Feedback II

SeamusWiles

God forbid there should be another Feedback album. I would rather they release Garden Road, Not Fade Away and You Can't Fight it on CD. Truth be told, I really want those unreleased songs on CD. They did such a great cover of Not Fade Away; I would love to say I own a copy.

am I the only one who actually LIKED Feedback? sure it's not as good as a new album, but it's a nice little collection of covers from our favorite band. I even like the production... it sounds like they're just hanging out in a garage somewhere jamming.

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 6 2011, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ May 6 2011, 02:20 PM)
Please NOOOOOOOOOOO. Hated that idea. And then that led to that folky sounding acoustic guitar on SnA.

that's not fair... don't blame Feedback for S&A sucking!

I really do think that FB influenced all the acoustic guitar showing up on SnA. I do love acoustic but not necessarily the way they used it on SnA. For example.....I like Broons Bane far more than Hope.

I like Feedback quite a bit. My favorite? Nah. But it is fun to spin now and then. My wife likes it too. As was said, a nice surprise album between studio LP's.

I guess I don't understand all the negative views of Feedback and even S&A. I love the addition of acoustic to Snakes. It may be my favorite of the "modern" Rush albums in fact. I was not a huge fan of VT, T4E or RTB. Counterparts is a great album, Presto was so so. S&A is a solid, mature record that really shines. So I have a hard time understanding why so many true fans dislike it so much.

I like Feedback better than most of S&A and VT.

Having seen the cover of Paint it Black from the SARS benefit, if they do this, I'd love to see the whole song as part of it...

Only a thread about 'Feedback' could lead to a discussion about S&A.

In response to the OP, they should do 'One of These Days' by Pink Floyd.

QUOTE (legolas120 @ May 6 2011, 02:49 PM)
I like Feedback quite a bit. My favorite? Nah. But it is fun to spin now and then. My wife likes it too. As was said, a nice surprise album between studio LP's.

I guess I don't understand all the negative views of Feedback and even S&A. I love the addition of acoustic to Snakes. It may be my favorite of the "modern" Rush albums in fact. I was not a huge fan of VT, T4E or RTB. Counterparts is a great album, Presto was so so. S&A is a solid, mature record that really shines. So I have a hard time understanding why so many true fans dislike it so much.

spoken like a true elf!

LOVE a LOT of snakes- MUCH better than most of the 90's stuff.

it was written on acoustic guitar, so it was recorded with a lot of acoustic guitar...duh! 2.gif

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 6 2011, 08:16 PM)
am I the only one who actually LIKED Feedback? sure it's not as good as a new album, but it's a nice little collection of covers from our favorite band. I even like the production... it sounds like they're just hanging out in a garage somewhere jamming.

goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They should cover the following tunes.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Hemispheres

A National Acrobat

What's Next to the Moon?

Something for Nothing

The rest I don't care about.

Yes - Roundabout

Genesis - Dance On A Volcano

Led Zepplin - Stairway To Heaven

Pink Floyd - Have A Cigar

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

The Who - Baba O'Riley

Boston - Peace Of Mind

The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

Foreigner - Double Vision

Yes - Machine Messiah

Since the first Feedback album was primarily 60's covers, i figured the next one could be 70's covers wink.gif I tried to pick songs that I think would sound good with Geddy's vocals...in MY opinion, anyway...

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 6 2011, 02:20 PM)
Please NOOOOOOOOOOO. Hated that idea. And then that led to that folky sounding acoustic guitar on SnA.

It was that and David Gilmour. Although, I am one of the people who actually think that S&A was a pretty damn good album!

I liked both Feedback and S&A ... and I thought it was a great idea to do Feedback at the time because it gave them something different to play on the R30 tour while sticking to the "30 years ago" kind of theme.

I liked Crossroads and Summertime Blues, and I really liked Mr. Soul even though it was not played live.

The Kids Are Alright - The Who

Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

Tin Soldier - The Small Faces

Paint It, Black - The Rolling Stones

Rain - The Beatles

White Room - Cream

Bluebird - Buffalo Springfield

Manic Depression - Jimi Hendrix Experience

Train Kept A-Rollin - The Yardbirds

Wild Thing - The Troggs

I'm Not Like Everybody Else - The Kinks

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 8 2011, 11:56 AM)
Something by Supertramp (can't decide what song). The Seeker is my fave from Feedback. Like many, I don't love the album as much as Rush's own stuff, but I don't hate it by any means.

Same here.

And (like many also) I wouldn't want FB II but I'd still buy it and hope for Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick and any number of songs by Pink Floyd