Clockwork Angels cover

Tommy Sawyer

On Wikipedia it says that this is the album cover. Is this true?

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/tklos/Other%20Rush%20related%20pictures/Clockwork-angels_cover.jpg

That was the Caravan single cover but is this the actual album cover?

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 23 2011, 08:10 PM)
On Wikipedia it says that this is the album cover. Is this true?
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/tklos/Other%20Rush%20related%20pictures/Clockwork-angels_cover.jpg
That was the Caravan single cover but is this the actual album cover?

I think this was just a promotional picture when news of the album came out. The only difference between this cover and the 'Caravan' single cover is the titles on each. I would venture to guess that this might be the cover, but who knows?

When you hear the differences in the studio and live versions of the songs I'm not sure if the current versions or the picture will survive once they get in the studio and get back to work. Wouldn't that be cool if they re-recorded both songs in light of how they went live?

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jun 24 2011, 12:03 AM)
When you hear the differences in the studio and live versions of the songs I'm not sure if the current versions or the picture will survive once they get in the studio and get back to work. Wouldn't that be cool if they re-recorded both songs in light of how they went live?

I think that's what they were planning to do.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 23 2011, 07:15 PM)
I doubt its the actual cover because the lyrics for Caravan are written in the background.

This.

There is no doubt that the album cover will be different.

I hope Hugh Syme is working on it right now.

Why would they release a cover with the album title on it, for it to not end up being the cover? I'm pretty sure that's the cover.

Ive never seen a band in my life say "Hey here's the cover to our new album. Woops, nevermind this isn't it".

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 07:36 AM)
As long as the music is good, does it matter what the cover looks like?

Because you look at it every time you pick up the CD, so you want something nice to look at. tongue.gif

That's my rationale anyways. (Probably why I stopped buying Britney Spears albums.. but that obsession lasted all over about two years when I was eight or something.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 24 2011, 08:45 AM)

Because you look at it every time you pick up the CD, so you want something nice to look at. tongue.gif

That's my rationale anyways. (Probably why I stopped buying Britney Spears albums.. but that obsession lasted all over about two years when I was eight or something.)

A lot of people dont buy CDs anymore. They arent going to be around anymore at some point so all you're left with is a little thumbnail on an MP3 player.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 24 2011, 08:45 AM)

A lot of people dont buy CDs anymore. They arent going to be around anymore at some point so all you're left with is a little thumbnail on an MP3 player.

Unfortunately it's a dying industry... which really makes me sad, I was hoping to work with cover art in the future ;-;

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 08:43 AM)
Why would they release a cover with the album title on it, for it to not end up being the cover? I'm pretty sure that's the cover.

Ive never seen a band in my life say "Hey here's the cover to our new album. Woops, nevermind this isn't it".

you do know how Wikipedia works, right?

I really hope that the new "look" for CW, stage show and especially album cover, isnt a repeat of what we saw on the TM tour. Part of the excitement of a new release and tour is seeing what they come up with. (though the S/A cover was dreadful....)

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 01:36 PM)

That's debatable laugh.gif

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/7-1.jpg

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/12-1.jpg

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 24 2011, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 01:36 PM)

That's debatable laugh.gif

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/7-1.jpg

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/12-1.jpg

wacko.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 05:36 AM)

This X 1,000 new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I personally hope the cover is something a little different. At the minimum it's way too reminiscent of the single that I mostly didn't like and was hoping for something different that would give the album a somewhat different identity, but in the end if the music is awesome I don't care what the cover looks like. If the music sucks, the best cover in the world won't make it the tiniest bit better.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 24 2011, 09:03 AM)

Where on wikipedia does it say thats not the album cover? It shows the cover right there, and it says the name of the album on it.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 09:39 PM)

Where on wikipedia does it say thats not the album cover? It shows the cover right there, and it says the name of the album on it.

asked and answered, I guess... eyesre4.gif

"Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit..."

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 24 2011, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 09:39 PM)

asked and answered, I guess... eyesre4.gif

"Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit..."

Wikipedia is irrelevant. That's the cover the band released. That's not some photoshopped pic by a fan.

I really don't think that this is the "real" cover. Bands often release singles with different covers from their albums, and this one has been around for quite a while. I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out a new one for the album proper.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 09:34 PM)
Wikipedia is irrelevant. That's the cover the band released. That's not some photoshopped pic by a fan.

This, on the other hand... 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by StellarJetman

It's just what we have for now. I doubt big time that it will be the final cover. I don't want to be the cynical one who says it doesn't matter, but after the latest tour who can say what the final cover art will be.

Rush never did this before, I don't think. You know, the thing where they record a couple of songs and then go on tour and then think about what they want to do with them and then make a different album with new versions of those songs.

The Rolling Stones made Honkey Tonk Women and then Country Honk. If we get some sort of different version of that magnitude then who knows how Clockwork Angels may turn out. There are big things in store or maybe just possible. I'm looking forward to all of it... music, art, tour. Yeah, bring it on.