New CA news that we kinda already knew

MCM

From RIAB this morning:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/10/16...Sector-box-sets

Rich Chycki says

... Currently, Rush, producer Nick Raskulinecz and myself are reconvening to complete the recording of Rush's next studio album Clockwork Angels. Sorry, no timeline for completion yet ...

The link takes you his blog dated October 15, 2011

http://ww2.richardchycki.com/archives/225

That's all I got - Good Morning!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 05:28 AM)
Sticking to my guess from over a year ago, spring-early summer release in time for a summer tour. Then a LONG break after that.

Obviously a tour since that's what they do now - the album is probably just an inconvenience as they've pushed the touring without a product thing to the limit. No doubt it will be a two-year tour. After that, I imagine it's quitting time.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 16 2011, 07:34 AM)
Sticking to my guess from over a year ago, spring-early summer release in time for a summer tour. Then a LONG break after that.

Obviously a tour since that's what they do now - the album is probably just an inconvenience as they've pushed the touring without a product thing to the limit. No doubt it will be a two-year tour. After that, I imagine it's quitting time.

Lol I wouldnt put my money on a two year tour. At their age? Seriously doubt it. Standard issue 6 month tour or so I think until the fall when they cant play the outdoor venues anymore.

QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 16 2011, 07:34 AM)

Lol I wouldnt put my money on a two year tour. At their age? Seriously doubt it. Standard issue 6 month tour or so I think until the fall when they cant play the outdoor venues anymore.

I would bet on a two-year tour. That's where The Big Money is. They're already pushing it to the limit given the state of Geddy's voice, and they won't be able to do this much longer. Prepare for as long a tour as they can manage, possibly even stretched out into an R40 tour if they can do something to help his voice like some kind of treatment or surgery. This will be the last album.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Oct 16 2011, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 07:28 AM)
Then a LONG break after that.

In other words...if you ever wanted to see Rush live, better do that for the next tour.....

just sayin'...

Probably a real good idea. Considering this is actually supporting a new album, this probably isnt a tour you would want to miss, especially considering it could be the last chance you ever have to see them live. It's not safe to assume they will tour again. They're all getting old, and Neil drinks and smokes. No way to know how long they will keep doing this, so yeah everyone here should go to this tour, if they can afford it of course.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Oct 16 2011, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 07:28 AM)
Then a LONG break after that.

In other words...if you ever wanted to see Rush live, better do that for the next tour.....

just sayin'...

Unfortunately, that may very well be the case. sad.gif

I'm dragging everyone i know to the Clockwork Angels tour. It will be spectacular. Hell, if the funds are there, ill road trip to a couple nearby cities and get multiple shows in.

Seeing Rush live will probably be history in five years, but the music won't be.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 17 2011, 01:09 AM)
As an 18-year-old, I'm begging you all to stop talking about the end of Rush... I don't want to imagine the rest of my life like that sad.gif

Don't listen to Goob. He's a bitter guy who thinks Rush should release albums every year, make them about subject matter that HE likes, and that the band are just money-grubbing whores. wink.gif

When I saw Rush on the Time Machine Tour out here in Concord California Geddy said on the mic that "Clockwork Angels" would get a release date in December.

My gut tells me that it will be delayed though.

They shouldn't "Rush" their next record.

I think it will be excellent and it will be METAL with lots of extended Lifeson guitar solos!!!

Alex will be "working overtime."

trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 16 2011, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 17 2011, 01:09 AM)
As an 18-year-old, I'm begging you all to stop talking about the end of Rush... I don't want to imagine the rest of my life like that sad.gif

Don't listen to Goob. He's a bitter guy who thinks Rush should release albums every year, make them about subject matter that HE likes, and that the band are just money-grubbing whores. wink.gif

And your point is...?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 17 2011, 12:09 AM)

As a 45 year old , i Beg you to be realistic wink.gif . They can't do this forever and Time does Not stand still laugh.gif . Hopefully you will have a very long and healthy life, but it will Not include Rush

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 16 2011, 08:34 AM)

yes.gif

Exactly.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 11:31 AM)

As a 45 year old , i Beg you to be realistic wink.gif . They can't do this forever and Time does Not stand still laugh.gif . Hopefully you will have a very long and healthy life, but it will Not include Rush

The Stones are like 90 and they still tour. confused13.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 17 2011, 12:24 PM)

laugh.gif Yeah but the music they play is not as taxing on old Charlie as it is on Neil. Same with Ged and Mick

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 12:37 PM)

laugh.gif Yeah but the music they play is not as taxing on old Charlie as it is on Neil. Same with Ged and Mick

That was sarcasm. The Stones should of quit touring 30 years ago. tongue.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 17 2011, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 12:37 PM)

That was sarcasm. The Stones should of quit touring 30 years ago. tongue.gif

You and Sarcasm ? Say it ain't so laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Oct 17 2011, 01:34 PM)
I'm sure Nick R. realizes this could be their last studio record. Pull out all the stops Nick!

goodpost.gif

If they haven't had a masterpiece record yet, this would definitely be the time. Or maybe surprise us all with a double-album.

2.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 12:31 PM)

I'm 14 and Rush WILL be part of my life. Just not anymore live concerts. sad.gif