Collection of their "Best Dance Songs'

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Dec 19 2011, 09:16 AM)
confused13.gif

Why not... Pink Floyd did it!!

No they didn't. Pink Floyd's facetiously titled album was full of the "non-danceable" music Floyd was known for, as hinted by the brilliant album artwork.

But I guess Rush could do the same though as their music is equally undanceable..

Ok then my vote goes the natural science!! (dance to that without hurting yourself! Lol)

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 19 2011, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Dec 19 2011, 09:16 AM)
confused13.gif

Why not... Pink Floyd did it!!

No they didn't. Pink Floyd's facetiously titled album was full of the "non-danceable" music Floyd was known for, as hinted by the brilliant album artwork.

But I guess Rush could do the same though as their music is equally undanceable..

Did so.

Released an album by that name! tongue.gif

...Uh... I danced (in my little two-foot square.. maybe less.. of space at the concert) to just about everything. Well, as well as I could dance. tongue.gif

Joking aside, I'd say... "Superconductor"? Which is kind of an ironic choice I suppose, since it's almost like a parody on modern music.

"A strong and simple beat... that you can dance to..!"

In the Signals tour book, under The Weapon, Neil mentions a 4/4 beat throughout and says something along the lines of "the disco kids will be able to dance to it".

So I'm going with The Weapon although I don't find it as dancable as NWM.

Oh yeah... I JUST remembered...In the Grace Under Pressure concert video from 1985 during YYZ at the :53 mark there is a girl doing the terrible, 1980's white girl dance...so maybe put YYZ in there. (if you look at ther comments someone else mentions this girl)

Here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVx71Fp0vSI

I've been known to dance to Turn The Page icon_alienjig.gif I can see The Enemy Within and Face Up working too. Some of the later instrumentals like LTTA, TMMB, maybe MalNar, and even Caravan would make awesome ice skating routines for shows where they're allowed rock music.

Everytime I've seen Rush and they do Roll the Bones it seems like folks start dancing. So I go with RTB.

The Big Money is kinda danceable. I agree with other choices here, particularly Superconductor.

i've, uh, "danced" to Rush songs before(for my husband wink.gif ).

some of my favorites are Earthshine, Between The Wheels, most of the first album, and Vital Signs. i've also tried out The Weapon, The Enemy Within, The Main Monkey Business, Animate, and Show Don't Tell.

so, no, it's not impossible to dance to Rush smile.gif

I can swear I remember an American Bandstand from 1981 or so where Tom Sawyer was featured on Rate a Record.

Can't find any evidence of it through Google so far, though.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 20 2011, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 19 2011, 04:35 PM)
Rush and the word 'dance' don't belong in the same sentence. dazed025.gif

So does that mean you stand perfectly still at Rush concerts? Of course not.

Any rhythmic movement to music is a form of dancing.

No dancing for me.

At a Rush show (while music is playing), I generally play air guitar 90% of the time, air drums 6% of the time, air bass 3% of the time, and 1% for just standing there in awe.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 20 2011, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 20 2011, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 19 2011, 04:35 PM)
Rush and the word 'dance' don't belong in the same sentence. dazed025.gif

So does that mean you stand perfectly still at Rush concerts? Of course not.

Any rhythmic movement to music is a form of dancing.

No dancing for me.

At a Rush show (while music is playing), I generally play air guitar 90% of the time, air drums 6% of the time, air bass 3% of the time, and 1% for just standing there in awe.

...dancing

There's so much you can do.

Roll the Bones is the first thing that comes to mind. Also a lot of stuff from GUP, DEW is a hoot, EW also. All in all, you could take a lot of material from their 80s-90s stuff. Before and after, I don't think so. biggrin.gif