perhaps a time to calm down

druid13

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 14 2012, 04:44 PM)
Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.
Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

Ok.

You should change your name to Ra-Ra For Rush but get this; Rush aren't reading these threads, they aren't according you mental brownie points nor planning to thank you on their next album. I can assure you that Peart would run a mile from you. If you love the post-Prog corporate Rock that Rush has been peddling for the last eon then good for you.

Bored of you trailing me round the forum like Captain Rush, honestly it's like being back at school.

Only you do this, get over yourself.

Over and out.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 14 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 12:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

How can you say that melody is missing from those albums? T4E has some of the most complex melodies that rush has ever put out. In fact it's usually the most melodic stuff that gets blasted on this message board.

Nonsense! test for echo is convoluted bollocks and lack of melody is the main reason it blows goat,the last truly melodic rush album was counterparts everything since has been contrived tosh.

Having heard bu2b and caravan my expectations are lower than whale shit bolt.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 01:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

huh.gif

your input is appreciated. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 15 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 14 2012, 08:40 PM)

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

How can you say that melody is missing from those albums? T4E has some of the most complex melodies that rush has ever put out. In fact it's usually the most melodic stuff that gets blasted on this message board.

Nonsense! test for echo is convoluted bollocks and lack of melody is the main reason it blows goat,the last truly melodic rush album was counterparts everything since has been contrived tosh.

Having heard bu2b and caravan my expectations are lower than whale shit bolt.gif

To contrive:

1. To plan with cleverness or ingenuity; devise:

2. To invent or fabricate, especially by improvisation:

3. To plan with evil intent; scheme:

4. To bring about, as by scheming; manage:

Well T4E ain't contrived, that's for sure! No hint of cleverness or ingenuity in that one!

You like Counterparts and melody.....where do you stand on the suckfest that is Stick It Out?

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 08:23 AM)
Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.
Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

Ok.

You should change your name to Ra-Ra For Rush but get this; Rush aren't reading these threads, they aren't according you mental brownie points nor planning to thank you on their next album. I can assure you that Peart would run a mile from you. If you love the post-Prog corporate Rock that Rush has been peddling for the last eon then good for you.

Bored of you trailing me round the forum like Captain Rush, honestly it's like being back at school.

Over and out.

laugh.gif All he said was ok. Pretty overboard reply. Clearly shows you post like you do for attention. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 03:02 PM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

laugh.gif All he said was ok. Pretty overboard reply. Clearly shows you post like you do for attention. tongue.gif

And you should change your name to Ra-Ra-For-Parf.

Seriously, you two should get a room...

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 15 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 01:39 PM)

huh.gif

your input is appreciated. eyesre4.gif

As was yours! eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 14 2012, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 14 2012, 03:44 PM)

<<crack!>>

How can you say that? Most RUSH Albums have at least 5 good tracks in them! S & A had 8. That makes it a great album in My Opinion!

bitchslap.gif

Roll the Bones:

Dreamline

Bravado

Roll the Bones

Where's my thing

Ghost of a Chance

Snake and Arrows

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

Working them Angels

Spindrift

The Main Monkey Business

The Way the Wind Blows

Hope

Faithless

Mal-Nar

These songs do Not help your case tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 11:15 AM)
Rush sucks!

goodpost.gif So does Neil

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 12:16 PM)
Rush sucks!

There's only one thing in the world that sucks more than Rush and that's Neil Peart.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 09:22 AM)
Rush sucks!

There's only one thing in the world that sucks more than Rush and that's Neil Peart.

laugh.gif

Forget stupid Rush.

I'm going to listen to the new Coldplay album.

angry.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 03:02 PM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

And you should change your name to Ra-Ra-For-Parf.

Seriously, you two should get a room...

Aw, do you feel neglected? I shall be your side for this one post. And in the spirit of name changing, I shall call you Britainy Spars. Okay, here goes..

"LEAVE BRITAINY ALONE. HE'S A HUMAN!!!"

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 15 2012, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 09:22 AM)
Rush sucks!

laugh.gif

Forget stupid Rush.

I'm going to listen to the new Coldplay album.

angry.gif

cheer.gif

Thats crazy to me - VT and Snakes have some beautiful melodies.

Edited by eshine

If Clockwork Angels is as good as Snakes - I will be happy.

Personally - I am cherishing this moment in time. I know, I know - there is no joy in blindly follwing your heros into oblivion lol - and as much as I love the band, they do miss the mark often.

So what. We are all getting older. These moments anticipating new music by Rush are soon to be a memory, and I dont want to look back thinking I snuffed it by worring about and expecting things I have no control over.

Just enjoy it. I'm 41 years old and cannot beleive I have yet another new Rush album and tour to look forward to. I never would have imagined it.

One thing is for sure - we all chose one the right band to follow smile.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 15 2012, 12:36 PM)

Personally - I am cherishing this moment in time. I know, I know - there is no joy in blindly follwing your heros into oblivion lol - and as much as I love the band, they do miss the mark often.

So what. We are all getting older. These moments anticipating new music by Rush are soon to be a memory, and I dont want to look back thinking I snuffed it by worring about and expecting things I have no control over.

Just enjoy it. I'm 41 years old and cannot beleive I have yet another new Rush album and tour to look forward to. I never would have imagined it.

One thing is for sure - we all chose one the right band to follow smile.gif

Well said eshine. I'm going to stop being so critical of Rush...well, unless they play F%@!ing Roll the Bones on the upcoming tour.

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 15 2012, 12:36 PM)

If CA is as "Good " as S&A , i will shoot myself in the F-n head

Look at any fan message board of a band, comedian or TV show - all are the same when it comes to things like this. There are always complainers and fanboys and little in between. Fan boards attract complainers of new material so they can express their opinion and look for those who agree with them. People who are satisfied with new material don't come by as often because they're too busy enjoying the new stuff. It's the reason I'm an occasional message board lurker rather than poster.