• Highlander 2
    • Staying Alive
    • The Matrix Reloaded
    • Speed 2
    • The Next Karate Kid
    • Jaws The Revenge
    • Men in Black 2
    • Weekend at Bernie's 2

For me, Caddyshack 2 was one of the biggest letdowns of all time...what a waste.

I mean, Jackie Mason...seriously?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman & Robin is on a short list for the worst film ever made. Ever. It's terrible. It's not even passable camp, just the worst allocation of TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars I can imagine. However, I'm thankful that Joel Schumacher completely F@CKED up Batman because without it we might not have had a Christopher Nolan-type reinvention. And for that, I thank that talentless, Bat-nipple creating douchebag. Edited by Presto-digitation

Of all the sequels I've seen, The Godfather III stands out as the worst.

All the mystique and passion of the first two films was gone. It was pretentious, insincere, convoluted, and overly-dramatic in some scenes. Sofia Coppola was horrible as Mary, and the climactic scene at the opera house was forced and extremely pretentious.

BIG disappointment. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

2nd Place: 2010: Odyssey Two

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2011, 12:27 PM)
For me, Caddyshack 2 was one of the biggest letdowns of all time...what a waste.
I mean, Jackie Mason...seriously?

Man, I didn't even have to think about it. When I read the question - I thought, he better damn well have Caddyshack 2 in the list!

Batman and Robin would be 2nd for me.

Oh, and has anyone seen the kid's movie Happily N'ever After? I thought it was a decent kids movie.... Watch Happily N'ever after 2. Holy crap did it suck. Looked like they had a budget of $35 for animation the second go round.

Considering what is on the list that I'm familiar with, "Jaws IV: the Revenge" was the worst. The plot was so totally unbelievable. Once the mother loses her youngest son in Amity by another big shark, she travels to the Bahamas to spend time with her other son.

Well, wouldn't you know it! That same shark just happens to swim to the same waters Lorraine Gary (the mother) will be visiting to wreak havoc on vacationers there and ultimately the family. rofl3.gif

One that is not on this list but should be is Grease 2. At one time, that was rated in a poll as the worse sequel of all time.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 29 2011, 01:51 PM)
Batman & Robin is on a short list for the worst film ever made. Ever. It's terrible. It's not even passable camp, just the worst allocation of TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars I can imagine. However, I'm thankful that Joel Schumacher completely F@CKED up Batman because without it we might not have had a Christopher Nolan-type reinvention. And for that, I thank that talentless, Bat-nipple creating douchebag.

I agree with every word of this post.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 29 2011, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 29 2011, 01:51 PM)
Batman & Robin is on a short list for the worst film ever made.  Ever.  It's terrible.  It's not even passable camp, just the worst allocation of TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars I can imagine.  However, I'm thankful that Joel Schumacher completely F@CKED up Batman because without it we might not have had a Christopher Nolan-type reinvention.  And for that, I thank that talentless, Bat-nipple creating douchebag.

I agree with every word of this post.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't care for that second "the" in the post myself...

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 29 2011, 02:01 PM)

All the mystique and passion of the first two films was gone. It was pretentious, insincere, convoluted, and overly-dramatic in some scenes. Sofia Coppola was horrible as Mary, and the climactic scene at the opera house was forced and extremely pretentious.

I don't think it's that bad of a movie. My biggest problem is with the casting. Winona Ryder backed out and we got Sophia Coppola. I also read the producers didn't want to pay Robert Duvall his requested salary, so the entire screenplay had to be rewritten. Oh well. I thought the Vatican plot line was very good. Overall, it's a disappointment, but well-made enough for me not to consider it a total failure.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 29 2011, 11:01 AM)

2nd Place: 2010: Odyssey Two

really? I liked 2010 alot.

I went with Jaws The Revenge.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 29 2011, 06:33 PM)
Freddy's Dead:  The Final Nightmare

Is that the one when the chatshow host asks the woman: "What's it like to work with Robert Englund?" and just as she answers, 'Freddy' comes tearing through the wall - in character? Man, for me, that scene sure sucked. Ruined the movie...

Predator 2 ranks pretty high on the list. 062802puke_prv.gif

Long after it bombed, reporters asked Danny Glover point blank why he did the film. He didn't have much of an answer.

Alien 3 and 4 were pretty bad. 3 was just too dark and depressing. 4 was decent until the end, which featured one of the most ridiculous movie monsters ever - the human-Alien hybrid with breasts. Pathetic. 062802puke_prv.gif

I haven't seen some of the movies on that list, but I would think Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith would be tied with Speed 2 for "abomination of a sequel that should have been burned upon going gold".

Technically, SW Episode III is a sequel to some bad prequels.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 29 2011, 07:32 PM)
to show you how bad these movies are the best ones on the list are MIBII and Batman and Robin.

MIIB was still better than Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 29 2011, 04:12 PM)
Predator 2 ranks pretty high on the list.  062802puke_prv.gif 

Long after it bombed, reporters asked Danny Glover point blank why he did the film.  He didn't have much of an answer. 

Alien 3 and 4 were pretty bad.  3 was just too dark and depressing.  4 was decent until the end, which featured one of the most ridiculous movie monsters ever - the human-Alien hybrid with breasts.  Pathetic.  062802puke_prv.gif

I don't agree with any of this, W-man. On a brighter note: music.gif News radio 620 WTMJ Milwaukee music.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2011, 09:18 PM)
On a brighter note:  music.gif News radio 620 WTMJ Milwaukee music.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Brewers highlights on the radio, perhaps?

Not tonight! Not last night either! fists crying.gif fists crying.gif