Rush At Yankee Stadium?

Serviette Onion

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 17 2011, 07:35 PM)
I doubt they would sell enough tickets to justify a stadium show.

I agree. While Rush doesn't play in little pubs and such as some of the once famous bands from the 70s and 80s, I doubt Rush could sell that many tickets. Rush is somewhere in between that around 10,000 or so crowds, which is amazing given how long they have been around for.

I doubt if it'll happen...it's possible..but, I don't think so.

VERY few band's can play huge stadium's now-a-days.

Clapton,The Stones,McCartney, and Floyd, are probably

the only ones who could pull it off now,Imo.

I think that Rush could come damn close to selling out New Yankee Stadium.

Hell I would fukking fly there for that show and I hate the Yankees!!!

If the boys can sell out two shows at Red Rocks, I am sure they could take care of business in New York.

Forget about the "Clockwork Angels" Tour being there.

Just wait until Rush does the ultimate KISS move and announce their A FAREWELL TO KINGS 2015 TOUR!!

The Final TOUR!!!

Forget Radio City Music Hall, Yankee Stadium will be packed for that last gig.

Then the band will head up north and perform their last show ever at the Rogers Centre.

Geddy will get to play his last Rush gig where the Blue Jays play.

Wendy and I will be there for that one too.

After the show of a lifetime we will meet many of you at The Orbit Room.

Been there and done that before on R30. One of the greatest times we have ever had!

RUSH ON FOREVER!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Oct 17 2011, 09:37 PM)
U2 are the most over-rated band in the history of rock. I even like them but I still think that's a fact.

Agreed.

And as far as a Rush stadium show goes, as cool as it would be, I doubt they could sell out a stadium. It would have to be a one off show of some sort, not part of a tour. Even that probably couldn't do it. But I think an arena is big enough.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 17 2011, 11:14 PM)
There are only a handful of bands that could successfully play stadiums and sell enough tickets.  A Pink Floyd reunion would do it...the Rolling Stones...U2...ummmm...can anyone else think of anyone?

Bon Jovi and Bruce, Metallica and AC/DC. Rush would Never sell that many tickets

Edited by metaldad

Couldn't see this happening. An outdoor venue like Red Rocks is perfect for them at this point. It's not like they're Pink Floyd or The Rolling Stones. Though I would love to see them do a stadium show (outside of Brazil), I don't think we'll see it happen.

QUOTE (RushIslander @ Oct 18 2011, 07:33 PM)
They had no problem selling out MSG this past April, and the house went NUTS!

If Clockwork Angels ROCKS, and perhaps with a few classic nuggets in the set list, Rush can easily fill Yankee Stadium IMO.

yes.gif

I seriously doubt it. Madison Square Garden probably seats less than 20,000 for a concert. Yankee Stadium probably seats over 40,000 for a concert. I love Rush, but the demand ain't there.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 18 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (RushIslander @ Oct 18 2011, 07:33 PM)
They had no problem selling out MSG this past April, and the house went NUTS!

If Clockwork Angels ROCKS, and perhaps with a few classic nuggets in the set list, Rush can easily fill Yankee Stadium IMO.

yes.gif

I seriously doubt it. Madison Square Garden probably seats less than 20,000 for a concert. Yankee Stadium probably seats over 40,000 for a concert. I love Rush, but the demand ain't there.

Yeah, but remember the Tri~State area around NYC had multiple shows at Jones Beach & PNC with full houses throughout 2010~11, and STILL sold out MSG , and it was a blast!

If CA ROCKS, they can record their DVD at the House that Ruth built...well, the new one... wink.gif