soap, shampoo, etc...

circumstantial tree

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 2 2011, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 1 2011, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 1 2011, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2011, 06:59 PM)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG/120px-Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG + http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/04/31/head-shoulders-intensive-treatment-shampoo-14-2oz_1527741_raw.jpg

That is ALL one really needs.

This exactly.

This, along with Old Spice deoderant, seems to be a staple for most men.

No Old Spice. That stuff gets itchy.

http://deodorantantiperspirant.info/ProductImages/B003D7L7N6.jpg

Right Guard. ONLY Right Guard.

Speed Stick Fresh Scent here. I've gotten compliments on it before:

"I love that cologne - what is it?"

"Mennen Speed Stick."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2011, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 1 2011, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 1 2011, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2011, 06:59 PM)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG/120px-Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG + http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/04/31/head-shoulders-intensive-treatment-shampoo-14-2oz_1527741_raw.jpg

That is ALL one really needs.

This exactly.

This, along with Old Spice deoderant, seems to be a staple for most men.

No Old Spice. That stuff gets itchy.

http://deodorantantiperspirant.info/ProductImages/B003D7L7N6.jpg

Right Guard. ONLY Right Guard.

Right Guard for me as well.

There's a type of soap made by Dial called Dial Basics. It's only about 2 bucks for three bars and it doesn't leave my skin dried out and has a very mild scent. I like it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 03:20 AM)
Men always seem to think that women want Dove soap. I had a couple or three boyfriends (including the now-husband) who, when the relationship reached the "spending-the-night-stage", very thoughtfully purchased a bar of Dove. I didn't want to dismiss the kind gesture, so I'd wash once with the Dove and then a second time with whatever bar the guy kept for himself. And I'd leave the bar of Dove under the running water for a bit to make it go away faster.

I hate Dove. It doesn't lather well and if you have skin that tends towards the oily side to start with, Dove is trouble. Plus I do not like the smell.

Who here grew up with Lava soap? That stuff's wicked. ph34r.gif

I used Dove soap. Once. It made my face feel like it had a mud pack on it. I had to use ordinary soap and water to get it off.

I started using the Dove for Men soap last winter because it was the only thing that worked on dry skin brought on by cold weather.

I wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean.

I'm surprised that so many use Irish Spring. It smells good, but I had no idea it was so popular.

I also use the Mennen glide on speed stick, and yes, it has a great scent.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 2 2011, 09:58 AM)
I started using the Dove for Men soap last winter because it was the only thing that worked on dry skin brought on by cold weather.

I wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean.

I'm surprised that so many use Irish Spring. It smells good, but I had no idea it was so popular.

I also use the Mennen glide on speed stick, and yes, it has a great scent.

One thing I've always sort of thought was funny about Speed Stick -

Well, yeah, the big wide design is cool, ok. But really, how much time do you save? Have you ever heard anyone say, "Sorry I'm late; it took me FOREVER to put the pit wipe on this morning."

Just started with the Dove's Men+ Care - really like it.

Pantene Moisture shampoo and conditioner - I have curly hair and it can really dry out.

Burt's Bees Shave Cream - I was really surprised by this product!

Tom's antiperspirant - no scent, probably not for everyone, but the only one I really like.

Sensodyne toothpaste

Neutrogena Deep Clean

Oh, and to add, I use Crest mint toothpaste - including the whitening, baking soda, and Scope flavored.

I rotate my products a lot but right now:

Shampoo/Conditioner: Finishing up some bath and body works stuff from Christmas. Rotating with Herbal Essences.

Soap: body wash is B&BW Coconut at the moment. Face soap is Basis - my face is acne prone and this is the only soap gentle enough to not scrub or make me breakout. It just cleans. In times of breakouts, I follow with Burts Bees toner (all natural)

Dove deoderant

Suave salon-knock off hairspray

Crest 3D whitening toothepaste.

Favorite toner is 91% isopropyl alcohol. Really. And on a super hot day it's quite refreshing to wipe down with alcohol. (I don't really have any kind of dry skin problem, except occasionally on my legs. So I can afford to bathe in the isopropyl).

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 12:50 PM)
Favorite toner is 91% isopropyl alcohol. Really. And on a super hot day it's quite refreshing to wipe down with alcohol. (I don't really have any kind of dry skin problem, except occasionally on my legs. So I can afford to bathe in the isopropyl).

My year-round, extra-dry skin is crying just reading that... smile.gif

I use Tresemme stuff for curly hair - shampoo, conditioner, styling stuff.

Dove deodorant.

Aim toothpaste.

And Neutrogena body oil, right out of the shower, then air dry. It smells really good and it keeps my skin from turning into instant sandpaper.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 2 2011, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 12:50 PM)
Favorite toner is 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Really.  And on a super hot day it's quite refreshing to wipe down with alcohol. (I don't really have any kind of dry skin problem, except occasionally on my legs.  So I can afford to bathe in the isopropyl).

My year-round, extra-dry skin is crying just reading that... smile.gif

I use Tresemme stuff for curly hair - shampoo, conditioner, styling stuff.

Dove deodorant.

Aim toothpaste.

And Neutrogena body oil, right out of the shower, then air dry. It smells really good and it keeps my skin from turning into instant sandpaper.

I use the Neutrogena stuff too, right out of the shower. I love how it moisturizes my skin and the smell is great.

I LOVE Aim toothpaste but haven't been able to find it over here for the past few years. All of the toothpaste is this super whitening stuff that tastes awful.

A bar of whatever soap is available...it serves the purpose of washing my body, my hair and lathering for a shave.

The cheapest deodorant I can find and disposable cheap razors

Thats it folks...can't be bothered faffing about with any metrosexual male grooming nonsense.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 2 2011, 02:40 PM)
A bar of whatever soap is available...it serves the purpose of washing my body, my hair and lathering for a shave.

Thats it folks...can't be bothered faffing about with any metrosexual male grooming nonsense.

Must ... resist... stereotype....

holf it... hold......

aaaahhh you Scottish cheap bastard!

really it is OK to take care of yourself.. and the female sex likes it.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Aug 2 2011, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 2 2011, 02:40 PM)

Must ... resist... stereotype....

holf it... hold......

aaaahhh you Scottish cheap bastard!

really it is OK to take care of yourself.. and the female sex likes it.

To a point.

Also, beware of cheap deodorant. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 1 2011, 10:20 PM)
Men always seem to think that women want Dove soap. I had a couple or three boyfriends (including the now-husband) who, when the relationship reached the "spending-the-night-stage", very thoughtfully purchased a bar of Dove. I didn't want to dismiss the kind gesture, so I'd wash once with the Dove and then a second time with whatever bar the guy kept for himself. And I'd leave the bar of Dove under the running water for a bit to make it go away faster.

I hate Dove. It doesn't lather well and if you have skin that tends towards the oily side to start with, Dove is trouble. Plus I do not like the smell.

Who here grew up with Lava soap? That stuff's wicked. ph34r.gif

I love Dove soap, no other kind of bar soap is allowed to enter my house.. I like the green one and it's all I buy.

Redken makes a shampoo/conditioner set that is called "Time Reset" it's marketed towards the 40+ woman. I'm a sucker so I ponied up for for it at the salon.. crazy thing it's really good stuff, now I have to keep buying it.

This is a very odd thread..

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 11:50 AM)

It makes excellent aftershave too!