Dallas Cowboys

A look at where the New Orleans Saints (1-2) and their upcoming opponents, the Dallas Cowboys (2-1), rank in key statistical categories through three weeks of the NFL season:

http://i.imgur.com/JvedSjJ.jpg

SAINTS OFFENSE:

Total yards: 4th (421.7 per game)

Passing yards: 5th (281.3 per game)

Rushing yards: 6th (140.3 per game)

Third-down conversions: 1st (61.5 percent)

Red-zone touchdowns: 4th (69.23 percent)

Turnovers (giveaways): tie-13th fewest (4)

Sacks allowed: tie-5th fewest (3)

SAINTS DEFENSE:

Total yards: 24th (379.7 per game)

Passing yards: 29th (278.3 per game)

Rushing yards: tie-9th (101.3 per game)

Third-down conversions: 24th (45.2 percent)

Red-zone touchdowns: tie-17th (55.6 percent percent)

Turnovers (takeaways): 31st (1)

Sacks: tie-7th fewest (4)

SAINTS TEAM:

Points scored: 7th (26.0 per game)

Points allowed: tie-20th (24.0 per game)

Turnover ratio: tie-25th (minus-3)

Time of possession: 10th (31:38 per game)

SAINTS INDIVIDUALS:

QB Drew Brees: 863 yards (5th), 5 TDs (tie-8th), 2 INTs (tie-15th most), 99.1 passer rating (8th), 73.7 Total QBR (9th)

TE Jimmy Graham: 24 receptions (2nd), 254 receiving yards (9th), 2 receiving TDs (tie-5th)

RB Mark Ingram: 3 rushing TDs (tie-1st), 6.0 yards per carry (tie-3rd)

WR Brandin Cooks: 18 receptions (tie-15th)

OLB Junior Galette: 2 sacks (tie-13th)

http://i.imgur.com/bxJU71k.jpg

COWBOYS OFFENSE:

Total yards: 12th (363.3 per game)

Passing yards: 24th (206.7 per game)

Rushing yards: 3rd (156.7 per game)

Turnovers (giveaways): tie-3rd most (7)

Sacks allowed: tie-8th most (7)

COWBOYS DEFENSE:

Total yards: 21st (360.3 per game)

Passing yards: 21st (250.3 per game)

Rushing yards: tie-15th (110.0 per game)

Turnovers (takeaways): tie-7th most (5)

Sacks: tie-2nd fewest (3)

COWBOYS TEAM:

Points scored: 8th (25.7 per game)

Points allowed: tie-18th (23.0 per game)

COWBOYS INDIVIDUALS:

RB DeMarco Murray: 385 rushing yards (1st), 3 rushing TDs (tie-1st),

QB Tony Romo: 674 yards (tie-19th), 4 TDs (tie-12th), 4 INTs (tie-1st), 86.1 passer rating (19th), 72.9 Total QBR (11th)

WR Dez Bryant: 20 receptions (tie-9th), 247 receiving yards (13th)

Report: Morris Claiborne skips Tuesday walk-through after being demoted

Posted by Mike Wilkening on September 23, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/cf3b9ce55aac483d4db3aeb82b6b54c8-e1395849411708.jpeg?w=212

According to a published report, the Cowboys have benched cornerback Morris Claiborne — and he is said to have not taken the news especially well.

Jean-Jacques Taylor of ESPN.com reports Claiborne “angrily left” the team’s facilities and did not attend Tuesday’s walk-through practice after being told he was being removed from the starting lineup in favor of Orlando Scandrick.

A first-round pick in 2012, Claiborne has struggled with injuries and his play at points of his three-season career with Dallas. This week, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made headlines when he said the team’s move to trade up for Claiborne two years ago hadn’t quite panned out just yet, though Jones also noted that the former LSU star still had upside.

Only 24 years old, and with 24 starts to his credit, Claiborne can still be of value to Dallas, even if it’s just in “sub” packages. But instances of NFL players skipping practice are exceedingly rare, and it will be interesting to see how the Cowboys react as they prepare for an important game against formidable New Orleans on Sunday night.

If nothing else, this is an unneeded distraction for 2-1 Dallas, which has won two games in a row and has largely flown under the radar, save for a humbling loss to San Francisco in Week One.

But now, controversy may just have made an unwelcome return to Valley Ranch.

Claiborne has to grow up. He has sucked and deserves a demotion. 6th pick overall!! My advise- work hard and earn the starting job back young man. I am not sure the point in stats comparisons, when you don't compare all the categories?

Vaccaro has a “little personal vendetta” against the Cowboys

Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/vaccaro.jpg?w=238

On the surface, the next edition of Sunday Night Football features a surprisingly good Cowboys team and a surprisingly not-so-dominant Saints team. But there are some intriguing subplots, too.

For example, Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro says he has a “little personal vendetta” against the Cowboys.

In April 2013, the Cowboys had expressed interest in drafting Vaccaro, a Texas native who played for the Longhorns. But with the Saints poised to take him, the Cowboys had no interest in trading up to get Vaccaro.

“My agent was like, ‘Hey, the Saints about to take Kenny, y’all gonna make a move?,'” Vaccaro said, via WWLTV.com.

“‘Nah, we don’t move up for safeties,'” the Cowboys told Vaccaro’s agent.

Dallas held the 18th overall pick, ultimately trading down with the 49ers, who unlike the Cowboys do move up for safeties. The 49ers picked safety Eric Reid.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/cf3b9ce55aac483d4db3aeb82b6b54c8-e1395849411708.jpeg?w=212

According to a published report, the Cowboys have benched cornerback Morris Claiborne — and he is said to have not taken the news especially well.

Jean-Jacques Taylor of ESPN.com reports Claiborne “angrily left” the team’s facilities and did not attend Tuesday’s walk-through practice after being told he was being removed from the starting lineup in favor of Orlando Scandrick.

A first-round pick in 2012, Claiborne has struggled with injuries and his play at points of his three-season career with Dallas. This week, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made headlines when he said the team’s move to trade up for Claiborne two years ago hadn’t quite panned out just yet, though Jones also noted that the former LSU star still had upside.

Only 24 years old, and with 24 starts to his credit, Claiborne can still be of value to Dallas, even if it’s just in “sub” packages. But instances of NFL players skipping practice are exceedingly rare, and it will be interesting to see how the Cowboys react as they prepare for an important game against formidable New Orleans on Sunday night.

If nothing else, this is an unneeded distraction for 2-1 Dallas, which has won two games in a row and has largely flown under the radar, save for a humbling loss to San Francisco in Week One.

Thanks Jerry. I said it on draft day over two years ago and I'll say it now. Terrible pick. We gave up too much for a 180lb cornerback. This move was a Jerry move. I can smell it. Take a look at our history of second and third round picks. It must be the worst in the entire NFL.

Thanks Jerry. I said it on draft day over two years ago and I'll say it now. Terrible pick. We gave up too much for a 180lb cornerback. This move was a Jerry move. I can smell it. Take a look at our history of second and third round picks. It must be the worst in the entire NFL.

Not so fast my friend.

Signed,

Jeff Ireland

Not so fast my friend.

Signed,

Jeff Ireland

It bled over. I remember him.

We're here Cowboys fans and we must destroy you, but not for our own glory, oh no no! We must destroy for the sake of the little children around the world who's lives will be enriched anew by a Cowboys and Jerry Jones loss!

:madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra:

• Like 2

You never know. Don't tell me about games over at the half! Detroit and Green Bay games come to mind. But wow! That was impressive. Our O line is awesome! Game is won in the trenches. They are protecting Romo and creating big holes for Murray. And the D is playing better than expected. Something to be said for momentum - they may start believing in themselves.

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/pgmain/img/tpphotos/photo/2014/09/29/-1f22c1aaf3d5f662.JPG

Actor Danny Trejo ("Machete") applauds on the sidelines during the game between the New Orleans Saints and Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium

No kidding. That was a regular thing the last two seasons. I thought we were over that! Nice win. Got tense, but that is a pretty good defence Houston has. Big game next week!