People Who Talk in Libraries

Mr. Not

Hey, it could be worse, you could share a library with Stanley Pringle...

Penn State Police confirmed today that they have filed charges against Nittany Lions basketball player Stanley Pringle in an incident involving public masturbation that occurred last Thursday in Pattee Library.

Police said Pringle, the team's point guard, sat behind the victim in the stacks section of the library, attempted to start a conversation with the woman and began masturbating. Police have filed charges of public lewdness and disorderly conduct against him in connection to the incident, but Centre County District Judge Jonathan Grine, who is out of the office, was unable to sign the criminal complaint as of 2 p.m. today. Without the signed complaint, Pringle cannot be formally arrested.

Sports Information Director Brian Siegrist confirmed that charges were filed against Pringle yesterday, but denied Pringle's involvement in the masturbation incident. Siegrist said Pringle's status with the basketball team remains unchanged.

A similar incident occurred on March 21 on the second-floor landing of McElwain Hall's main stairwell between 8 and 8:15 p.m, when police said a man entered the building behind the woman and followed her to the stairwell landing where he began to masturbate. A similar description of the man was given in both incidents, police said. No charges have been filed for the McElwain Hall incident.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2008/..._be_charge.aspx

What is it about Penn State, anyway? confused13.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2011, 09:52 PM)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

....quiet, please. I'm trying to read a "Twilight" novel.

I didn't know you were into out of print teen horror books.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Deadly_Sleep_-_smaller.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:52 PM)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

....quiet, please. I'm trying to read a "Twilight" novel.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

ANYTHING TO SAVE YOU FROM THE HORROR!!!

I just think all the teen moms in this town need to leave their babies with someone or not go to the freakin library. If you come to the library for peace and quiet study time, don't bring the source of your noise with you! Duh!

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 4 2011, 11:55 AM)
what is this, f***ing elementary school?  I'll talk at a reasonable volume in the library if i damn well feel like it.  People checking out books need to talk, library staff need to talk, groups working on research projects (especially in college campus libraries) need to talk.  Unless they're screaming their heads off, deal with it, and if it seriously bothers you that much, buy a pair of damn earplugs.

I also like how hatred for rap got dragged into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with rap (or music of any kind).  Maturity at its peak.

Yes. And you're very calm, collected, and mature. sarcasm.gif

It isn't elementary school - so don't meet up with your buds to talk about COD, facebook shenanigans, and how much school sucks when (here, usually about half of) people are studying. I made this thread out of annoyance of these folks, but people assume things indeed... (refer to witch hunt quote in sig, and my av too eh?)

Sounds like you talk with the time and place in mind, so for that much you deserve a kiss on the cheek.

I only go to the Library on Saturdays or late night on weekdays now.

During those few hours it's very nice and filled with the few people who are learning all they can from their college experience.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 9 2011, 10:02 AM)
People Need to talk once in a while .

Funny you say that, cause looking at all these people on their cell phones, everywhere, my thought was maybe everyone should shut the f**k up for a while...

goodpost.gif

If people truly lose track of what they are reading because someone is talking , that persons attention span is Zero imo

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 13 2012, 12:08 PM)
If people truly lose track of what they are reading because someone is talking , that persons attention span is Zero    imo

I think it is more on the lines of how libraries expect one to behave from it's past image. I could never go to one these day's along with movie theaters. I talk too much. tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 13 2012, 05:28 PM)
I thought the thread title was "people who f**k in libraries" at first glance...  ohmy.gif

I should put that on my "to do" list for tomorrow...

1. laundry

2. vacuum the living room

3. grocery shopping

4. f**k in the library

5. gym

common001.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 13 2012, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 9 2011, 10:02 AM)
People Need to talk once in a while .

Funny you say that, cause looking at all these people on their cell phones, everywhere, my thought was maybe everyone should shut the f**k up for a while...

goodpost.gif

x2