bathroom break songs from certain tours..

reani14

In 23 years of seeing Rush live, I've never once had to go to the bathroom during a show.

There's an appropriate song from the 2.gif album called Before And After.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 31 2011, 08:42 AM)
In 23 years of seeing Rush live, I've never once had to go to the bathroom during a show.

There's an appropriate song from the 2.gif album called Before And After.

biggrin.gif

Seriously...Before and after are the times for beer, and intermission is more thyan long enough to hit the head. If I couldn't make it 90 min without as fresh beer or a trip to the pisser, I guess I'd just save the concert cash, set up a cooler with a case on ice next to the couch, plug in R30, and have at it.

I wonder how many of the haters posting in this thread are the dudes squeezing by and spilling beer on us every 20 minutes during the show?

QUOTE (Tullskull @ Jul 31 2011, 06:02 AM)
I am 57 and stay at my seat. Have a beer before the show and a drink at the show during the 1st set and that is it.. No Pee break.

I think Kid Gloves would be your bathroom song laugh.gif

Edited by Itty12

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 30 2011, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 30 2011, 03:53 PM)
Lets start from roll the bones. ect. bravado (easy bathroom break song . boring boring) counterparts  tour. leave that thing alone.  test for echo, resist.
Vapor trails.. bravado again. r30. bravado again.. maybe red sector A.
Snakes tour.. that some are blessed, some are cursed song... and spindrift.
maybe the way the wind blows, by that point too many boring snakes songs..
Time machine tour. all of it. ah ha ha, probably working them angels.. and leave that thing alone..

Bravado as a restroom break song!? Thats the best song from RTB, heck, maybe maybe in the top 10 best Rush songs ever.

Test For Echo a bathroom break song?

huh.gif

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Jul 30 2011, 09:17 PM)
Time enough for a bathroom break when the concert is over. Bravado? Man, that is an awesome song. BTW...I really dug Faithless this tour as well!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I really liked 'Faithless' as well!

And why, WHY would anyone rather go off and void their bladder than soak up all the Rush that they can? Go before the show. Go at intermission. Go after the show. If you have to go more than that, maybe ease off on the beer a little, I dunno....

I want to support this awesome band by being with them for the whole show. How would Rush feel if they saw numerous people excusing themselves at the start of a song that they're playing for us to enjoy?

But to each their own, I guess.... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Itty12 @ Jul 31 2011, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (Tullskull @ Jul 31 2011, 06:02 AM)
I am 57 and stay at my seat. Have a beer before the show and a drink at the show during the 1st set and that is it.. No Pee break.

I think Kid Gloves would be your bathroom song laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

Very good Itty new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif That is one yes.gif that I could sit to and rest and be ready to icon_alienjig.gif rock next song. wink.gif

I never go for bathroom breaks in the middle of a set for any band i've gone to see or will go to see play in the furture. At the most i'll sit down during a song I don't like or during a solo. Other than that I don't leave while a band I payed my money to see is playing.

I don't feel the need to drink that much alcohol or any at all when I go to concerts. The experience of seeing a band I love play live is sensation enough for me and I don't need beer to enhance that.

The most I do when it comes to drinking is I sometimes get a bottle of water and slowly sip on the throughout the course of the night. If you pace it out right the whole bottle can last you the entire set and since you're not chugging it all down at once there's no need for a bathroom break.

the pathetic drum solo. perfect time to take a piss. i never like to miss one song not matter how much i don't dig it. pretty much love the entire set list. but if you have to go shit hoss no stopping that.

his solo is not that bad. if it was 1983 then yes i would be glued to my seat with my jaw wide open in awe.

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Jul 31 2011, 03:28 PM)
If you're in that big a hurry, you could go in the women's restroom, seeing as it's usually empty.

biggrin.gif

yes.gif rofl3.gif

That being said, I am like J2112YYZ... a bottle of water to sip. Bathroom break at intermission. The last 2 shows, I didn't even do that.

Did the same for Genesis in '07. Went before the show and treasured every moment of those last 2 shows. sad.gif

I usually try to avoid missing any part of any show for a bathroom break if If can help it, but sometimes nature calls...And it's usually a mad rush for the can at halftime or at the end, so that isn't always the greatest time to go, either...

On the Vapor Trails tour back in Nov. 2002 I went to the concert not knowing the set list. I made it well into the second set but got to the point where I just had to go. It was during the drum solo that I decided "screw it, I have to go, no matter what song is next..." As I headed towards the john, the drum solo ended and they started playing "Resist" (acoustic), and I was quite happy at my timing...So I get to the can, and as I'm taking care of business I overhear two guys complaining about how "Rush doesn't play any of their old stuff anymore, blah, blah.."...As I left they were hanging around, still complaining, and as I get back in and heading back to my seat Resist ends, the lights go black, and I hear the intro of 2112. biggrin.gif Perfect 1022.gif

Saw them twice on the S&A tour and had great bladder timing - didn't miss one minute of either show.

At the Time Machine Tour show last year, I knew the set list going in. It was at the MN State Fair and I got there a couple of hours before the show to partake in some of the State Fair eats and stuff and trink38.gif so I pretty much knew I'd have to take a break or two at some point. Since I knew the set list I kind of planned the best spots to go. I'm not a big fan of most of the S&A stuff, so I went right after LTTA during Faithless to beat the halftime crowd and hopefully make it through to the end of the show (I really didn't want to miss any of the 2nd set) , but I ended up having to go again so I went right after 2112, during Far Cry. Got back to my seat with plenty of time to spare and thoroughly enjoy La Villa Strangiato and the end of the show with an empty bladder cool.gif

My "bathroom break" song is "Red Sector A." I don't like the song much at all, and it's better to be in the bathroom THEN, rather than during intermission, when everyone's going.

They played "RSA" on the VT tour, which I saw three times. I knew just when "RSA" was coming up, and I'd bolt for the men's room.