BRING BACK WINTER! I hate summer. . .

Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 22 2011, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 22 2011, 06:11 PM)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7673/unlediz.png

As for bugs today - I noticed a lot of Monarch Butterflies and Lady bugs while picking weeds.

You have no right to accuse the rest of us of being "too sensitive"! Come spend a summer here - you'll be dragging your swamp ass after one day. tongue.gif

("Swamp ass" is not an insult. That's real medical terminology).

Swamp ass as in butt sweat? I got it earlier today walking across town laugh.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd like it here, Mara.

It never got above 65 degrees here today. Made me sad. :C

It's summer!! I shouldn't have to walk around the house in a hoodie in SUMMER!

78/94 today

very humid.

very dry.

thunderstorm season is running a little behind schedule. once it hits the high tends to be closer to 88-90. you literally have to plan around the weather through september. Outdoor exercise in particular must be planned to avoid illness or worse.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 22 2011, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 22 2011, 09:02 PM)
Rainy and cloudy today. Only got up to about 80. sad.gif

"only"? huh.gif

That was when the sun finally came out. It was only in the 70s most of the day.

I like it hot. firedevil.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 22 2011, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 22 2011, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 22 2011, 09:02 PM)
Rainy and cloudy today. Only got up to about 80. sad.gif

"only"? huh.gif

That was when the sun finally came out. It was only in the 70s most of the day.

I like it hot. firedevil.gif

my ideal weather is 80-90, dry, with air conditioning available indoors. Most people around here shit their pants when it gets above 70, but that's because it's always so damn humid. Personally, I'm generally in long sleeves until about the 67 mark.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 22 2011, 06:28 PM)
I PULLED A TICK OFF OF MY SHIRTSLEEVE LAST NIGHT! EWEWEWEW. . .

A F.UCKING TICK!!!!!

Summer = ticks and other really nasty bugs!!!!! No ticks or mosquitos in winter, nosirree.

atickhum.gif Awww, poor tick..! atickhum.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jun 23 2011, 12:05 PM)
z7shysterical.gif swamp ass

Worst DC Comics character ever, if you ask me.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 22 2011, 06:11 PM)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7673/unlediz.png

As for bugs today - I noticed a lot of Monarch Butterflies and Lady bugs while picking weeds.

Beauty.

I bet you're about 1,000,000 times more likely to get your perfect little world ruined by an earthquake though. laugh.gif

It is miserable here. Highs in the mid- to upper-90s, thunderstorms every damned afternoon that do nothing but make the electricity blink and increase the humidity.

MISERABLE.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 27 2011, 11:50 AM)
I take back what I said about not minding summer. The AC went out in my car last night. It will get up to 105 today. I want it to snow instead.

God Lord, I think we might see 72, of course it will rain this week...

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Jun 27 2011, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 27 2011, 11:50 AM)
I take back what I said about not minding summer. The AC went out in my car last night. It will get up to 105 today. I want it to snow instead.

God Lord, I think we might see 72, of course it will rain this week...

What the heck are you waiting for?!? Come get me out of here!!!!!

laugh.gif

Holy crap, it's so hot, dry and humid, there's no air, it's making me feel ill, and I feel like I can't breathe..! Windows are open, no air coming in..!

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 27 2011, 09:32 PM)
Holy crap, it's so hot, dry and humid, there's no air, it's making me feel ill, and I feel like I can't breathe..! Windows are open, no air coming in..!

Not too bad this side, Babycat tbh, you've got the warm air coming off the continent while we've got the cooler Atlantic weather. Believe-it-or-not, you lot have a different climate to us this side.

I'll take summer over the miserable 6 months of rain that gets optimistically referred to as "winter" here. Especially this year, where spring apparently ended about a week ago and we're only just now getting late-May weather. Ugh.

I imagine I might feel differently if I lived in the southern US though. I did love Toronto's summers when I lived there, crazy humidity and all.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 28 2011, 12:27 AM)
Especially this year, where spring apparently ended about a week ago and we're only just now getting late-May weather.

It's been the same here in the U.K. Babycat's side (South East England) hit the 30+ mark.. about 24-ish my side (South-West, Wales).

Missouri River flooding + usual Nebraska humidty = warm, wet weather = mosquitoes = MISERABLE SUMMER.

I have no idea how those baseball fans are surviving downtown!! Those CWS bleachers are hot -- not to mention the stadium was built right next to the river, practically.

(Nice thinking, construction people. Nice thinking. Not like you could've just KEPT ROSENBLATT. /sarcasm)

Cajun country is cajun country, i.e. hot and gross and hot and humid and HOT. My old Honda decided that this was year to have the air conditioning go out so I need to go get it fixed.

It's weather like this that makes me miss my home state (even if the western portion is flooding and people pronounce Minot like "Minnow").

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Jun 22 2011, 08:19 PM)
The cold sucks.... keep winter.

Be glad to my friend.. 1022.gif 653.gif

This 91 and high wind leads to one thing firedevil.gif

"Summer sun leaves me as one that can only taste winter.." yes.gif