Fleetwood Mac

What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?

• Love 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • They're okay
    • I've heard the hits, but not much else
    • Who?

QUOTE (Mara @ May 17 2011, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2011, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 16 2011, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2011, 08:39 AM)
I have always liked them but one of the most Disappointing shows my wife and i have ever seen

why didn't you like the show? what year did you go?

also, Lindsey on SNL was discussed on page 2.

We saw the last tour they did. 2 years ago ? confused13.gif I never saw people stand so far away from each other as they did on that stage . The fake hug in the middle of the stage between L.B and S.N. , You read it on their faces ,it was all about the $$$$ . Tickets were not cheap. $100 for the last few rows . Just how we saw it.

The 1997 reunion tour was awesome. If they can come close to matching that this time around, I'll be there.

I have the d.v.d of the tour. Great show, nothing like we saw laugh.gif

no tout could match The Dance tour. it was great because they hadn't done it in a while, and everyone was excited. now they've been back and doing the same thing for a while now, it's wore out it's welcome and the excitement level. also, it's pretty clear that Christine will not be rejoining.

QUOTE (RushNut @ May 16 2011, 10:08 AM)
I like them a lot. IMO Lindsey gets little respect and is underrated as a guitar player.

The solo in Hold Me is one of my top 5 or 10 favorite guitar solos ever. Mirage is such an underrated album. I especially love Eyes of the World.

:bump:

Playing a lot of Mac lately, yesterday was all about the Green era, today is all about the post-Green pre-Lindsey/Stevie period. God, some of those albums are stellar. Playing Bare Trees now. Kiln House up next.

Playing a lot of Mac lately, yesterday was all about the Green era, today is all about the post-Green pre-Lindsey/Stevie period. God, some of those albums are stellar. Playing Bare Trees now. Kiln House up next.

I thought for sure you were gonna bang on about the Rumours re-release. It really is worthy of your praise. Perhaps later on.

I thought for sure you were gonna bang on about the Rumours re-release. It really is worthy of your praise. Perhaps later on.

Oh it is! I have the 3 disc job. Fabulous, worth it for Silver Springs alone. But, right now, the early 70s stuff is blowing my mind. The tunes, the harmonies, the arrangements, all heavenly.

I like them a lot. IMO Lindsey gets little respect and is underrated as a guitar player.

Absolutely. His solo albums "Gift Of Screws" & "Seeds We Sow" are excellent. The song "Bel Air Rain" off "GOS" is truly amazing. The first 2 albums he did with the 'Mac are classics too.

I voted 'ok'....some interesting songs, some waaaaaay overplayed. Whenever chicks and guys are in a band you always have too much personal drama and they take the cake when it comes to this.I find Stevie Nicks bleeting sleep singing voice really irritating. Lindsay's guitar work is their one redeeming quality.
  • Like 1

Love The Mac .

I`ve seen them twice and been a fan since 78 .

Could`nt get a ticket for this up and coming tour . They sold out in minutes for Manchester . :facepalm:

Any spares ?

Love The Mac .

Could`nt get a ticket for this up and coming tour . They sold out in minutes for Manchester . :facepalm:

Any spares ?

Can't get any for Dublin either. And Lindsey cancelled his Dublin show 2 years ago. I'm cursed.

Love The Mac .

Any spares ?

Can't get any for Dublin either. And Lindsey cancelled his Dublin show 2 years ago. I'm cursed.

LB cancelled that whole Seeds We Sow tour. I had tix for Leeds. Gutted.

Love The Mac .

Any spares ?

LB cancelled that whole Seeds We Sow tour. I had tix for Leeds. Gutted.

Yeah, his recent run of albums have been an utter joy, it would have great to see him. Think I had 3rd row too.....

Now, after a weekend of Green era and post-Green era, I'm now onto the Lindsey years, smoother than Yul Brynner's shiny head. Played the wonderful eponymous 1975 release earlier and now onto Rumours. Ubiquity has not dimmed its beauty. The remaster's sound is magnificent.

As a young fella, I would play The Chain over and over and over again. And Go Your Own Way has one of the most exciting intros ever. Love Mick's playing on it.

• Like 1

I actually prefer the first Buckingham/Nicks Mac album to Rumours. World Turning, Crystal, I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon.....wow, that thing is amazing.

Mind you, Rumours ain't too shabby either.

Gold Dust Woman is worth the price of admission alone. And the addition of Silver Springs as well, it's actually even better now.

:notworthy:

• Like 1

I actually prefer the first Buckingham/Nicks Mac album to Rumours. World Turning, Crystal, I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon.....wow, that thing is amazing.

Gold Dust Woman is worth the price of admission alone. And the addition of Silver Springs as well, it's actually even better now.

Yeah, the 1975 album is stellar. Back to Rumours, isn't Silver Springs just gorgeous? The live disc is soopoib too.

Now, after a weekend of Green era and post-Green era, I'm now onto the Lindsey years, smoother than Yul Brynner's shiny head. Played the wonderful eponymous 1975 release earlier and now onto Rumours. Ubiquity has not dimmed its beauty. The remaster's sound is magnificent.

As a young fella, I would play The Chain over and over and over again. And Go Your Own Way has one of the most exciting intros ever. Love Mick's playing on it.

Well done for having great taste yet again. Pretty much right through to Tango is solid quality for that lineup. Time hasn't diminished those albums whatsoever. Pure class in every way.

• Like 1

Yeah, the 1975 album is stellar. Back to Rumours, isn't Silver Springs just gorgeous? The live disc is soopoib too.

Too true. I had Silver Springs on a previous reissue already, but the concert is great, a superb band at the height of their powers.

I am often critical of reissues of great albums, as I feel that they can get overburdened by substandard extras which detract from the impact of the original release. However, the latest Rumours package actually improves upon perfection imo.

• Like 1

When Fleetwood Mac comes on the radio, I can't change the station fast enough.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 14 2011, 11:42 AM) I think without Christine there, Lindsey and Stevie really shine. it's a pretty rocking album.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

IMO, Christine McVie held the band back - way back. Her songwriting was woefully wimpy and pop-orientated. I liked only 1-2 of her songs. The rest was junk. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

But this is pure magic...

• Like 1

As a young fella, I would play The Chain over and over and over again.

I used to play that classic bass line on the piano over and over as a young kid.

Love 'em!

They are going to be here at the end of the month. No. I am not going to see them. Too traumatic to look at Stevie Nicks. She doesn't even look the same. Whether Chris is there or not, I wouldn't even miss her.

While I realize that these bands need the money from touring so they can continue in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed, it is time for many of them to just hang it up. Fleetwood Mac is one of them.