Do you think Rush should play Australia?

Earthshine

Do you think Rush should play Australia?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Rush should play Australia?

• Yes! Definitely!
    • Yes! Neil can ride with the kangaroos!
    • Yes! The next DVD can be called "Rush Down Under".
    • Yes! The next bootleg album can be "Peart in Perth".
    • No! Absolutely not!
    • Maybe. It depends what Neil wants.
    • Maybe. Only if Neil can go motorcycle riding.

Still cannot figure out why after 37 years Rush has still not played a single gig in Australia. If I am incorrect and they have, please correct me and ignore this poll.

But when a band has such a large following in a country, they kind of owe it to them to at least play a few shows there.

So many bands have played there. Led Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple, The Moody Blues and many others. Why not Rush?

I voted Yeah they should..Can't believe they haven't

played over there yet...everybody and their sh*t-faced

uncle, have played Aussie-land..holy smokes..

what's the hold-up????????? unsure.gif confused13.gif wink.gif

I think if the band and it's management felt they had the following and could make money down there they would've gone already. If the market isn't there and it's not cost effective to take a big production like that on a 20 something hour flight to Australia and back again, they're not gonna do it.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2011, 08:44 AM)
I think if the band and it's management felt they had the following and could make money down there they would've gone already. If the market isn't there and it's not cost effective to take a big production like that on a 20 something hour flight to Australia and back again, they're not gonna do it.

^^^ agree!

Believe me, I've lived in Australia for almost 4 years, and almost NOBODY has heard of Rush. Actually, the only people I've met there who heard of them were either Canadians or Brazilians! laugh.gif

I'd love to see Rush play Australia and of course an update by Neil on his travels Down Under. But the people I've shown Rush to over there did not seem to dig them. Also, usually the Australian Tours are combined with a visit to Asia, but Rush doesn't seem to be too big over there either, so economically-wise it would be stupid to go that far...

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 16 2011, 08:38 PM)
But when a band has such a large following in a country, they kind of owe it to them to at least play a few shows there.

Owe? I think that's a big much.

I'm a huge fan of a lot of things and I don't think any of the people I like owe me anything.

Screw Australia - they need more WI gigs. Hell, they do 10 in California, and only 1 in WI!?!?!?! tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 18 2011, 04:26 PM)
Neil's afraid of getting whacked in the head with a boomerang during the drum solo. LOL

Or he might get attacked by a kangaroo while motorcycling. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 18 2011, 08:34 PM)
Neil's afraid of getting whacked in the head with a boomerang during the drum solo. LOL

It's easy to avoid a kangaroo attack though. They can't hop backwards so just get behind them wink.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 18 2011, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 18 2011, 08:34 PM)

It's easy to avoid a kangaroo attack though. They can't hop backwards so just get behind them wink.gif

Maybe they'll chase him down like wolves. laugh.gif