New Red Hot Chili Peppers

The first single from their new album has been released "The adventures of RainDance Maggie"

Outside of the inappropriate cowbell from Chad Smith rofl3.gif I actually like this song a lot and find as this band progresses, they get better (Dani California is my favorite RHCP song)

It's been a good year for 90's bands with RHCP, Foo Fighters, Blink, Soundgarden all back in the fray!

Check it out and share your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RHCPtv?blend=7&ob=5

Sorry - not a patch on their earlier stuff. Thing they will really miss Frusciante if this is anything to go by.

Anyone read Scar Tissue? Have to say Anthony Kiedis come over as a not very nice chap...

I'm indifferent to the song. As mentioned, that cowbell is completely unnecessary and I think it completely detracts from that particular section(s) of the song. As much as I think Frusciante was an invaluable asset, I rather like the tone and style the new guy had in the verses (he seems to really lack in the soloing/licks department though). The guitar gives the song some atmosphere, which then gets lost once the chorus hits. Flea as always makes this track for the most part, just a nice, groovy, simple, and catchy bassline (even though I can't seem to un-think "Seven Nation Army" when I hear it). Outside of that, nothing really stands-out for me in the song--5 minutes later and I can't remember how the song went or what a single lyric was.

Craptastick

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 1 2011, 11:59 PM)
I don't think they've done anything good since BSSM though

That about sums it up nicely for me.

This sounds like one of the more mediocre tracks from Stadium Arcadium. Only this time the (new) guitarist is either trying to figure out how to play with the rhythm section, or playing Fruciante copycat parts, but with an unfitting guitar tone. I have bought every Chilipepper album since Mothers Milk, but I think I'll sit this one out...

Is it just me, or does the RHCP career kind of mirror Aerosmith's? At one time they put out good, hard rocking music, and then eventually, they became a parody of themselves? confused13.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 3 2011, 07:52 AM)
Is it just me, or does the RHCP career kind of mirror Aerosmith's?  At one time they put out good, hard rocking music, and then eventually, they became a parody of themselves?  confused13.gif

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is their Permanent Vacation.

Edited by danielmclark

I didn't like One Hot Minute or Californication, but I really liked By the Way. The last album did nothing for me though, and this new song is probably my least favorite thing I've heard from them. Not expecting much from this album.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 2 2011, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 1 2011, 11:59 PM)
I don't think they've done anything good since BSSM though

That about sums it up nicely for me.

yes.gif and even then i prefer the Hillel era.