Dallas Cowboys

They still need linebackers and interior D.

Gerald McCoy and Dontarie Poe aren't good fill ins? Our linebacking corps is pretty damn stout if they can stay healthy. Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee and Leighton Vander Esch seem weak to you?

Gerald McCoy and Dontarie Poe aren't good fill ins? Our linebacking corps is pretty damn stout if they can stay healthy. Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee and Leighton Vander Esch seem weak to you?

Poe is a question mark, probably -- he's available for a reason; his best days may be behind him, but here's hoping! That "if" they can stay healthy is a big deal: Lee is another year older, Smith dropped off, etc. It's a good group when everybody's up for it.

The schedule looks tough, of course; thank god we get the AFC North.

Poe is a question mark, probably -- he's available for a reason; his best days may be behind him, but here's hoping! That "if" they can stay healthy is a big deal: Lee is another year older, Smith dropped off, etc. It's a good group when everybody's up for it.

The schedule looks tough, of course; thank god we get the AFC North.

Not being in the inarguably worst division in football, with six games against those cupcakes, is not enough of a break?

Not being in the inarguably worst division in football, with six games against those cupcakes, is not enough of a break?

Well, yeah, you see, the Cowboys are one of the NFC East teams, so the cupcakiness is relative. ESPN thinks the Eagles are the most improved team in the East, and since they outlasted the Cowboys last year, that's already a built-in challenge.

I am hoping for sweeps of the Giants and DC, splitting with the Eagles; beating the Browns and Bengals, so last year's 8-8 should be the floor for this team; I'm hoping for something more like 11-5, with wins over the Rams, Falcons, Cardinals, and they get the Steelers at home. Who knows? Maybe the 49ers will regress, and the Vikings are vulnerable. If the D does step up, that puts the Ravens and Seahawks within reach! (Although, if they can beat those teams, they could beat the Eagles in Philly . . . )

I'm foolishly optimistic!

Edited to note the Cowboys have the 30th most difficult schedule, according to ESPN! (Or third easiest, I suppose). If they can't make the playoffs on that . . . .

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 2

So . . . that did not go well. Injuries -- including linebacker! -- could kill the Cowboys' chances this year. This looked like the herky-jerky start people assumed every team would show: penalties, man!

What troubled me were the occasional play-calling similarities to Mediocrity Garrett. I know Kellen Moore is still there, but why oh why, if you need X yards, do you call up a play designed for X-2 yards? "Yards after the catch" are a thing, but only maybe!

Must do better, Dallas.

Yes it was a shaky start. I wasn't feeling good about Vanderesch lasting the season but that was quick. Really bad that Jarwin went down. He was poised for a big season. All things considered, the D looked bad at times but only allowed 20 points to a high powered offence. I think our offense will get its act together. There are some potential free agents still out there.
  • Like 1

Second wildest game I have ever witnessed. I was at the Monday night game about 10 years ago at Buffalo when Tony Romo threw 5-6 interceptions and they came back in even more improbable fashion. I almost had a heart attack that night.
  • Like 2

Ok just to elucidate how bad thing are in the NFC East - the Eagles (in breathtakingly shitty fashion) tied the BENGALS yesterday, and in doing so GAINED on all NFC East rivals and are 1/2 game out of first (3rd place I know w tie at first) at 0-2-1. Are you F-CKING kidding ME!?!??!?!?!?!!? With 30 seconds left and lining up for a 59 yard FG we went offsides and then PUNTED the f-cking ball instead of going for a first (it was 4th and 12 but still). Its a good thing there werent fans there because someone woulda got hurt. Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

With 30 seconds left and lining up for a 59 yard FG we went offsides and then PUNTED the f-cking ball instead of going for a first (it was 4th and 12 but still). Its a good thing there werent fans there because someone woulda got hurt.

That says a lot about the coach's confidence in the defense. :LOL:
  • Like 1

With 30 seconds left and lining up for a 59 yard FG we went offsides and then PUNTED the f-cking ball instead of going for a first (it was 4th and 12 but still). Its a good thing there werent fans there because someone woulda got hurt.

That says a lot about the coach's confidence in the defense. :LOL:

This morning he said he did the wrong thing. It was prudent to not trust our defense. But taking a shot at winning woulda felt much better. The truth is the team is struggling, massive injury issues, and well.. we suck. This division used to be a proud division with rotating levels of awesomeness of whomever was on top. Now its a pile of poop.

In defense of the Cowboys (and lord knows they need a defense), their two losses have come on the road (small margins this year, but it's a game of inches) against the team that won the NFC two years ago and team that has what looks like peak Russell Wilson. Those are hardly damning losses. (Let us all agree that the Rams losing to the Bills simply means the Bills are good?)

There may be teams in the division that are dumpster fires (cough, Washington & Giants, cough) and the Eagles look out of sorts, but I would not say the division is 100% crap.

• Like 1

There may be teams in the division that are dumpster fires (cough, Washington & Giants, cough) and the Eagles look out of sorts, but I would not say the division is 100% crap.

After three weeks, no one can make any conclusions about any division. There are no trophies in September.

In defense of the Cowboys (and lord knows they need a defense), their two losses have come on the road (small margins this year, but it's a game of inches) against the team that won the NFC two years ago and team that has what looks like peak Russell Wilson. Those are hardly damning losses. (Let us all agree that the Rams losing to the Bills simply means the Bills are good?)

Hope. Thanks :) We also, to be fair, have a lot of injury issues - none of our start WR corps and important people on the line have been missing...

But.. cmon. We cant all do this bad. Its unbecoming.

• Like 1

Hope. Thanks :) We also, to be fair, have a lot of injury issues - none of our start WR corps and important people on the line have been missing...

But.. cmon. We cant all do this bad. Its unbecoming.

Yep the former powerhouse NFC East is an embarrassment so far!

• Like 1

After three weeks, no one can make any conclusions about any division. There are no trophies in September.

:LOL:

How about week 4?

Shake.

My.

Head.

Again.

Dallas, Washington, NY, all lose, and later tonight my eagles will lose.

Browns? CMON! A friend had money on Dallas and I (almost) rooted for them.

Dear God the humanity!

NFC East:

5997caf0099f45d018be0260e44e8a73a54165fd_00.gif

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1