Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is dealing with two fractures in the transverse process in his back, ESPNDallas.com reports.

Romo suffered the injury in Sunday's loss to the Redskins but wound up coming back to finish the game. He could still play against the Cardinals this Sunday, but his status for the next two weeks is in question. The Cowboys don't have a bye until Week 11.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24778416/report-cowboys-qb-tony-romo-has-two-fractures-in-back

He shouldn't play.

Agreed.

But there's only one person whose opinion counts, and that's jerry Jones.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Stupid fing inbred web-toed ****.

That's right, wreck your own house you moron.

:LOL: Reminds of one of the scenes in Goodfellas. What did Karen say? "She spit on her own floor. I never understood that." :LOL:
  • Like 1

They gonna let Romo take two 9 hr plane rides just to beat the Jags?

(FIrst, a point of clarification: I have lived in Texas for 20 years. I have tried and tried and tried to become a Cowboys fan, but I haven't been able to do so because of Jerry Jones. That said, it is impossible to be a sports fan in Texas and not at least "follow" the Cowboys.)

My opinion? They would be nuts to take Romo to London. Five reasons:

1) You mentioned the long flights. Not good for a back, but particularly an injured one.

2) You mentioned the Jaguars. Not a very good team. Dallas can beat Jacksonville with their back up, especially if he continues to get the reps this week.

3) They have their bye week after the London game. Leaving Romo home this week would mean three solid weeks of rest and allow him time to heal. Given the nature of this injury, he could easily be back after the bye if he does not play this week.

4) The Cowboys are still in a good position in the NFC East if they can get Romo back after the bye. They are 6-3 and only a half game behind the Eagles in the loss column with their two games against the Eagles still to come.

5) The Cowboys are still in a good position in the Wild Card if they can get Romo back after the bye. At 6-3 they hold the 5th spot down solo. The 6th spot is a tie between 5-4 Green Bay and Seattle. The only other teams close are 4-4 San Fran and 4-5 Minnesota. Even a 3-4 end puts them at 9-7 and very likely in the playoffs.

Basically, there is no reason for the Cowboys or their fans to panic. This organization and their fans, though, have a permanent seat on the ledge, though, so..... let the panic commence.

• Like 1

(FIrst, a point of clarification: I have lived in Texas for 20 years. I have tried and tried and tried to become a Cowboys fan, but I haven't been able to do so because of Jerry Jones. That said, it is impossible to be a sports fan in Texas and not at least "follow" the Cowboys.)

1) You mentioned the long flights. Not good for a back, but particularly an injured one.

2) You mentioned the Jaguars. Not a very good team. Dallas can beat Jacksonville with their back up, especially if he continues to get the reps this week.

3) They have their bye week after the London game. Leaving Romo home this week would mean three solid weeks of rest and allow him time to heal. Given the nature of this injury, he could easily be back after the bye if he does not play this week.

4) The Cowboys are still in a good position in the NFC East if they can get Romo back after the bye. They are 6-3 and only a half game behind the Eagles in the loss column with their two games against the Eagles still to come.

5) The Cowboys are still in a good position in the Wild Card if they can get Romo back after the bye. At 6-3 they hold the 5th spot down solo. The 6th spot is a tie between 5-4 Green Bay and Seattle. The only other teams close are 4-4 San Fran and 4-5 Minnesota. Even a 3-4 end puts them at 9-7 and very likely in the playoffs.

Basically, there is no reason for the Cowboys or their fans to panic. This organization and their fans, though, have a permanent seat on the ledge, though, so..... let the panic commence.

We have a horrible track record of how we deal with injuries. Garrett needs to tell Romo to sit down and shut up until after the bye week. Probably won't happen though.
  • Like 1

I may have to object to point 2. I don't think the back up can beat a high school team after that showing. Also Romo won't be travelling in coach - he will have one of those seats where he can lie down
  • Like 1

Bortles is no Carson Palmer,so surely the Cowboys can cope without Romo this weekend,even though Weedon looked like he'd never thrown a ball in his life on Sunday.

I agree with all of this (except for the strange desire to become a Cowboys fan). Add to that that the Sanchize is taking over in Philly phor a while, if you can get Romo back after the bye you're in the drivers seat. Why risk it?

• Like 1

I agree with all of this (except for the strange desire to become a Cowboys fan). Add to that that the Sanchize is taking over in Philly phor a while, if you can get Romo back after the bye you're in the drivers seat. Why risk it?

I wouldn't call it a desire... more the reality of my not wanting to pay the NFL for Sunday Ticket and that, for a very long time, meant the only steady team I saw was Dallas. I was trying to develop a rooting interesting.

Granted, a few years back, we started getting a steady diet of the Houston Texans... but, um, yeah....

I wouldn't call it a desire... more the reality of my not wanting to pay the NFL for Sunday Ticket and that, for a very long time, meant the only steady team I saw was Dallas. I was trying to develop a rooting interesting.

Granted, a few years back, we started getting a steady diet of the Houston Texans... but, um, yeah....

I have Sunday Ticket (being a Miami fan in MN), and I couldn't live without it.

Well, I could, but why?