Dallas Cowboys

The Big Boys up front dominate the Shegulls today. Expect a high scoring game and another come from behind win for the best ever at it, Tony Romo.

Nothing like Tony Romo to start up the hyperbole machine.

His performance in 4th quarter comebacks is the best in the NFL and has been for quite awhile.

I'm not a Romo basher (though I'm not above taking a cheap shot for fun); objectively, I think he's a very good QB overall and his record is very good in these situations, despite popular perception. He may even be the best in the NFL currently at this.

To say he's the best all time is hyperbolic at best. Better than John Elway? I'm not even sure he's the best in the history of the franchise, Staubach was pretty damned deadly in these situations, too.

Agreed. But he is really good at it and takes too much criticism.
  • Like 1

The Big Boys up front dominate the Shegulls today. Expect a high scoring game and another come from behind win for the best ever at it, Tony Romo.

His performance in 4th quarter comebacks is the best in the NFL and has been for quite awhile.

I'm not a Romo basher (though I'm not above taking a cheap shot for fun); objectively, I think he's a very good QB overall and his record is very good in these situations, despite popular perception. He may even be the best in the NFL currently at this.

To say he's the best all time is hyperbolic at best. Better than John Elway? I'm not even sure he's the best in the history of the franchise, Staubach was pretty damned deadly in these situations, too.

:cheers:

By the way, did he look limited to you yesterday? It seemed like he had a lot of inaccurate throws downfield in the second half. I think the back must still be bothering him. I know (and was surprised by) the pressure the Eagles could get on him.

It will be interesting to see (and he'll have an extra week of healing) how he'll do against what might be the worst pass defense in league history next Thursday.

By the way, did he look limited to you yesterday? It seemed like he had a lot of inaccurate throws downfield in the second half. I think the back must still be bothering him. I know (and was surprised by) the pressure the Eagles could get on him.

It will be interesting to see (and he'll have an extra week of healing) how he'll do against what might be the worst pass defense in league history next Thursday.

He looked awful. I really don't know if it was his back or not. Our defensive game plan stunk. I swear there was no one within five yards of their players when they caught passes. Terrible. Syrinx sums it up perfectly.

The one INT at the end of the game, he looked like he just threw it up there trying to make something happen.. an unnecessary INT even if they were to lose.

• Like 1

The one INT at the end of the game, he looked like he just threw it up there trying to make something happen.. an unnecessary INT even if they were to lose.

Yeah. He looked like he mailed it in.

Dez Cryant is already living up to his rep as a baby.

He calls the Eagles out for being "kinda cheap".

Oh really Dez? Were they cheaper than a bloke who beats up his mum?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000435499/article/dez-bryant-says-eagles-were-kinda-cheap-thursday

Edited by Turbine Freight
  • Like 1

http://www.nfl.com/n...-cheap-thursday

I hate that with certain players,

Instead of blaming themselves and the team. They make excuses and blame others for their failures.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

And it's shit like this that makes me cringe when entertaining giving him a long term, lucrative deal. Maybe we would be better off with three B+ players and giving up an A+ player that is a head case.
  • Like 1

And it's shit like this that makes me cringe when entertaining giving him a long term, lucrative deal. Maybe we would be better off with three B+ players and giving up an A+ player that is a head case.

That's what really annoys me as well & I understand how frustrating it is for loyal Cowboys fans.

This lad has all the potential & ability in the world & yet acts like a 5 year old in the midst of a temper tantrum. He needs to grow up fast.

It's embarrassing for the team as a whole when he does these shenanigens.

Dez got mugged the whole game and everybody saw it. It happens. Got to have drama at the end of the season.

@TF Why don't you stick to something you know about like soccer or cricket or some such other queen ass Brit thing.

Dez got mugged the whole game and everybody saw it. It happens. Got to have drama at the end of the season.

@TF Why don't you stick to something you know about like soccer or cricket or some such other queen ass Brit thing.

I don't think he's off the mark here. I simply don't trust Dez and I'm really starting to question if he's worth a huge long-term deal. It might be best to part ways at the end of the season and pick up another receiver or two in free agency. We are supposed to fianlly have some cap space this off season.

Looks like Dez isn't the only one crying :LOL:!

Dez reminds me of DeSean Jackson. Loads of ability but a petulant diva who blamed everyone but himself when things went south. Glad he's Washington's problem now, whatever his stats were for Philly.

Looks like Dez isn't the only one crying :LOL:!

Dez reminds me of DeSean Jackson. Loads of ability but a petulant diva who blamed everyone but himself when things went south. Glad he's Washington's problem now, whatever his stats were for Philly.

Dez may have more physical skills than Irvin had but he's not near the overall football player. Escpecially in the clutch and in leadership.

I agree with the overall assessment of Dez. I still don't totally trust him. And I am no expert on game plans etc, but the other top tier receivers in the league still seem to be able to make plays when doubled. But in this instance a reporter asked him about his bleeding lip and he answered. He wasn't making excuses. He took responsibility.