• A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

Empire! Recognize, beeyotches! laugh.gif Edited by Jack Aubrey

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 21 2011, 10:58 AM)
You forgot to include The Star Wars Holiday Special in the poll tongue.gif

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/swhs/swhs7.jpg
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/swhs/swhs2.jpg

Totally forgot about that one. Wookies celebrating Christmas? (unless I'm remembering it wrong)

Does that work on ANY level???

Jeebus musta been a busy guy to have to go through the whole crucifixion thing a LONG TIME AGO...in a galaxy far, far away; only to have to do it again here.

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 21 2011, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 21 2011, 10:58 AM)
You forgot to include The Star Wars Holiday Special in the poll  tongue.gif

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/swhs/swhs7.jpg
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/swhs/swhs2.jpg

Totally forgot about that one. Wookies celebrating Christmas? (unless I'm remembering it wrong)

Does that work on ANY level???

Jeebus musta been a busy guy to have to go through the whole crucifixion thing a LONG TIME AGO...in a galaxy far, far away; only to have to do it again here.

they were trying to celebrate Life Day.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 07:27 PM)
The only votes should be for A New Hope or Empire. Anyone that votes for anything else should be shot. I went with Empire.

I agree as far as the prequels go..... those who vote Jedi just have to stand in a corner and think about what they've done.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jul 21 2011, 09:27 PM)
I hate Star Wars. But I've seen them enough to know that Jedi is the best one. Actually, can I write in "First Contact"?  tongue.gif

Good one.

pokey.gif http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/rjw915/Smileys/thCliff.gif

I know i'm in the vast minority here, but i'm voting for Return of the Jedi. It's the grand finale, it sums up everything about Star Wars and puts you on an emotional roller coaster far better than Empire did. I love ESB, but it's such a downer. It may "technically" be the best one, but it's not my favorite. Jedi perfectly combines all of the whimsical feelings and adventure you get from A New Hope and all of the brooding darkness and sense of impending doom from Empire. Also, the score is by far the best out of the six. Just absolutely phenomenal in every way.

And yeah, Ewoks are adorable. There, I said it.

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 20 2011, 04:00 PM)
only girls don't like star wars

Wrong again, kiddo. I saw the original version over 100 times when it came out. tongue.gif

Empire, no question for me. I remember driving down to Orange County, CA to see it because it opened 2 weeks earlier there.

Repost:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Star%20Wars/smily436.gif Edited by ioc

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jul 22 2011, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Jul 21 2011, 11:17 PM)

Balls. Takes a lot of balls to say that.

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

Doesn't change my feelings for those stupid things, but it did take balls to post that. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Jul 22 2011, 12:17 AM)
I know i'm in the vast minority here, but i'm voting for Return of the Jedi. It's the grand finale, it sums up everything about Star Wars and puts you on an emotional roller coaster far better than Empire did. I love ESB, but it's such a downer. It may "technically" be the best one, but it's not my favorite. Jedi perfectly combines all of the whimsical feelings and adventure you get from A New Hope and all of the brooding darkness and sense of impending doom from Empire. Also, the score is by far the best out of the six. Just absolutely phenomenal in every way.

I like Jedi a lot to. The first one came out the year before I was born and I was still too young when Empire came out so Jedi was the first Star Wars movie I saw.

Empire is my favorite though. Just about every movie out there had the happy ending with the good guys winning. With Empire the bad guys won one for once and it was different and that's one of the things that makes it so good.

There needed to be a victory for the Dark Side in one of the original films otherwise the trilogy just wouldn't have been as interesting.

I'm with you on the Ewoks. I wanted those things as pets when I was a kid and even today I don't see the problem with them. Even though they only took out a bunch of stormtroopers, the Ewoks proved that they can fight and take care of themselves and actually be of use for something. Unlike Jar Jar who would've got his ass kicked if he was on Endor then.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 22 2011, 10:45 AM)

I like Jedi a lot to. The first one came out the year before I was born and I was still too young when Empire came out so Jedi was the first Star Wars movie I saw.

Empire is my favorite though. Just about every movie out there had the happy ending with the good guys winning. With Empire the bad guys won one for once and it was different and that's one of the things that makes it so good.

There needed to be a victory for the Dark Side in one of the original films otherwise the trilogy just wouldn't have been as interesting.

I'm with you on the Ewoks. I wanted those things as pets when I was a kid and even today I don't see the problem with them. Even though they only took out a bunch of stormtoopers, the Ewoks proved that they can fight and take care of themselves and actually be of use for something. Unlike Jar Jar who would've got his ass kicked if he was on Endor then.

I agree, Jar Jar was way worse than the Ewoks.

I couldn't disagree more about what Ted said, but its all a matter of personal taste and opinion, and no one's opinion is better than another. Giving him so much credit for liking what he likes? Hardly takes that much testicular fortitude on the internets.

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 20 2011, 06:00 PM)
only girls don't like star wars

Excuse me?

I happen to know a large number of girls who love Star Wars.

And quite a few boys who don't much care for it.

Anyways...

Was caught between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

The latter was actually pretty good, save for that ending.

I mean, really?

...And, um, I kind of admit that the Ewoks are kind of sort of a little bit adorable and fluffy maybe.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 22 2011, 10:47 AM)

I'm with you on the Ewoks. I wanted those things as pets when I was a kid and even today I don't see the problem with them. Even though they only took out a bunch of stormtoopers, the Ewoks proved that they can fight and take care of themselves and actually be of use for something. Unlike Jar Jar who would've got his ass kicked if he was on Endor then.

Weird convos Star Wars freaks have eh?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 23 2011, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 22 2011, 10:47 AM)

Weird convos Star Wars freaks have eh?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'll agree on you with that but I don't even think that conversation is weird at all. I have had many Star Wars conversations with other fans that were way stranger and more in depth than what we're doing here wink.gif