When did you join and how did you find out?

Godot

I went to my first Rush show last fall and was stoked, but didn't have enough people to talk with about it. About a week later, I think I Googled for a Rush board (had been on ones for other interests of mine) and found this one. I heard about Counterparts later and tried to join, but couldn't get through their spam filter. I was encouraged to try again, but kinda gave up...I'm busy enough here and the Facebook Rush groups (which I found through people I met here).

Can't remember how I found RIAB...I rely on it for news, but a few times I posted there, people were less than welcoming, so I'm a bit intimidated by it. To its credit, I did find out about the pre-show meetup for Hershey there...I was a bit on the outside looking in because I'm so new, but I'm getting to know the people I met there a little better on Facebook now.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Dec 5 2011, 07:38 PM)
I joined about 9 months ago.

I had been a member of another Rush Forum for many years, until it was destroyed in a hail of drama and stupidity.

I don't remember exactly, but I probably googled.

trink39.gif

trinet?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 5 2011, 08:43 PM)

I had been a member of another Rush Forum for many years, until it was destroyed in a hail of drama and stupidity.

trink39.gif

trinet?

Whatever happened with trinet anyway?

I think I did a Google search and chose TRF over Counterparts because I liked the name better - more succinct and to the point. This was September of last year. It was because of the New World Women forum that I decided to stay - everyone was very welcoming. In fact, with very few exceptions, I've found this to be one of the friendliest MBs on the 'net. biggrin.gif

Was a member of many boards over the years, starting with Geddys "My Favorite Headache" back in like 00?

From there other boards spawned, MFH went under, then another "rushforum" was borne by a friend of mine...went kind of by the wayside....another popped up...TheRushChronicles...drama and stupidity ensued, left there...found TRF in June of 2008 and chose this road...

and it has made all the difference. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 5 2011, 07:43 PM)

trink39.gif

trinet?

Rush Tour Forum

I joined way way back in June of this year..after doing a google search

for RUSH sites. Entertaining site, for sure.

Flying Monkeys told me

Joined in May this year, a couple of days before my first ever Rush concert. Gilby had been on here for a while and eventually I decided to give it a try. I've never been on a forum before. I'm on Facebook but don't go on it very often, ive never really done the whole social networking thing til recently, even then i spend most of my time here. I was a bit nervous at first but I've grown to really love it!

THANKYOU TRF! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Was looking for a way to speed up my record player for playing very old records... I search the internet.... "rush music" and this site came up... after 7 years i still don't understand this place and my records still go too slow!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 5 2011, 09:43 PM)

trink39.gif

trinet?

Nope. I am sure he was a fellow Rushtourian from Rushtour.com

I loved that board. Was a member there since 2002.

I have no clue what went down.....but whatever it was it was bad and the board died a painful death.

We had superb meet-ups for the Vapor Trails tour in Vegas, the R-30 show, and the Snakes and Arrows tour was amazing. Great times and i still keep in touch with a couple of peeps there and plan on meeting up with them opening night for the Clockwork Angels tour 2012.

But I truly enjoy the positive atmosphere here at The Rush Forum. I love talking about Rush....a lot. And it is nice to have a clubhouse to talk till we are blue in the face about the best band ever.

Believe it or not I also enjoy The CP forum. You just have to know how to roll with the British folks. They are a fun bunch and it is all in good fun....really it is. If you take it seriously then it is not the place for you.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 7 2011, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 5 2011, 09:43 PM)

trink39.gif

trinet?

Nope. I am sure he was a fellow Rushtourian from Rushtour.com

I loved that board. Was a member there since 2002.

I have no clue what went down.....but whatever it was it was bad and the board died a painful death.

Correct on all counts. Lots of drama, followed by full-implosion.

I too still keep in touch with some of our fellow Rushtourians (I spent the last weekend with one ). There are several others here.

It's nice to see you again. I remember you.

I was 1001001 there. Apparently, that name is taken on this board...

angry.gif

wink.gif

I joined the day of the big server crash when CP went belly up. A lot of people used TRF as a life raft in those days. However, I liked the atmosphere here much better, so I stayed for good and didn't sign up when CP came back - it's too noisy for my taste over there!