last movie you watched

sonicjams

I was going to see The Theory of Everything but we got to the theater only to find out it wasn't playing there (the website I checked lied!!). So my family and I saw Big Eyes instead, it was pretty good.

http://movies.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Big-Eyes-movie-poster1.jpg

• Like 2

http://www.moviexclusive.com/review/Bewitched/poster.jpg

Actually wasn't that bad. It wasn't a rehash of the tv show, which I was expecting.

Basically Dumb and Dumber about ladies, but the characters are actually kind of believable. The two leads have moments of great subtlety and elevate the material. This film is way better than I remember, and probably better than it has the right to be. I don't think I've ever heard someone say something bad about it. The denouements and all of the 3rd act is a little slight; I think that's why they padded the running time with the huge dream sequence. Happy to have seen this one again, and had many laughs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/Romy_and_michele_s_high_school_reunion.jpg

• Like 2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Wicker-man-poster.jpg

You gotta see this on Rifftrax to appreciate how hilariously awful this movie is and how unintentionally funny it is.

"Step away from the bike!" :rfl:

Actually I think this could have been a good movie if it wasn´t for such a poor performance by Nic Cage...the photography is great, the story still holds up, but he pretty much ruins everything with the over-the-top delivey. "Howd´it get burn...howd´it get burn!?!!?"

NOT THE BEES! YOU BITCHES! KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEY! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I was going to see The Theory of Everything but we got to the theater only to find out it wasn't playing there (the website I checked lied!!). So my family and I saw Big Eyes instead, it was pretty good.

http://movies.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Big-Eyes-movie-poster1.jpg

I saw the preview the other day, and it seems like something my wife will enjoy. I´ll check it out soon!

Fanny & Alexander -

Ingmar Bergman (1982)

I've seen this film a few times before, originally in its 3-hr theatrical version, but a repeated times since in the superior-in-every-way 5-hr television version. An epic miniseries, shot with ultimate craft by the legendary Bergman, it never ceases to amaze me. Watching the whole film over one day (with meals between episodes) or over a weekend is a holiday tradition for many film fans across the globe.

It would seem like one of the greatest literary adaptations of all time, were it not for the fact that the script (though divinely inspired by the works of Hoffmann and Dickens) is an entirely original creation, and a perfect summation (and, as originally conceived, a final statement) of the great master's career.

Chilling, beautiful, nostalgic, funny, real, and magical all at once, there is almost nothing that doesn't happen in this film where "Everything can happen [and] everything is possible and probable." One of the greatest works of art in the history of humanity.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/criterion-production/product_images/520-9f0dc45a0aa0270d7127c942ac2980ef/Film_261w_FannyAlex_original.jpg

Edited by MrMiltonBanana
  • Like 1

Schindler's List.

I had forgot what harrowing character Ralph Fiennes plays.

My all time favourite movie.

Cannot tell you just how much i love this film, which came out the same year as Spielberg's popcorn blockbuster, Jurassic Park! I don't have a clue how he did it, but he had a fantastic year!

But Schindler's List, I have read criticism about it, but I don't care. This is just beyond words, a movie masterpiece.

And my favourite use of black and white photography.

Schindler's List.

Cannot tell you just how much i love this film, which came out the same year as Spielberg's popcorn blockbuster, Jurassic Park! I don't have a clue how he did it, but he had a fantastic year!

But Schindler's List, I have read criticism about it, but I don't care. This is just beyond words, a movie masterpiece.

And interesting use of composition not to forget.

Schindler's List.

And interesting use of composition not to forget.

The red dress? The cells were hand painted!

If I remember correctly...

http://www.twulasso.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/GoneGirl.jpg

6/10

Not a huge fan of the "ending", it went on for needlessly long and seemed like it could have ended at any point during the final 10-20 minutes... Not much was solved during this time, if anything, it was just a creation of a new arc only to try its best to leave the audience off with an open ending.

The exposition was during a couple parts in particular: painful. It gave the impression of a romance film. It was necessary for the story, yes, but bullshit lines like "everything was so good, we were meant for each other... It was amazing. our marriage was different" could be toned down just a bit... The dialogue during the earlier scenes, I also noticed, were airtight. No pauses between the conversations, someone always had to be speaking wherever there was a second to fill, felt very unnatural.

The middle of the movie, sandwiched by these two strangely different chunks, was where the real good movie was. I liked this story's message, although most will say "it's just a movie", framing is something that actually happens, and the idiocy of the public regarding these mainstream crimes and controversies is strongly molded by the media rather than research. People will analyze something as simple as a smile and mend the context to suggest it means one will lack empathy for example, or that the smiler is happy about whatever the hell the commentator can convince you of :) These sort of stories are given an overabundant amount of attention for no purpose other than to act as a distraction. There were a few twists and there was an ongoing battle of wits between the two key characters throughout. Entertaining and at times the suspense was effective.

One last important critique: the text indicating elapsed time... This happened throughout the movie... Why? For a majority of the scenes, this information wasn't important. Even if it were, good film makers can show the audience that time has passed through context in conversation, location, emotional shifts in characters, etc (even if it is just one or seven days)... Anyone can just straight out tell you how much time has passed. This movie's time transitions were especially bad though, because instead of "three days later" or simply "date", a generic indicator, It would say "10 hours... gone" or "month, xx... four days... gone" as if to remind you each time, "Hey everyone! The title of this flick is Gone Girl! And you're watching it!"

...Please don't do that

• Like 2

Pitch Black

Hadn't seen this in years. Even better than I remembered!

Pitch Black

Hadn't seen this in years. Even better than I remembered!

I need to watch this.

It is like a really good old-fashioned B-movie, almost as great as the first Alien film and as action packed as the second!

Pitch Black looks goofy and I'm not trusting it based on its ratings :LOL:

I am in the mood for watching something adventurous and unknown to me, on the other hand...

Its a fun action movie!

But i like adventurous...