my musical hero, Rebecca Black

fledgehog

She is literally one of the only people I've ever seen who has a smile that is annoying.

Not cute.

Annoying.

And I'm not talking about the characters actors portray that are supposed to have annoying smiles. |:

I... um... like the piano in the beginning?

But her voice hasn't improved and the music video is still dumb.

Gaaaahh take some voice lessons, for God's sake, or at least enroll in a school choir!

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 19 2011, 11:13 PM)
I see guitars in the video, but where are they in the music?

Just like I could never make it through 45 seconds of Friday.... I stopped the video at about the same time....

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 19 2011, 11:13 PM)
I see guitars in the video, but where are they in the music?

Literally - you see people playing guitar and bass at 0:37, but there is absolutely no bass or guitar sound. At 0:42, you see them apparently playing very hard, even anticipating a sudden forte, but the only sound is her voice and synthesizer.

I guess that's what music is to pop singers - a joke.

Definitely an improvement but blech 062802puke_prv.gif

I thought, hey well I'll give it a listen, it can't be that bad. First note and I was gagging...urprised I made it to the last 40 seconds, but that felt longer than 2112 ohmy.gif better than Friday, more musical I guess, but still f***ing disgusting.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 19 2011, 08:11 PM)
She is literally one of the only people I've ever seen who has a smile that is annoying.
Not cute.
Annoying.
And I'm not talking about the characters actors portray that are supposed to have annoying smiles. |:

Gaaaahh take some voice lessons, for God's sake, or at least enroll in a school choir!

Why punish a poor school choir? She needs to just stay away from singing!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jul 20 2011, 12:26 PM)
Its surely better than friday, is a complete garbage off course, but hey, at least she improved it from shit to garbage.

No she improved it from the shit made from animals eating garbage to just shit.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jul 20 2011, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 19 2011, 08:11 PM)
Not cute.
Annoying.

Why punish a poor school choir? She needs to just stay away from singing!

yes.gif

laugh.gif

Good point.

But I would like to believe that no one is truly tone-deaf...

I suppose that's just my optimism speaking.

/sigh

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 20 2011, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 20 2011, 06:36 PM)
SRV: Dead
Hendrix: Dead
John Bonham: Dead
Keith Moon: Dead
Rebecca Black: Alive

This alone proves the universe is a cold, cruel, pitiless bitch.

yes.gif

She's a 14 year old girl!

Yeah, her so-called "music" is bad, but is it that big a deal? I find a lot more stuff offensive when it comes to popular music.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 20 2011, 05:53 PM)
All of the autotune...IT BURNS!!!!

I wish people would just be like Indy in Lost Ark regarding Black and her equally appaling (Ke$ha et al) ilk. Just don't look, pay attention and stop anaylzing her awfulness and it will all go away.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jul 20 2011, 06:58 PM)

I wish people would just be like Indy in Lost Ark regarding Black and her equally appaling (Ke$ha et al) ilk. Just don't look, pay attention and stop anaylzing her awfulness and it will all go away.

There's one! I find Ke$ha far more offensive. Ke$ha is 10 years older than Rebecca Black and she WRITES her music!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 20 2011, 06:52 PM)

yes.gif

Yeah, her so-called "music" is bad, but is it that big a deal? I find a lot more stuff offensive when it comes to popular music.

Yeah, I'm not 100% comfortable in picking on a little kid on the internet. If we were her age and had the same chance to sing that crappy music, get rich, and get famous I think we would jump at the chance. she doesn;t know better.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 20 2011, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 20 2011, 06:52 PM)

yes.gif

Yeah, I'm not 100% comfortable in picking on a little kid on the internet. If we were her age and had the same chance to sing that crappy music, get rich, and get famous I think we would jump at the chance. she doesn;t know better.

I'm not picking on that talent-less pile of auto-tune I'm just saying that it's the height of irony and cruelty that musical giants were snuffed out at early ages (most of it their own fault, yes) and yet steaming toilet bombs like Black keep oozing out of the poop shoot of the entertainment industry and millions of kids go ga-ga (see what I did there?) over it and eat it up like 2 girls 1 cup.

062802puke_prv.gif

That being said, if I had the remotest of chances of jamming the airwaves full of auto-tuned crap like that and raking in the caish I would do it in a heartbeat. Laughing all the way to the bank. yes.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jul 20 2011, 06:58 PM)

Sadly, I keep hoping that one day pop artists will shed their dependance on ghost writers and autotune. That's why I keep trying.