last movie you watched

sonicjams

This one, on the other hand, was freakin´ awesome!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/75/Movie_Poster_of_%22Beware_Of_Mr._Baker%22.jpg/406px-Movie_Poster_of_%22Beware_Of_Mr._Baker%22.jpg

While not watching 24, I saw Terminator 2 for the first time today with my friend. Twas good!

Wow, for only the first time? :) Gotta love a ripped Linda Hamilton.

For some reason, I never got around to watching the terminator films...I was very impressed but I have yet to see the first film, so I got a tad confused!

Um...I didn't find her attractive, she was more buff than me...though to be fair most girls are!

When I have finished season 2 of 24 I must try and watch Hero!

Why do people watch stuff like the human centipede? We lock up people sick enough to actually do these things so why would anyone then want to be entertained by watching actors simulate such horrific, disgusting crimes against other people in the form of "entertainment"? Are we any better than the Roman citizens who delighted in watching the massacre of men in the arena, in the disguise of "sport"?

There is horror like Funny Games, which has a point to make (and which deliberately makes the violence unnerving) or there is stuff like this, which makes any good person feel violated for watching it. I remember watching Hostel 2, and it was not only the violence which revolted me, but the entire concept which was lavishly celebrating sick torture in a beautifully shot and produced piece of evil. It wasn't so much polishing a turd, as much as glorifying the sort of wickedness best exemplified by Manson.

The Human Centipede, I am glad it revolted you, what made you watch it?

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Curiosity I suppose...I like horror movies, and thought it would be fun to watch. The first one was just as bad, and I don't know what drove me to watch the sequel.

The Ginger Baker movie was awesome though...Neil and Stewart Copeland appear in it. I strongly recommend that one!

Curiosity I suppose...I like horror movies, and thought it would be fun to watch. The first one was just as bad, and I don't know what drove me to watch the sequel.

The Ginger Baker movie was awesome though...Neil and Stewart Copeland appear in it. I strongly recommend that one!

I guess I am the same, curiosity led me to watch some horrific stuff in the past. But sometimes I question how certain films get past the sensors, and now I try and boycott anything obscene (especially if it lacks any moral awareness). And I am NOT someone with a nervous disposition. O well, each to their own...I just get so wound up sometimes by how sick this worlds entertainment gets.

Why do people watch stuff like the human centipede? We lock up people sick enough to actually do these things so why would anyone then want to be entertained by watching actors simulate such horrific, disgusting crimes against other people in the form of "entertainment"? Are we any better than the Roman citizens who delighted in watching the massacre of men in the arena, in the disguise of "sport"?

There is horror like Funny Games, which has a point to make (and which deliberately makes the violence unnerving) or there is stuff like this, which makes any good person feel violated for watching it. I remember watching Hostel 2, and it was not only the violence which revolted me, but the entire concept which was lavishly celebrating sick torture in a beautifully shot and produced piece of evil. It wasn't so much polishing a turd, as much as glorifying the sort of wickedness best exemplified by Manson.

The Human Centipede, I am glad it revolted you, what made you watch it?

I've not watched the first nor the second Human Centipede: the thought of someone stitching someone else's mouth to other people butts or entrails or gastric bits and pieces horrify me and make me feel sick. Out of curiosity, though, I did clap eyes on one YouTube clip and I nearly barfed. Never again.

While not watching 24, I saw Terminator 2 for the first time today with my friend. Twas good!

Wow, for only the first time? :) Gotta love a ripped Linda Hamilton.

For some reason, I never got around to watching the terminator films...I was very impressed but I have yet to see the first film, so I got a tad confused!

Well yeah, you kind of need to see them in order.

I know, lol! But for some reason my friend only had the second one, and it was either that or Hidalgo. His pick...

Hidalgo? I know, me neither...

I know, lol! But for some reason my friend only had the second one, and it was either that or Hidalgo. His pick...

Hidalgo? I know, me neither...

That's actually a good movie. I was surprised.

Is it? Ok I will give it a try...but it wasn't the sort of film we were in the mood for!

Do not know if documentary films count, but the last I saw was Germania: The Battle Against Rome. It is about how the German tribes around 9 A.D. were the first to defeat the otherwise mighty Romans, who were both superior in manpower but also war power, by luring them into Teutoburger Forest and ambushing them.

I can highly recommend it. The story is really great and lends itself to made into a movie. If you like Braveheart then I think this story will be even better.

I'm gonna make an effort to see Hero today. I keep putting it off!
  • Like 1

I tried watching A Scanner Darkly. Got through about 20 minutes of it but it couldn't keep my interest. The animation kept giving me a headache.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring- extended edition, disc 1

The second time I am tackling these lknger cuts. I thought the theatrical versions were missing something. They were average.

I was right! These longer cuts are masterpieces! They are so involving, gripping and action packed!

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring- extended edition, disc 1

The second time I am tackling these lknger cuts. I thought the theatrical versions were missing something. They were average.

I was right! These longer cuts are masterpieces! They are so involving, gripping and action packed!

Well the extended versions are what was in the books but edited out for time. It helped to be familiar with the books to kind of mentally fill in the gaps in the theatrical releases.

It's too bad Peter Jackson had to screw up The Hobbit since he did so well on LOTR's.

• Like 1