last movie you watched

sonicjams

F*ck, I'm spoilt for choice, 'cause I got a Sir Alfred H. Box for Christmas. :)

I started with Psycho and now 14 gems to choose from. Frenzy, Birds, Vertigo...

Hell, what a good filmmaker he was.

I'm gonna go on a Hitchcock run in a few weeks.

:hail:

I've got Strangers on a Train waiting on DVR, and North by Northwest,

It's gonna be Hitchcocksvllle around here. :smoke:

• Like 1

Marnie

Torn Curtain

Marnie is one of the most underrated Hitchcock films and I think it's the last of his with a really classic feel and it's probably the last really good one. After this his films seemed out of place, and lacked a certain magic. I do like Frenzy but it doesn't really seem like a proper Hitchcock film, maybe partly because he was't on set for some of the filming. The fight in Torn Curtain I always find hard to watch. Marnie and the Birds scared me when I was a little kid.

• Like 1

Marnie

Torn Curtain

Marnie is one of the most underrated Hitchcock films and I think it's the last of his with a really classic feel and it's probably the last really good one. After this his films seemed out of place, and lacked a certain magic. I do like Frenzy but it doesn't really seem like a proper Hitchcock film, maybe partly because he was't on set for some of the filming. The fight in Torn Curtain I always find hard to watch. Marnie and the Birds scared me when I was a little kid.

You nail it here. The fight in Torn Curtain is one of the worst scenes I've seen in a Hitchcock film. Ridiculous.

I always loved Frenzy, but I haven't seen it in ages. Maybe that's the next one I'm going to watch.

By the way, Kidnapped and Catriona are my favourite RLS books. :cheers:

Marnie

Torn Curtain

You nail it here. The fight in Torn Curtain is one of the worst scenes I've seen in a Hitchcock film. Ridiculous.

I always loved Frenzy, but I haven't seen it in ages. Maybe that's the next one I'm going to watch.

By the way, Kidnapped and Catriona are my favourite RLS books. :cheers:

Kidnapped and Catriona is a great story.

Frenzy is pretty good with a charismatic killer and some interesting sequences. Michael Caine was first choice for the part but he turned it down because he didn't want to play a character as depraved as that.

• Like 1

Just finished Vertigo. Great film with a lot of atmosphere. I love the scene that Terry Gilliam used for 12 Monkeys.
  • Like 1

Topaz

Shadow Of A Doubt

The Hitchcock box is unbelievable. Fantastic films and the bonus stuff is very informative and entertaining too.

• Like 2