Rush to tour in Fall 2012.

yyzyy

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 31 2011, 07:59 AM)
This is bad news. Wasn't it already a given that Rush was touring in 2012? I just assumed it would be a Spring or Summer tour. The fact they're not touring until Fall is kind of a bummer as we still have a year wait!

Don't be an impatient baby.

http://www.mikeperlowin.com/babylogo.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 2 2012, 03:30 AM)
Don't push it back guys! Give it to us in the Spring and then enjoy your Summer off but please release it in the Spring. Summer cruisin and jammin to CA:)

Besides, I was waiting to schedule my vacation around the tour this summer!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I gotta admit that I was a doubter, but I am starting to thaw. It just seemed that after touring Time Machine so hard, that a 2012 tour would be unlikely. I am happy to be wrong ...

After being spoiled and catching them three times last tour (all indoor arenas, by the way incl the Cleveland DVD show), I can't wait to see them again with a new setlist. With it being 2012, it must be time to bring back opening their show with the entire 2112 suite???? Oh, yes ... it is definitely that time. Sign me up.

I don't believe this. I'm not calling the OP a liar but I don't think it's a north American tour. They try to tour in the summer because of Geddy's voice. This is more and more important as each year passes! There's also Neil's riding and who wants to argue with Neil Peart??? Thats right, nobody!

Either this guy was talking about a south American tour or warm climate somewhere else. Or maybe he was pulling your leg and wants you to be pleasantly surprised when the SUMMER Tour is announced!

Edited by MMCXII

There's no talk in South America about any Rush tour at this stage, at least not in Brazil. If we're talking September - spring in the Southern Hemisphere - we can expect a tour announcement by March over here.

QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Jan 3 2012, 12:14 AM)
I gotta admit that I was a doubter, but I am starting to thaw. It just seemed that after touring Time Machine so hard, that a 2012 tour would be unlikely. I am happy to be wrong ...

After being spoiled and catching them three times last tour (all indoor arenas, by the way incl the Cleveland DVD show), I can't wait to see them again with a new setlist. With it being 2012, it must be time to bring back opening their show with the entire 2112 suite???? Oh, yes ... it is definitely that time. Sign me up.

I can see that Happening:

Set 1:

2112 (Entire)

Far Cry

Cut to the Chase

Where's My Thing?

Jacobs Ladder

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

Freewill

New World Man

Distant Early Warnings

YYZ

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

New Song From CA

New Song From CA 2

New Instrumental from CA

Clockwork Angels (Epic)

The Big Money

Kid Gloves

Middletown Dreams

Lock And Key

MalNar/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Different Strings

Red Barchetta

Xanadu (Entire)

Closer to the Heart (Extended)

Encore:

Dreamline

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

The feel from rushisaband is a spring release and summer tour. I would think that would mean South America after a break, like the first Time Machine leg, and Europe the year after....but that's just me and my humble opinion.

6 songs from a new album to open the 2nd set including an epic? You might lose half the building with that - the seats cleared out somewhat on the S & A tour when they did 5 in a row.

"Distant Early Warning" - its' never been plural!

I highly doubt we ever see Different Strings live, but given sampling and triggers anything is possible. I think that late in the set list it would be a downer though. Maybe in the first set?

Doubtful we ever see a full version of Xanadu again - while Alex would be probably be game to tour the EDS-1275 I don't think Geddy wants to pull the Rickenbacker doublenecks from storage.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jan 3 2012, 05:33 AM)
I don't believe this. I'm not calling the OP a liar but I don't think it's a north American tour. They try to tour in the summer because of Geddy's voice. This is more and more important as each year passes! There's also Neil's riding and who wants to argue with Neil Peart??? Thats right, nobody!

Either this guy was talking about a south American tour or warm climate somewhere else. Or maybe he was pulling your leg and wants you to be pleasantly surprised when the SUMMER Tour is announced!

Agree totally. I was thinking about this yesterday. Howard probably didn't want to come out with the exact truth when somebody asked him about touring. I still hope it's a summer tour and spring release. You're right. I don't think Neil will pass up a chance to ride in the summer.

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jan 3 2012, 10:18 PM)
Original plans were indeed for a tour starting early June (they were well into routing dates) but plans changed pretty abruptly and the tour was pushed back a few months. No change in the album schedule.

You say this as if you have sources. Sources please?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 3 2012, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jan 3 2012, 05:33 AM)

Agree totally. I was thinking about this yesterday. Howard probably didn't want to come out with the exact truth when somebody asked him about touring. I still hope it's a summer tour and spring release. You're right. I don't think Neil will pass up a chance to ride in the summer.

Howard doesn't BS about things like that. A fan asked him a question and off the cuff, he gave him the information he had at that time. However, as someone else pointed out, things can/did change very quickly. Why is that so hard to believe?

As for Neil, he rides in just about any weather. You don't seriously believe that Rush tours are planned around his riding comfort... do you??

I don't think they do a fall tour simply because I don't think they can fill the arenas in every city. It's one thing to fill 8-10,000 seats in the sheds, but having to fill 15-18,000 seats a night in arenas would be hard for them.

They can do a few arena shows in certain places, but not an entire tour.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 3 2012, 12:22 PM)

Set 1:

2112 (Entire)

What are you trying to kill Geddy??

First song's a bit of a tall order on his poor pipes wink.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jan 4 2012, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 3 2012, 12:22 PM)

Set 1:

2112 (Entire)

What are you trying to kill Geddy??

First song's a bit of a tall order on his poor pipes wink.gif

Nah... 2112 is mostly instrumental anyway! I think Geddy would be fine!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Jan 4 2012, 11:13 AM)
I don't think they do a fall tour simply because I don't think they can fill the arenas in every city. It's one thing to fill 8-10,000 seats in the sheds, but having to fill 15-18,000 seats a night in arenas would be hard for them.

They can do a few arena shows in certain places, but not an entire tour.

I'm psyched for the tour either way. If they market it as something-2112, my bet is it will be huge. Time Machine was one of their biggest ever, perhaps since MP.

Another scenario: play fewer dates to fuller places.

Their are pros and cons to each type of venue, but if pressed I'd choose indoor. Vivid, loud, exciting and classic!

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Jan 3 2012, 04:45 PM)
6 songs from a new album to open the 2nd set including an epic? You might lose half the building with that - the seats cleared out somewhat on the S & A tour when they did 5 in a row.

"Distant Early Warning" - its' never been plural!

I highly doubt we ever see Different Strings live, but given sampling and triggers anything is possible. I think that late in the set list it would be a downer though. Maybe in the first set?

Doubtful we ever see a full version of Xanadu again - while Alex would be probably be game to tour the EDS-1275 I don't think Geddy wants to pull the Rickenbacker doublenecks from storage.

The way I see it, It's only 4 songs. We have been introduce to and are pretty familiar with Caravan and BU2B already. As for Xanadu, I think the boys can pull it off just like they pulled off The Camera Eye.

(Sorry for the pluralization) rofl3.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Looks like I'm the minority. I despise indoor shows, mainly because of the sound. Plus, there's a certain vibe to an outdoor show that I just don't get indoors. The plus side is darkness throughout the whole show, but I've seen tons of bands both indoor and outdoor and my favourite concerts were always the ones at the Molson Amphitheatre.

My eagerness to get my hands on the new album makes it hard for me to get geeked about the tour. Once I have Clockwork Orange in my hands, and have listened to it a few dozen times, I'll start to get stoked about the tour. 1022.gif