last movie you watched

sonicjams

Ghostbusters_2016_film_poster.png

Nostalgia Critic hit the nail on the head about that. It's not a great movie but not a catastrophe people say it is. It's better than the ridiculously dated 2nd one.

I didn´t like the remake, to be honest. And GB II sucks too...

I saw two. A River Runs Through It and The Terminal. The Terminal was entertaining but the other movie was a bit boring.

I have both on DVD.

Never actually seen River but I enjoyed The Terminal. A weird Spielberg film.

• Like 1

I saw two. A River Runs Through It and The Terminal. The Terminal was entertaining but the other movie was a bit boring.

I have both on DVD.

Yeah I agree. It was a bit weird. Almost creepy in a sense.

I have both on DVD.

Yeah I thought this. I actually find all of Spielberg's movies around this time a blend of really interesting and...a bit off.

Catch Me If You Can is another film I think is really good with a lot of curious weird moments that don't quite work.

I have both on DVD.

Yeah I thought this. I actually find all of Spielberg's movies around this time a blend of really interesting and...a bit off.

Catch Me If You Can is another film I think is really good with a lot of curious weird moments that don't quite work.

I think he's been drinking the Tim Burton Kool-Aid. ;)

I have both on DVD.

I think he's been drinking the Tim Burton Kool-Aid. ;)

You know...I'd sort of like to see a collaboration between these two...it would be really intriguing...both are frequently a tad too sentimental and I'd be curious.

I imagine it could be a mess but I'd be up for it!

• Like 1

I have both on DVD.

I love that movie but I did not like Hanks' Bahstahn accent at all.

• Like 1

I saw the first half of it on Crackle a year ago. It's on Starz now so I could finish it soon.

Had no idea a young Joseph Gordon Levitt was in this. He's the same age as me too.

• Like 2

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (9/10)

My favourite HP novel made an excellent adaptation. I still wish David Yates had directed all these films.

I am in the minority, as I still don't like Prisoner Of Azkaban all that much.

Coogan's Bluff.

Interesting to watch Clint at a time of the post-Dollars trilogy but pre-Dirty Harry. You could tell that he was evolving into Dirty Harry with this role. It's a little uneven in parts but it was kind of cool to see how the drug/club scene was depicted. Besides, a close up of Clint punching some guy in the face repeatedly is never bad...especially when one of those scenes was Clint knocking out Charlie's Angels' David "Bosley" Doyle atop a pool table. :LOL:

Nebraska

Comedy/drama with plenty of moments for each genre. Bruce Dern does a subtle yet perfect job here. June Squibb has some quality scenes too. It kind of reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine (an A+ imho), just more somber...but it's not a totally depressing film by any means. Not great but good enough.

Grade: B

Arrival

This is what Interstellar should have been. Great score as well. Saw it at a theater that included new reclining seats which was nice.

Now I greatly enjoyed Interstellar but I have even higher hopes for this one!

I adore Amy Adams anyway.

Arrival

This is what Interstellar should have been. Great score as well. Saw it at a theater that included new reclining seats which was nice.

I just read a little plot synopsis and it sounds like something I'd like. Whittaker is my favorite of that trio.

I've never heard of the director of Arrival, Denis Villeneuve. Just read that he's directing the Blade Runner sequel too. That's out next year.

Arrival

I just read a little plot synopsis and it sounds like something I'd like. Whittaker is my favorite of that trio.

I've never heard of the director of Arrival, Denis Villeneuve. Just read that he's directing the Blade Runner sequel too. That's out next year.

I'm curious about that sequel. I actually welcome the idea of continuing that concept. Based on reviews for this film, I suspect the right choice was made. I just hope the film itself is deserving of the original.

Blade Runner is one of my favourite science fiction movies.

He's the director of Prisoners and Sicario

Edited by Segue Myles

Arrival

I'm curious about that sequel. I actually welcome the idea of continuing that concept. Based on reviews for this film, I suspect the right choice was made. I just hope the film itself is deserving of the original.

Yeah, I never saw those two.

Top 4 billed actors for the Blade Runner sequel are: Ford, Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, and Dave Bautista <----because you got to have a big bad bruiser replicant yeah? I also saw that your boy Jared Leto's in it too. And I'm a little surprised that Edward James Olmos is NOT in it.

Arrival

Yeah, I never saw those two.

Top 4 billed actors for the Blade Runner sequel are: Ford, Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, and Dave Bautista <----because you got to have a big bad bruiser replicant yeah? I also saw that your boy Jared Leto's in it too. And I'm a little surprised that Edward James Olmos is NOT in it.

Hopefully Jared is on top form.

The cast seems good...hard to imagine this working tbh but I will wait and see haha

Arrival

I just saw this last night as well. I would classify the score as good, odd sounding, but good and very appropriate for the movie.

In some ways I found it to be a very unusual movie. It not a typical (IMO) "Arrival" movie. Don't want to say more for fear of giving away to much. I found it to be well acted, filmed, written & directed. Good & worth seeing. May not see it again however - not that good.