last movie you watched

sonicjams

Arrival

This is what Interstellar should have been. Great score as well. Saw it at a theater that included new reclining seats which was nice.

Now I greatly enjoyed Interstellar but I have even higher hopes for this one!

I adore Amy Adams anyway.

I just read a little plot synopsis and it sounds like something I'd like. Whittaker is my favorite of that trio.

I've never heard of the director of Arrival, Denis Villeneuve. Just read that he's directing the Blade Runner sequel too. That's out next year.

He directed Prisoners and Sicario.

In the last few days...

Green_Room_%28film%29_POSTER.jpg The_Neon_Demon.png The_Brothers_Grimsby_poster.png Sausage_Party.png Zootopia.jpg

Really liked Green Room, The Neon Demon was just okay, The Brothers Grimsby is the funniest shit I've seen in awhile, Sausage Party was stupid as f**k, but pretty funny, and I absolutely loved Zootopia.

Edited by Stormtron
  • Like 2

Blue Ruin. A revenge thriller from a few years ago that was funded through Kickstarter. Sporadic use of dialogue in parts...which work well for this movie. Better than most big budget Hollywood thrillers. Grade: B-

Good movie, but it tripped me out. There was a scene where he pulls up to a bar and I was like "holy shit, wait a minute!" and backed it up...sure enough it was a bar right down the road from my house. I joked with my Grandma who's always going shopping in that area, that you could see her minivan driving by in the background.

• Like 1

Blue Ruin. A revenge thriller from a few years ago that was funded through Kickstarter. Sporadic use of dialogue in parts...which work well for this movie. Better than most big budget Hollywood thrillers. Grade: B-

Good movie, but it tripped me out. There was a scene where he pulls up to a bar and I was like "holy shit, wait a minute!" and backed it up...sure enough it was a bar right down the road from my house. I joked with my Grandma who's always going shopping in that area, that you could see her minivan driving by in the background.

Cool !

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince (8/10)

This film takes a few liberties with the novel that I don't really like,,and the ending isn't as powerful as it should be. But overall I love this film and it just adds to me belief that the final four films came close to perfecting the world of Hogwarts onscreen. Not to slate the first four, but I still think they suffer too much from not quite meshing as a franchise. Again, a lot of this might also be because the last four films were directed by the same man.

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/FCxUNvC.jpg

Watched this on Sunday after it being recommended to me by a friend who is a massive Oasis fan

Bummed out that it came was a one night event instead of a real release. Love their 1st 2 albums.

Yea, I didn't know about it until my friend told me. They saw it on opening week. I managed to find it Itunes for $14.99 not bad considering movie ticket prices are pretty steep now a days! :) Edited by KW84

John Carter. Fun action yarn. Pretty mindless entertainment but enjoyable.

I really enjoyed this film. It aimed to be an old fashioned crowd pleaser, and I enjoyed it just for being that!

Really good fun.

• Like 2

The Impossible.

Very good disaster movie/drama based on the '04 Indian Ocean tsunami. Starring Naomi Watts (excellent stuff...she lost the Academy Award that year to Jennifer Lawrence?!!! Now THAT'S impossible.), Ewan McGregor (reliable as usual), and a very young Tom Holland (good). Mrs. B needed a whole mess of tissues to wipe her tears before finishing this. Worth watching.

Grade: B+

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

The Impossible.

Very good disaster movie/drama based on the '04 Indian Ocean tsunami. Starring Naomi Watts (excellent stuff...she lost the Academy Award that year to Jennifer Lawrence?!!! Now THAT'S impossible.), Ewan McGregor (reliable as usual), and a very young Tom Holland (good). Mrs. B needed a whole mess of tissues to wipe her tears before finishing this. Worth watching.

Even though I wanted Chastain to win for ZD30, you're right. Watts has been one of my favorite actresses for years.

Good call on TFA as well. It's like a washed up band that made their best album in years or an actor with their best in years. Think Permanent Vacation by Aerosmith or Rourke and Travolta in Wrestler and Pulp Fiction.

• Like 1

The Impossible.

Jennifer Lawrence was breathtaking in Silver Linings Playbook. Honestly her role hit close to home for me and I've never seen that mental condition portrayed so authentically.

Now don't get me wrong she isn't a flawless actress but if David O'Russel is directing, her performance is golden.

But Naomi could easily have won.