Stick It Out

The_Necromancer_77

Great song!

My favourite part is the way Geddy sings the following word:

"You get so used to deception, you make yourself a nervous wreck."

The entire album is such a good listen!

I have read comments from fans that 'Stick It Out' was not a song that many were fond of that the band played on 'The Time Machine Tour'.

However I am glad the band played that song because that was the first Rush song I heard and saw the video for when I discovered them back in 1993. Also my brother and I were fans of Beavis and Butthead at that time and it was hilarious when they poked fun at the song.

So if I had to pick a Rush album as a desert island disc, it would be Counterparts because 'Stick It Out' is on it and every song from that album is great.

While I do like the song a lot, there are a lot of other songs I'd rather have heard on the TM Tour. I'd say the same for Faithless as well. But apart from that, I thought the setlist was killer! Edited by Drummerrobin

Stick it Out is one of my fav songs on CP. yes.gif I am very happy that they included it in the TM set. I think it worked very well live. I really love the super heavy riff. The lyrics also send a good message. Stick it Out does rock.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 17 2011, 09:38 AM)
Yes, half of CP is just bad ass rocking.

It sure is! 1022.gif

I thought it was a great song but there are lots others on CP that I like waaaaaay better.

If they'd played Double Agent or even Animate instead I wouldn't have minded.

But CP, imo, is overall a really great album and a huge step up from RTB, even though I did like that one all right.

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Jul 17 2011, 06:43 AM)
While I do like the song a lot, there are a lot of other songs I'd rather have heard on the TM Tour. I'd say the same for Faithless as well. But apart from that, I thought the setlist was killer!

Ha, 'Faithless' was the one song I'd really wanted to hear them play, and I got my wish! Just goes to show how varied tastes in Rush can be! Something for everyone.

It's gotta be hard coming up with new setlists, getting rarely-played songs out there when their back catalogue is so enormous and time-spanning!

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 17 2011, 02:12 PM)
You know, why don't they just play CP in full next tour? smile.gif 1022.gif 2.gif yes.gif

Great idea! That would mean that I would get to hear Everyday Glory live! LOVE that song!

QUOTE (johndyar @ Jul 17 2011, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 17 2011, 02:12 PM)
You know, why don't they just play CP in full next tour? smile.gif 1022.gif 2.gif yes.gif

Great idea! That would mean that I would get to hear Everyday Glory live! LOVE that song!

And Cold Fire yes.gif 1022.gif

I could take or leave Everyday Glory wink.gif

LOVE this song! CP is a fantastic album, beginning to end, really. It's such a badass record.

Does not suck , far from the best

Don't understand the hate this got live, I enjoyed it. And I too remember the Beavis and Butt-head episode, more for Beavis's singing TSOR than what song they were watching, though.

Like many here, Cut To The Chase would be my next CP choice to hear live. 1022.gif