I Love The Smell Of.......

g under p

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 8 2011, 07:58 AM)
I love the smell of............bacon frying. bacon.gif

Best smell in the world. Combine that with having a fire in the fireplace and a pumpkin pie and some fresh bread baking in the oven... heaven.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 8 2011, 08:11 AM)
The smell of books. New books, old books, even the kind of musty-smelling books.

Same here! I frequent book stores all the time and I love that book smell. There was this awesome book store called, "Twice Sold Tales." Not only that but they took in stray kitties so there were cats and book everywhere. I loved that place. Anyway, one time I walked in and told the owner how much I loved her shop and the way it smelled. She says to me, "THAT'S BOOK ROT YOU'RE SMELLING! BOOK ROT!" Totally killed it for me.

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Oct 8 2011, 03:28 PM)
Wax crayons. It brings up childhood memories.

You know what else? Play-doh. And Silly Putty. Those smells bring back such good memories. But yeah, there was nothing better than cracking open a fresh new box of 64 crayons... *sniiiiiiiff*

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 8 2011, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Oct 8 2011, 03:28 PM)
Wax crayons.  It brings up childhood memories.

You know what else? Play-doh. And Silly Putty. Those smells bring back such good memories. But yeah, there was nothing better than cracking open a fresh new box of 64 crayons... *sniiiiiiiff*

Can't argue with that! One of my favorite smells today is office supplies. Fresh boxes of pens, pencils, erasers, paper.....mmmmm

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Oct 9 2011, 10:48 AM)
new car smell... it's one of the rewards for shelling out all that $

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

When I first arrive in Hawai'i, there is a combination of salty sea air and plumeria that's just wub.gif

A certain kind of diesel exhaust smells like Disneyland, if I smell it right after a rain or on a foggy day, it will immediately make me think of the Park.

Night blooming jasmine.

Freshly cut cucumbers smell like summer, to me.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 9 2011, 07:16 AM)

jasmine.

My second all time fave...So much so I have enclosed my backyard with chain link fence and have covered it all with Confederate Jasmine.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/067.jpg

All time fave though is orange blossoms...Similar to jasmine but much sweeter and more fragrant. There was a time where FL was once heaven with the scent of orange blossoms thickly blanketing every molecule of air...Those days are gone sadly due to land development.

Oh yeah...jet exhaust...that's a good smell too.

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 8 2011, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 8 2011, 07:58 AM)
I love the smell of............bacon frying. bacon.gif

Best smell in the world. Combine that with having a fire in the fireplace and a pumpkin pie and some fresh bread baking in the oven... heaven.

Indeed...cinnamon buns as well.

New leather, be it a jacket or car seats or a new saddle.

Somewhat related:

Mike Mullane, of the original class of shuttle astronauts, has a book called "Riding Rockets". One chapter is devoted to the PR part of the astronaut duties and how they all mostly dreaded it.

Some handled it better than others. One of the astronauts was a Marine, and when asked to give a toast at a function for a bunch of politicians and their wives, came up with this:

"Here's to gunpowder and here's to p*ssy! One I kill with, the other I'd die for, but I love the smell of both!"

Campfires. There is no sweeter smell, any time of year. Camping has never been anything but fond memories for me, even when we would get flooded out or freezing. I love it. wub.gif There's just something about being away from the city, away from the artificial lights, just hanging out with people you love and care about around a crackling fire, huddled up close to keep warm, roasting marshmallows..

See, I'm getting sentimental just thinking about it.

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 9 2011, 04:41 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 9 2011, 07:16 AM)

jasmine.

My second all time fave...So much so I have enclosed my backyard with chain link fence and have covered it all with Confederate Jasmine.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/067.jpg

All time fave though is orange blossoms...Similar to jasmine but much sweeter and more fragrant. There was a time where FL was once heaven with the scent of orange blossoms thickly blanketing every molecule of air...Those days are gone sadly due to land development.

Oh yeah...jet exhaust...that's a good smell too.

ohmy.gif

Wow! It must smell amazing! If only we had smell-o-vision......

I love orange (and lemon & lime) blossoms, too. We have one of each kind of tree in the sunroom and when they bloom -- mmmmm If we happen to be at Disneyland in the Spring, there is a small grove of orange trees over on the California Adventure side. I could sit there and inhale all day! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 10 2011, 12:26 PM)
Campfires. There is no sweeter smell, any time of year. Camping has never been anything but fond memories for me, even when we would get flooded out or freezing. I love it. wub.gif There's just something about being away from the city, away from the artificial lights, just hanging out with people you love and care about around a crackling fire, huddled up close to keep warm, roasting marshmallows..

See, I'm getting sentimental just thinking about it.

Campfires/bonfires... great smell. So relaxing and comforting. I wish someone could bottle that scent. I love that smell. It seems like we frequently have burn bans here but when we don't, there are a few small farms around us that will have bonfires. Such a wonderful smell. I remember when I was a tiny kid, we could have bonfires out in the middle of the street. It was this yearly thing to rake up all the leaves, pile them up in the street and set 'em on fire! And we could do that! I guess. I mean, I suppose. We did it anyway.