Alen Shore

Nate2112

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jun 10 2011, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 10 2011, 09:00 AM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

when you've got "Anyone who thinks Test For Echo is not life changing has never heard resist." as your sig, you can hardly be expected to be the ambassador of good taste when it comes to lyrics wink.gif

(PS - despite some of the cheesy lyrics, I love Alien Shore to death)

I'm not a big fan of Counterparts. The ironic thing is that the songs I like on that album are the ones most maligned. "Alien Shore" and "Speed of Love", to me, are good tunes.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 10 2011, 10:28 AM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

when you've got "Anyone who thinks Test For Echo is not life changing has never heard resist." as your sig, you can hardly be expected to be the ambassador of good taste when it comes to lyrics wink.gif

I'm going to have to agree with Nate2112. Aline Shore's lyrics are not cheesy at all. no.gif I find them very interesting actually. The lyrics bothered me at first, but now that I know what they mean, I kind of like them.

Oh, and why is "Anyone who thinks Test For Echo is not life changing has never heard resist." bad? Resist is an amazing song. yes.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 10 2011, 06:26 AM)
ALAN SHORE

Yeah, I remember that cat. Wasn't he related to Dinah Shore. Man she was pretty hot!

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 10 2011, 01:02 PM)
ALAN SHORE

Yeah, I remember that cat. Wasn't he related to Dinah Shore. Man she was pretty hot!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uPfypPKT1xM/Scf17MhHKqI/AAAAAAAACaQ/MmOfQ7qieWs/s400/alan+shore.jpg

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jun 10 2011, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 10 2011, 01:02 PM)
ALAN SHORE

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uPfypPKT1xM/Scf17MhHKqI/AAAAAAAACaQ/MmOfQ7qieWs/s400/alan+shore.jpg

Oh, yeah. He took her through the Stargate to help free and entertain the troops. If I'm not mistaken that was the Op where communications officer Harry Solomon went back to open another can of smartass.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 10 2011, 11:33 AM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

I'm going to have to agree with Nate2112. Aline Shore's lyrics are not cheesy at all. no.gif I find them very interesting actually. The lyrics bothered me at first, but now that I know what they mean, I kind of like them.

Oh, and why is "Anyone who thinks Test For Echo is not life changing has never heard resist." bad? Resist is an amazing song. yes.gif

I just know someone is going to rip you and Nate apart for the mere fact that you guys are middle-schoolers unsure.gif

the tune is rockin but I cant help but get douche chills when Geddy sings "for you and me, sex is not a competition".

plus isn't "you and me" bad grammar?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 10 2011, 01:03 PM)
the tune is rockin but I cant help but get douche chills when Geddy sings "for you and me, sex is not a competition".

Not when following the word "for". Actually, Neil uses "for you and I" (which is incorrect) in Entre Nous.

The ironic thing is that, at least IMO, Entre Nous' lyrics are much better than those in Alien Shore.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 10 2011, 09:28 AM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/albert-einstein-trolls.jpg

Well in all fairness, he does use "you and I" in the verses. I suppose the "you and me" represents the casual talk between a couple--for the most part people don't follow grammatical rules like that in everyday conversation, so maybe the lyrics represent that?

Funnily enough, I think the "sex is not a competition" line is one of the finer lines in the song. At first I took it to mean "intercourse" and thought it was Neil trying to be dirty. Then I realized it meant "gender" and the line took on a whole new meaning...

...the "we'd elect each other president" line is pretty bad though, I can't salvage a deeper meaning out of that tongue.gif

QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 10 2011, 02:30 PM)

Well in all fairness, he does use "you and I" in the verses. I suppose the "you and me" represents the casual talk between a couple--for the most part people don't follow grammatical rules like that in everyday conversation, so maybe the lyrics represent that?

Funnily enough, I think the "sex is not a competition" line is one of the finer lines in the song. At first I took it to mean "intercourse" and thought it was Neil trying to be dirty. Then I realized it meant "gender" and the line took on a whole new meaning...

...the "we'd elect each other president" line is pretty bad though, I can't salvage a deeper meaning out of that tongue.gif

The use of the preposition makes "for you and me" correct. Just take the "you and" out of the prepositional phrase..."for you" is right, "for I" is wrong (at least if "for" is used as a preposition.

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 10 2011, 01:53 PM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

I just know someone is going to rip you and Nate apart for the mere fact that you guys are middle-schoolers unsure.gif

I'm going in to High School. unsure.gif And why would someone want to rip Nate and me apart? confused13.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 10 2011, 03:22 PM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

I'm going in to High School. unsure.gif And why would someone want to rip Nate and me apart? confused13.gif

Yeah we are BFFs

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jun 10 2011, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 10 2011, 03:22 PM)
Horrible lyrics, mainly.

no.gif

Brilliant Lyrics

sorry, kid

Yeah we are BFFs

tongue.gif

Ummm... okay. That's creepy. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jun 10 2011, 02:24 PM)
What is the song about anyway. I have questions for that, C2TC, Stick It Out, Cold Fire, and Animate

I find it absolutely hilarious that you say this song has brilliant lyrics, yet you have no idea what the song is even about. THAT is funny stuff!

Edited by cygnus_thegodofbalance

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jun 10 2011, 02:24 PM)
What is the song about anyway. I have questions for that, C2TC, Stick It Out, Cold Fire, and Animate

Have another read of the lyrics tongue.gif BTW I like alien shore plus all the songs quoted. Don't understand why they're not more popular either.