last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Aviator

I think it was the most beautiful experience I have ever had watching a film, and feeling thoroughly bored. Wonderful looking movie, grand performances, but despite so much spectacle and wonder, I was not particularly entertained. I think the screenplay needed another edit, and DiCaprio looked like a ten year old...when he and Cate Blanchett were courting my sister thought it looked like he was kissing his mother. He was miscast, but did a decent job considering.

Gwen Stefani had a cameo. I love that woman! I am a BIG No Doubt fan..

Her (2013). Overrated, and unbearable from a technological standpoint...

7/10 though, worth a watch and yeah, you'll probably find it great. The only problem I would imagine the average person would have with it is that there's two phone sex scenes which are awkward to sit through.

And the quickest 3 hour film of all time, it never seems that long.

In my case, the movie would be Heat back when DeNiro and Pacino still had consistently good movies in them.

12 Years A Slave - Get the kleenex ready for beating and hanging scenes. Chiwetel has been one of my favorite actors for years. Nice to see him get an Oscar nod finally.

Beginning of the End (MST3K) - "I'm Peter Graves!" :LOL:

The Aviator

I think it was the most beautiful experience I have ever had watching a film, and feeling thoroughly bored. Wonderful looking movie, grand performances, but despite so much spectacle and wonder, I was not particularly entertained. I think the screenplay needed another edit, and DiCaprio looked like a ten year old...when he and Cate Blanchett were courting my sister thought it looked like he was kissing his mother. He was miscast, but did a decent job considering.

I had the same feeling when i watched it years ago...it`s at least 40 minutes too long, and DiCaprio is not convincing in the role of Howard Hughes...

The Aviator

I had the same feeling when i watched it years ago...it`s at least 40 minutes too long, and DiCaprio is not convincing in the role of Howard Hughes...

He could never be convincing as Howard Hughes but because he's Scorsese's blue eyed boy he could be cast as Old Mother Hubbard, Hiawatha and King Kong's sperm bubble in the same picture and everyone would be expected to kiss his ring!

I did think DiCaprio was brilliant in Shutter Island. I was watching The Aviator the whole time feeling that this was the test run for a better Scorsese picture.

I did think DiCaprio was brilliant in Shutter Island. I was watching The Aviator the whole time feeling that this was the test run for a better Scorsese picture.

Have you watched Hero yet? I re-watched that a couple of nights ago. Very beautiful film.

About to take on the latest Cruise flick...Oblivion. Wish me luck.

1st 2/3's are good but it falls apart in the last 1/3 of the movie.

That seems to be the formula with movies these days. Great set-up, this one. I really liked the technology ideas.

Have you watched Hero yet? I re-watched that a couple of nights ago. Very beautiful film.

I tried but for some reason I couldn't get into it. I don't think I was in the mood, and I was watching it with someone who thinks anything "foreign" is ripe for insulting!

Will let you know what I think, the use of colour already took me aback. It is beautiful to watch! I think I got about 30 minutes in...

Speaking of Leo, I think Wolf Of Wall Street is his best Scorsese helmed performance to date.

Inside Llewyn Davis

My favorite living directors made another classic and shame on the Academy for snubbing Oscar Isaac for his great breakthrough performance as well as snubbing it in the song category.

I tried but for some reason I couldn't get into it. I don't think I was in the mood, and I was watching it with someone who thinks anything "foreign" is ripe for insulting!

Will let you know what I think, the use of colour already took me aback. It is beautiful to watch! I think I got about 30 minutes in...

Oh that's no fun. Watch it by yourself. You need to be able to immerse yourself into it. :)

Nebraska and Bruce...you sure this isn't an adaptation of a Springsteen classic?

Just joshing...I have heard of it. Might check it out!

Ok...so last film I watched...

Hitch

I love this Will Smith romantic comedy. It is perfection! Every time I see it it gets better and better! Eva Mendes is gorgeous, charismatic and charming all at once and the script is to die for.

Had a great time watching it again!

• Like 1

Nebraska and Bruce...you sure this isn't an adaptation of a Springsteen classic?

Just joshing...I have heard of it. Might check it out!

Well, there's certainly a kind of connection, even if I have always had a very hard time "getting" Bruce...

Internship, with Vince Vaughn and the guy with the weird nose. It was better than I expected. Plenty of old-guy-trying-to-adapt-to-the-tech-world jokes, and just plain nerd jokes. The Google campus looks like a cool place.

National Lampoon's Vacation. Used to see it with my family as a kid and to this day it still holds. I actually like the picture quality of films from the 80s and 90s over this over sharpened giga-ultra-HD.

http://ken-cdn220-is-3.se.bpimagedownload.ngcdn.telstra.com/drm5/OnlineMoviesSlicks/DWS/28/783/national-lampoons-vacation-1024x576.jpg

And The Hunt For Red October. I am a submarine nerd.

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Hunt-for-Red.png

• Like 3