lot because of this thread.

But the quote above nearly caused me to mess myself. Not mess with myself, that's a different ball game altogether.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 16 2012, 09:08 AM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

not following you. The opposite of get a room would mean we are not getting along swimmingly?

My bad, you guys are close buds. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 16 2012, 11:16 AM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

We are (at least I would say so). We don't always see eye to eye on every issue, but I always respect his childish opinion and he better respect my grownup opinion z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 16 2012, 11:12 AM)

But the quote above nearly caused me to mess myself. Not mess with myself, that's a different ball game altogether.

biggrin.gif

"Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball handling in one night as you do in an hour." - Del Griffith

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 16 2012, 09:20 AM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

We are (at least I would say so). We don't always see eye to eye on every issue, but I always respect his childish opinion and he better respect my grownup opinion z7shysterical.gif

Spoken like a, erm, true friend? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 04:58 PM)

A bit tragic really...

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2012, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 15 2012, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2012, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 05:59 PM)
Rush really should put an effort into not sucking so much. If they do that things around here would be much more positive.

I will certainly give accolades to Rush, where due, and I'm not shy to point out carelessness. They have a serious obligation to us (and themselves!) to release good quality work. Its really phucking sinful to not work a little harder to iron-out obvious weaknesses in their music and lyrics. It fouls everything in the past they've worked so hard for. Disgrace over pressure.

There are no obvious weaknesses in their music or lyrics.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/thumb/b/b9/BertStare.jpeg/640px-BertStare.jpeg

Bert got into the window pane again... Or is tripping out hard at such a fanboi statement. tongue.gif

Some of you should have the Quote option Removed .

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 16 2012, 10:12 AM)

Glad the conflict could provide you some entertainment. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 16 2012, 10:20 AM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

I respect it as long as it matches mine. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Curly @ Mar 16 2012, 08:47 AM)
It's the reality of the internet that 99.99% percent of what people post here they would never in a million years have the nerve to say it in the person's presence.

If you adopt the rule "Would I really be able to say this to someone's face?" truthfully, internet forums would be a much nicer place.

I don't get the desire of some to come to sites like this for no other reason than to spew negativity. A (far) cry for attention perhaps?

Rush records have been hit and miss since Power Windows... Before that they had a period where they really hit the sweet spot for a bunch of records in a row.

Reality combined with positivity. icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 16 2012, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2012, 10:58 AM)
Some of you should have the Quote option Removed .

Quotist.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 01:00 PM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

I agree with the OP and don't see what the issue is here.

I can't believe the amount of flak this guy is getting.

Sounds to me like everybody is getting their panties in a bunch over a guys sense of humor...or at least what he finds humorous.

He says this:

When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Ain't this the truth here.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 16 2012, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 01:00 PM)

Wasn't that difficult

The results are fun.

Catch the drift.

Not really.

How old are you?..

It's a process.

I give out my age

I agree with the OP and don't see what the issue is here.

I can't believe the amount of flak this guy is getting.

Sounds to me like everybody is getting their panties in a bunch over a guys sense of humor...or at least what he finds humorous.

He says this:

When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Ain't this the truth here.

If you look at this post long enough, you can actually see the hidden spaceship....

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Yokkov @ Mar 15 2012, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Kent @ Mar 15 2012, 01:24 PM)
I feel I NEED it, after Springsteens depressing new album.

Yeah, I Know!

I've never been a Springsteen fan, but I've always acknolaged that his music has lots of good elements. But then I heard my brother listening to some of the new album, and I found myself wondering how he finds it in himself to like theat material. The parts I heard were just really dreary, bad copies of other songs, or just plain bad songwriting.

Oh well! Everyone loses their touch eventually..... confused13.gif

dazed025.gif Hey, Rolling Stone magazine gave the new Springsteen album 5 stars.

And you trust and respect Rolling Stone Magezine?