Black Sabbath reunites with Ozzy!

USB Connector

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 2 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 2 2012, 04:23 PM)
You knew something was going to make this a mess when $haron is involved. I kinda lost respect for Bill when he really had Nothing to say about Dio when he died and he was in the f-n band with him. He wrote a full page about the bass player for Slipknot who shot himself up with too much heroin . He went down a few in my book.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif He is definitely getting replaced. I'll do do it for. All for $150k/yr salary with an up front bonus of $100k.

Sorry, Bill!! Lmao

We should send them copies of our work 1022.gif

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 2 2012, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 2 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 2 2012, 04:23 PM)
You knew something was going to make this a mess when $haron is involved. I kinda lost respect for Bill when he really had Nothing to say about Dio when he died and he was in the f-n band with him. He wrote a full page about the bass player for Slipknot who shot himself up with too much heroin . He went down a few in my book.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif He is definitely getting replaced. I'll do do it for. All for $150k/yr salary with an up front bonus of $100k.

Sorry, Bill!! Lmao

We should send them copies of our work 1022.gif

I forgot you played drums! 1022.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Feb 2 2012, 05:27 PM)
No problem, Bill really isn't that great anymore anyway.
Just get Vinny up there, he did great on the 98' European Tour.

Yup, you beat me to it. His drumming on the Reunion album was atrocious. Just played the straight beat for everything - no fills at all like there's supposed to be. He's just a fat tired old man now. I agree with metaldad too- what a dick Ward is for saying nothing about Dio. Sabbath just doesn't know when to call it a f*ckin' day already! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Feb 2 2012, 05:27 PM)
No problem, Bill really isn't that great anymore anyway.
Just get Vinny up there, he did great on the 98' European Tour.

I agree . The problem is that they already announced that the old band is back, the selling point.

It was pretty stupid for their management/promoters to announce it all without signing the contracts - particularly when one of them clearly wasn't happy with the initial one they were offered.

I can't imagine anyone else but Vinnie having the "sabbath street cred" to do this reunion thing. I'll bet they quiet down until the tour starts. Then they will just call it black sabbath anyway, since vinnie did play for the band before, and Vinnie will gladly take his small percentage of $10M bucks as payment for the tour. I can't see too many people boycotting the concert without Ward.

Bill's toast anyway, like you guys are sayin. He's got 70 million in the bank. I think he'll make it on that if he budgets his money.

Every tour Bill has done since they first got back together, they have had Vinny in the wings because Bill Can't make it thru a tour without having heart problems. My guess is they want Bill to pay the cost of having Vinny on the road , atleast that is one of the reasons. You are dealing with $haron after all.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 3 2012, 10:25 AM)
Every tour Bill has done since they first got back together, they have had Vinny in the wings because Bill Can't make it thru a tour without having heart problems. My guess is they want Bill to pay the cost of having Vinny on the road , atleast that is one of the reasons. You are dealing with $haron after all.

Darn valid point, Metaldad! After Bill making that public statement I'll bet $haron will nip it in the bud and wash her hands of him once and for all.

Vinnie is sittin' pretty right now. They stand to make 160 million just for the band members, so there's definitely some cash in there for him somewhere. Even if he scraped $10M off the top, the rest of the band would be able to split the remaining $150M, or $50M each. That's just mad money...

We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current Black Sabbath plans...we have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open... We are still in the UK with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll... See you at Download!!!

- Tony, Ozzy and Geezer

Off of Black Sabbath's facebook.

^They got it wrong. That's not what Bill said. He said he'd participate if they gave him a better contract. They have no one to blame but themselves for him not participating.

QUOTE (adace1 @ Feb 3 2012, 02:45 PM)
^They got it wrong. That's not what Bill said. He said he'd participate if they gave him a better contract. They have no one to blame but themselves for him not participating.

They got it right. Bill said no to the contract , so he chose Not to participate biggrin.gif

It's falling apart already...

I doubt they get Vinnie Appice after what Ozzy said about him in the 80s...

And when Ozzy quits, which will be pretty soon, there'll be no Dio this time, and even Glenn Hughes is unavailable...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 3 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (adace1 @ Feb 3 2012, 02:45 PM)

They got it right. Bill said no to the contract , so he chose Not to participate biggrin.gif

Knew $haron would be done with him after that public statement...

Metaldad and myself could do it, but I bet Vinnie got the call... Any word on who yet??

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 3 2012, 02:57 PM)

And when Ozzy quits, which will be pretty soon, there'll be no Dio this time, and even Glenn Hughes is unavailable...

What did ozzy say about him in the eighties??? Sorry for the triple post, but maybe Portannoy would do it? Carmine Appice, Vinnie's older and better playing brother? Tommy Aldridge? Simon Kirk?

Me and Metaldad?? tongue.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 3 2012, 04:14 PM)

What did ozzy say about him in the eighties??? Sorry for the triple post, but maybe Portannoy would do it? Carmine Appice, Vinnie's older and better playing brother? Tommy Aldridge? Simon Kirk?

When Bill left after the H&H album Ozzy described Sabbath as Geezer and the Three Wops...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 3 2012, 04:21 PM)

When Bill left after the H&H album Ozzy described Sabbath as Geezer and the Three Wops...

laugh.gif

Ok td, 10% of 160mil usd is $16 million bucks. Do you think vinnie woukd be too proud to forgive a 30 year old ethnic slur based on those figures? For that kinda money.I'd give sharon a big wet kiss and jump on old uncle ozzys lap for christ sakes!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 3 2012, 04:44 PM)

laugh.gif

Ok td, 10% of 160mil usd is $16 million bucks. Do you think vinnie woukd be too proud to forgive a 30 year old ethnic slur based on those figures? For that kinda money.I'd give sharon a big wet kiss and jump on old uncle ozzys lap for christ sakes!

Well why isn't Bill W doing it then? Maybe the drummer position isn't getting the zeros that Ozzy is getting. I doubt Vinnie gets a better contract than Ward...

laugh.gif

So, in other words, you're easy, but not cheap...??? wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 3 2012, 05:44 PM)

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Vinnie subbed for Bill during the last reunion from 97-06. The bigger problem is that they sold this as "the original 4" reuniting for the last go round.

What's funny is that Ozzy sued Tony claiming that the original members should each share the name (and presumably the money to be made from it) equally, despite the fact that Geezer, Bill and Ozzy had sold their shares to Tony. It would be strange if its Ozzy's camp that is now trying to get Bill to take less.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 3 2012, 04:46 PM)

laugh.gif

Well why isn't Bill W doing it then? Maybe the drummer position isn't getting the zeros that Ozzy is getting. I doubt Vinnie gets a better contract than Ward...

Because. Bill thought they would pay him an equal share which is $40mil, so he held out like peter criss did for kiss. Being that vinnie was not an original member, he would not have his feelings hurt as much by a smaller than equal share than someone who was a founding member.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Feb 3 2012, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 3 2012, 05:44 PM)

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Vinnie subbed for Bill during the last reunion from 97-06. The bigger problem is that they sold this as "the original 4" reuniting for the last go round.

What's funny is that Ozzy sued Tony claiming that the original members should each share the name (and presumably the money to be made from it) equally, despite the fact that Geezer, Bill and Ozzy had sold their shares to Tony. It would be strange if its Ozzy's camp that is now trying to get Bill to take less.

It's more than strange. It's the truth! Thats precisely what happened. Bill was the one that had to tell ozzy he was unfit for the band in 1978, from what i read. Truth is stranger than fiction, after all...