last movie you watched

sonicjams

Death Wish 4.

A decent entry in the series, certainly a more coherent film than the previous one, completely far-fetched of course but just not quite as ridiculous.

Bronson is obviously the lynch-pin of this series, in fact he IS the series, but my problem with him is that by now he's too old and slow and chubby to be convincing in the action sequences, plus everything is all a little stilted, dialogue, acting. The biggest problem with the Kersey character all the way along though is how wooden he is in the family sequences, like Bronson is sleepwalking through those parts to get to the action. Also the detached way he reacts when his women die, 1 in each film, he's just too casual and shows no emotion whatsoever in the aftermath. If all this had happened to an actual person, by this stage they'd not be able to function at all, they'd be in the funny farm, not wiping out the mob single-handedly.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 11 2012, 10:20 AM)
A decent entry in the series, certainly a more coherent film than the previous one, completely far-fetched of course but just not quite as ridiculous.

Death Wish 3 - In a nutshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNrj4wPD0I

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 12 2012, 12:16 PM)

Death Wish 3 is the funniest film I've seen in a while...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2012, 06:22 PM)

laugh.gif

Agreed. It's hilarious.

"It's my car!" confused13.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0023.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 12 2012, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2012, 06:22 PM)

laugh.gif

Agreed. It's hilarious.

"It's my car!" confused13.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0023.gif

The way guys kept flying off rooftops from a shot fired about a mile away cracked me up...

That bad guy at the end of that youtube sequence..."Bulletproof, asshole!" and Chuck blows him and half the building away with a rocket launcher! laugh.gif

Another Chuck Bronson film...

"From Noon Till Three" an offbeat western comedy, in which Chuck doesn't play the usual tough guy character. It's a little bit different. Pretty good too.

Jill Ireland is in it too, of course. She's been in almost as many Bronson films as Bronson!!

Angels with Dirty Faces, awesome Cagney movie.

Hey! Whaddaya hear, Whaddaya say?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2012, 05:32 PM)

"From Noon Till Three" an offbeat western comedy, in which Chuck doesn't play the usual tough guy character. It's a little bit different. Pretty good too.

Jill Ireland is in it too, of course. She's been in almost as many Bronson films as Bronson!!

Jill Ireland is to Charles Broson as Sondra Locke is to Clint.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 13 2012, 01:07 PM)

Jill Ireland did well to survive an entire movie as Paul Kersey's girlfriend, without getting raped, murdered or both.

Must be a record.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 13 2012, 07:07 AM)

Aye...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 13 2012, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 13 2012, 01:07 PM)

Jill Ireland did well to survive an entire movie as Paul Kersey's girlfriend, without getting raped, murdered or both.

Must be a record.

The maid got it instead!

wacko.gif

Funnily enough the actress who played the maid died this year in January...

QUOTE (KW84 @ Jul 13 2012, 08:37 PM)
Young Adult and a movie with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder that I have never seen
called Another You.

What did you think of Young Adult. Charlize Theron does a good job, but thought it was flat overall