New CA news that we kinda already knew

MCM

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 17 2011, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 17 2011, 12:09 AM)
As an 18-year-old, I'm begging you all to stop talking about the end of Rush... I don't want to imagine the rest of my life like that sad.gif

As a 45 year old , i Beg you to be realistic wink.gif . They can't do this forever and Time does Not stand still laugh.gif . Hopefully you will have a very long and healthy life, but it will Not include Rush

I'm 14 and Rush WILL be part of my life. Just not anymore live concerts. sad.gif

That is what i am talking about.................

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 03:32 PM)
As an 18-year-old, I'm begging you all to stop talking about the end of Rush... I don't want to imagine the rest of my life like that sad.gif

As a 45 year old , i Beg you to be realistic wink.gif . They can't do this forever and Time does Not stand still laugh.gif . Hopefully you will have a very long and healthy life, but it will Not include Rush

I'm 14 and Rush WILL be part of my life. Just not anymore live concerts. sad.gif

I know. fists crying.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 17 2011, 02:34 PM)

I know. fists crying.gif

Be thankfull you have many dvd's to watch and great albums to listen too

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 17 2011, 02:34 PM)

I know. fists crying.gif

Be thankfull you have many dvd's to watch and great albums to listen too

yes.gif 1022.gif

The fact that they're still together and touring after all these years is amazing in its own right. They deserve to retire and enjoy the rest of their lives. It will be sad, but it's probably for the best that they retire. At least I got to see them.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 17 2011, 02:08 AM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 17 2011, 01:09 AM)

Don't listen to Goob. He's a bitter guy who thinks Rush should release albums every year, make them about subject matter that HE likes, and that the band are just money-grubbing whores. wink.gif

You can't deny that in Rush's case the end doesn't seem to extend past R40. This is why I intend to get front row seating during this tour. I will pay that price and not count reasonable cost. 1287.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 07:41 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 16 2011, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Oct 16 2011, 05:28 AM)
Sticking to my guess from over a year ago, spring-early summer release in time for a summer tour. Then a LONG break after that.

Obviously a tour since that's what they do now - the album is probably just an inconvenience as they've pushed the touring without a product thing to the limit. No doubt it will be a two-year tour. After that, I imagine it's quitting time.

Lol I wouldnt put my money on a two year tour. At their age? Seriously doubt it. Standard issue 6 month tour or so I think until the fall when they cant play the outdoor venues anymore.

Kiss are older than Rush and toured over 24 months supporting Alive35 (35th anniversary) and Sonic Boom (new CD)...

QUOTE (sco703 @ Oct 17 2011, 04:26 PM)
The fact that they're still together and touring after all these years is amazing in its own right. They deserve to retire and enjoy the rest of their lives. It will be sad, but it's probably for the best that they retire. At least I got to see them.

I agree. It's been a great ride, but the band's ability to put out first rate material hasn't been there for a long time, Geddy's voice is half-shot now and he strains to sing pretty much everything.

I'll be sad the day they officially hang it up, but there's so much material and DVDs and CDs and remastered CDs and bootlegs and other cool stuff to find on Youtube that it's not like we'll ever run out of Rush to enjoy.

Personally, I was sure at the time that Vapor Trails was going to be the last studio album.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Oct 19 2011, 04:03 AM)
Kiss are older than Rush and toured over 24 months supporting Alive35 (35th anniversary) and Sonic Boom (new CD)...

Yes, but Rush actually plays their instruments.

Look. There will be more albums. I'm sure CA was going to be released last year, but there was probably an issue with the record co. hence the new record co. There will probably be 2-3 more albums after CA if they are in good health.

Q

QUOTE (quantex @ Oct 20 2011, 07:21 PM)
Look. There will be more albums. I'm sure CA was going to be released last year, but there was probably an issue with the record co. hence the new record co. There will probably be 2-3 more albums after CA if they are in good health.

Q

good luck with that. wink.gif