RUSH snubbed again by RNR Hall of Shame !

Oziumrules

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty clear now, they are Never getting in. The past year has been the biggest year they have had in a long time and R.S did a feature on them and still nothing. I really don't ever see them getting in now. They don't care and the fans should not care anymore. I am happy that Heart has a chance but I am sure when the final vote goes down Donna Summer will get it because after all, Nothing says Rock and Roll like Donna Summer. Edited by metaldad

Okay, I like The Cure (well, I like the songs where Smith keeps his whining to a minimum, anyway. I really like "Just Like Heaven").

But The Cure is in NO way rock, nor were they ever. I think even the band would recoil in horror at being classified as "rock".

Some irony in Jett et al getting in before Rush, given the history and rancor there.

653.gif

Further increases the lack of credibility of the RnR Hall of Lame.

I'm not surprised Rush wasn't nominated. Of the bands on the list i'd like to see GnR get in. Yes, it's sad what the band became but their impact on the music world during the late 80s and early 90s can't be ignored.

I'd like to see Heart get in to but I doubt that will happen. They'll probably pick the Beastie Boys to get inducted instead because they're so rock n roll sarcasm.gif

War, The Spinners, Rufus/Chaka Khan, Donna Summer, Freddie King, Laura Nyro, Beasties, Cure - all great choices.

Joan Jett? Really?

Donovan? gethefukouttahere.

Heart? I suppose so, at a stretch.

RHCP??? ahfortheloveofgodandallthatisgoodandproper......lamest choice of the lot.

Pretty sure having a snippet of Working Man on MNF last night is gonna help grease the wheels.

In all honesty, I don't want them to get it. More accurately, I hope they get an offer and they tell them to shove it up their ass.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 27 2011, 11:21 AM)
In all honesty, I don't want them to get it. More accurately, I hope they get an offer and they tell them to shove it up their ass.

goodpost.gif

Absolutely...I've said this before as well. I'd love to see them get nominated, and simply decline it.

I know they wouldn't do it because they are a classy group, but man...it would be fantastic to have them decline the hall. I would be proud of them personally.

They out did themselves this year, The Cure? I guess mope rock that gave birth to goth and emo is considered enduring and will stand the test of time in the eyes of Rolling Stone magazine. eyesre4.gif So shallow...

And geez they really want to make everyone believe that the disco era had substance beneath all that coke, glitter and white shoes. Rufus Chaka Khan, Donna Summer 062802puke_prv.gif It's been said so many times before but it's true, how in the hell can they call it The ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME?????????

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 27 2011, 11:03 AM)
It is pretty clear now, they are Never getting in. The past year has been the biggest year they have had in a long time and R.S did a feature on them and still nothing. I really don't ever see them getting in now. They don't care and the fans should not care anymore. I am happy that Heart has a chance but I am sure when the final vote goes down Donna Summer will get it because after all, Nothing says Rock and Roll like Donna Summer.

QFT

Really people, let's not worry about this one. RRHOF are dumbasses.

Who cares!!! That "Hall of Fame" is a complete joke. Rush have been inducted into MY Hall of Fame and that is all that counts to me. They have been marginalized their entire careers, why should now be any different.

This is to the "Hall of Fame"

moon.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2011, 12:03 PM)
This is now the official criteria for getting nominated for the RRHOF:

1. Be any rock, pop or hip hop act/producer with a minimum of two albums that sold some copies
2. Not be a prog rock band

That's it.

I'm sure there are lots of connections there - producers, promoters, someone who at one time kissed Jan Wenner's ass and told him it smelled like a fresh spring day.

If a band were accepted into the Hall and then said, "No, I'm not coming in until you put Rush in." then it might happen, but it would have to happen more than once. Even if that unlikely event ever occurred I think both the Hall of Fame and Rush would say "no go" at that point, but the Hall should be shamed into saying that they have overlooked Rush as well as several other bands that should have been there before several lame choices.

Whatever, I quit caring about the Hall of Shame a long time ago. It was never a good idea and became a joke within a few years of opening.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 27 2011, 11:03 AM)
It is pretty clear now, they are Never getting in. The past year has been the biggest year they have had in a long time and R.S did a feature on them and still nothing. I really don't ever see them getting in now. They don't care and the fans should not care anymore. I am happy that Heart has a chance but I am sure when the final vote goes down Donna Summer will get it because after all, Nothing says Rock and Roll like Donna Summer.

Well said, bro.

I'm making a vow to never reply to one of the threads ever again. I'm almost certain that someone from the RRHoF is reading them and getting way to much pleasure from pissing off Rush fans.

I think I'll let it all go and eat some bacon.gif

Edit: I just reached 500 posts and became a Prime Mover. Now that means almost nothing to me, but way more that "The Place That Will Not Be Named".

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 27 2011, 08:31 AM)
I'm making a vow to never reply to one of the threads ever again.  I'm almost certain that someone from the RRHoF is reading them and getting way to much pleasure from pissing off Rush fans. 

I think I'll let it all go and eat some  bacon.gif

Edit: I just reached 500 posts and became a Prime Mover.  Now that means almost nothing to me, but way more that "The Place That Will Not Be Named".

It's not just Rush, it's any prog group. They really hate prog. I think the only reason Genesis got there was because of the huge pop swing they took in the 80's. Honestly I don't really have a problem with any of these people getting into the RRHOF but I just don't understand the prog bias.

Edited by -Jane-

This is really getting ridiculous. There has been such an outcry the last couple years from so many people from different industries about Rush and Kiss not being in there....it's totally putting a negative light on the R and R hall of Fame and they continue to snub both.

I think at this point they are saying F.U. to everyone and will never let Rush in out of spite

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 27 2011, 08:19 AM)
War, The Spinners, Rufus/Chaka Khan, Donna Summer, Freddie King, Laura Nyro, Beasties, Cure - all great choices.

Joan Jett? Really?

Donovan? gethefukouttahere.

Heart? I suppose so, at a stretch.

RHCP??? ahfortheloveofgodandallthatisgoodandproper......lamest choice of the lot.

I actually love Donovan and think he deserves it, but that doesn't make the RRHOF nominating committee any less of a bunch of pathetic f*cking losers.

So there's a rock and roll hall of fame WITHOUT Rush, Yes, Jethro Tull, Kiss, ELP, The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Deep Purple? Are you f*cking kidding me???

Even if they do get in, there's still going to be fans bitching because it took so long. The RnR HOF will be damned if they do vote them in and damned if they don't. I honestly don't care if they get in or not, because I'm happy with what they've given to me as a fan. They've had a great career so far and have the chops to prove it day in and day out.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 12:55 PM)
So there's a rock and roll hall of fame WITHOUT Rush, Yes, Jethro Tull, Kiss, ELP, The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Deep Purple? Are you f*cking kidding me???

What would be hilarious is if someone would build "The REAL Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" just down the street to include the aformentioned groups. laugh.gif

There's obviously a bias against them for some reason. At this point I say "So what?" If they got in tomorrow would it even matter? Would it make up for being snubbed for the past 12 years?

We know that they're more worthy than many bands that are already in. I know that Rush is one the greatest rock & roll bands of all time. Many don't get it but I'm OK with that.