Halloween 2011

Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 28 2011, 09:23 PM)
So, my original outfit didn't pan out. I tried to dye a dress I had but it wouldn't take the dye. I found this amazing green silk and black velvet dress at a costume shope, then I picked up a HUGE fake diamond ring and glittery black nail polish. The dress came with a hat so I think I'm set.

"Bones," our skeleton, was going to be a nerd for halloween but he's going to wear by feather boa-rimmed witches hat and lite-up pumpkin necklace. I'm going to attach a few fakes crows around him and that's his outfit. Plus, we have a stuffed black tuxedo cat and I'll put that on Bones' lap. Bones is in charge of the cauldron of candy! Pictures will be posted...

Yes, definitely post pics!! biggrin.gif

I did my last pumpkin tonight...

user posted image

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most people are celebrating Halloween tonight (home parties and such), I thought I should post this:

http://qzabteachers.wikispaces.com/file/view/thriller_Animation.gif/80543681/thriller_Animation.gif

Enjoy your parties everyone!

Well, the party was today and it was a success! Every single person showed up and I think the kids definitely had a good time. smile.gif

I was surprised at how much candy some of the kids put away. wacko.gif

i love this holiday, and this time of year, but i'm not doing anything to celebrate it this year.

i was not invited to any parties because not many people like me, i guess. nor do i hand out candy to the kids on my block who ride their bikes in front of my house all day to torment my dogs.

i will look forward to my most favorite day of the year, Nov. 1. two reasons- 1. it's my husband's birthday. 2. all the halloween candy goes on clearance smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 29 2011, 09:17 PM)
Well, the party was today and it was a success! Every single person showed up and I think the kids definitely had a good time. smile.gif

I was surprised at how much candy some of the kids put away. wacko.gif

cheer.gif

Great! Of course, you're so good at getting things done right... I never doubted it wink.gif

Here's a Halloween scary story for you...

read by Vincent Price.

Enjoy!

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 29 2011, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 29 2011, 09:17 PM)
Well, the party was today and it was a success! Every single person showed up and I think the kids definitely had a good time.  smile.gif

I was surprised at how much candy some of the kids put away.  wacko.gif

cheer.gif

Great! Of course, you're so good at getting things done right... I never doubted it wink.gif

laugh.gif

I had out this huge cauldron that was filled with candy. I wish I had gotten a picture of the kids piled around it sifting through and picking out their favorite candies. This one little girl was looking for gum (we didn't have any) but we did have taffy which I thought would be a good substitute. She had never had taffy before. So I unwrapped a strawberry Laffy Taffy for her, had to explain what taffy was and then she was off and in love with that chewy sweet goodness. I didn't tell her mom how much taffy she ate but suffice it to say this little girl spent the two hours at our house bouncing off the walls.

Of course I had a bunch of other snacking stuff all over the kitcen but everyone (even the adults) went right for the candy. biggrin.gif

My Halloween costume...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/307099_2590653445998_1244479508_3077870_403601019_n.jpg

Nah - it's actually part of my son's costume. He's going as the little alien from Toy Story tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 30 2011, 08:12 PM)
I went to a party last night as the Rush starman... My wife wasn't happy with my choice in costume, but all the other women there loved it. Actually a little too much

facepalm.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 30 2011, 05:12 PM)
I went to a party last night as the Rush starman... My wife wasn't happy with my choice in costume, but all the other women there loved it. Actually a little too much

laugh.gif

Bones and the candy cauldron. There is not much candy left after the kids had their first go. It was filled all the way to the top AND I added another few bags of candy.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/latesun008.jpg

Halloween is tomorrow night. It won't take me long to pass out what's left!

(Bones is wearing a light up pumpkin necklace around his neck.)

Just going to be sitting on the porch handing out candy to the kids. I love this time of year, seeing all the kids have fun and dragging their parents along for the ride. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of Batmans this year. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to go through our storage unit and take out decorations. But there's always next year!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 30 2011, 08:42 PM)
Bones and the candy cauldron. There is not much candy left after the kids had their first go. It was filled all the way to the top AND I added another few bags of candy.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/latesun008.jpg

Halloween is tomorrow night. It won't take me long to pass out what's left!

(Bones is wearing a light up pumpkin necklace around his neck.)

Oh, I love Bones!!! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/happy0030.gif

I hope everyone has a great time tonight; handing out treats, taking their little ones out to gather treats, going to parties, dressing up, having fun. biggrin.gif

As I wrote before, this is a holiday in my religion; Samhain. It is the last day of the year on the old Celtic calendar. And today we remember those we have lost in the previous 12 months. If you'd like to do this, I have the list HERE.

Have a great Halloween and Happy New Year! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/k040.gif

My friend's Halloween party was a lot of fun last night. Nobody knew who/what I was (I was wearing a DS9 science uniform). Oh well, I still had a blast.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 31 2011, 11:51 AM)
My friend's Halloween party was a lot of fun last night. Nobody knew who/what I was (I was wearing a DS9 science uniform). Oh well, I still had a blast.

Aww!! That's too bad. sad.gif laugh.gif I went to one the other day and at least twenty or so people recognized my costume. This one guy in a Halo outfit (who turned out to be someone I know, haha) was more or less flirting with me the whole night.

It was so embarrassing; when I was like, "Hey, we should get a picture together!" we went over to the photo booth and the gal at the camera said, "Oohh, what a cute sci-fi couple!"

SUPER EMBARRASSING but it was too funny. biggrin.gif

School today was dress-up day. I was a generic 70s rock fan. cool.gif Wore my sweet aviators, jeans, headphones, and a legit AC/DC concert tshirt from my Dad when he was 14! ohmy.gif

Then, to top it all off, I actually put the headphones on and listened to Led Zeppelin and Rush during German and World Studies classes. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (It looked like part of my costume! biggrin.gif)

Next year I might dress up as Geddy. That could be fun... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 31 2011, 04:13 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/DSCF1631.jpg

^ It IS fun. wink.gif This was last year. I wore the basic outfit again Saturday, but no one saw/noticed it. Oh well.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 31 2011, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 31 2011, 04:13 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/DSCF1631.jpg

^ It IS fun. wink.gif This was last year. I wore the basic outfit again Saturday, but no one saw/noticed it. Oh well.

That's okay - WE do smile.gif

We had some bastard teenagers in the neighborhood trick or treating without costumes or bags for the candy. They'd just eat whatever they were given house-to-house, throw it on the ground or put it in a pocket.

I felt like hitting them with a fking brick - metaphorically speaking.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 1 2011, 12:19 PM)
We had some bastard teenagers in the neighborhood trick or treating without costumes or bags for the candy. They'd just eat whatever they were given house-to-house, throw it on the ground or put it in a pocket.

I felt like hitting them with a fking brick - metaphorically speaking.

Yeah, I had a few of those. I gave them one measly bite-sized Snicker, merely trying to insure they wouldn't come back later and roll my house.

Mostly I had little cuties, and also my teenaged son and his friends...who had sworn they were NOT going to dress up or trick or treat. Guess who was begging to go to Party City Sunday afternoon for a mask?

laugh.gif They had fun - maybe this is the last year, maybe not.

user posted image

My daughter Iris (8, almost 9) chose to be Princess Leia.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 1 2011, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 1 2011, 01:14 PM)

My daughter Iris (8, almost 9) chose to be Princess Leia.

Enjoy them while they're young. Teens aren't as much fun.

Tell that to Doug Hutchison laugh.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/24/c..._n_1028516.html