How do you like your oatmeal?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your oatmeal?

• Fully cooked, mushy and pasty
    • Fully cooked, runny and soupy
    • Half-cooked, thick, chewy, and clumpy
    • Half-cooked, all floating around in milk like cold cereal
    • Just barely cooked
    • Heat up a bowl of milk and pour raw oats in!

I buy the Quaker Instant Fruit and Cream flavors and follow the directions...But then I add a handful of dried fruits like, cranberries, or blue berries etc...really kicks it up a notch.

After I add water it's kinda runny, but I let it sit 'til it gets thicker although not pasty and then it's gone in seconds.

I love oatmeal! Especially steel-cut, slow-cooked thick and chewy, with fruit, nuts and cinnamon, topped with a little cream yes.gif

I think I'll make some for breakfast tomorrow!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 30 2011, 07:14 PM)
I love oatmeal! Especially steel-cut, slow-cooked thick and chewy, with fruit, nuts and cinnamon, topped with a little cream yes.gif

I think I'll make some for breakfast tomorrow!

Ouch! My taste buds! Over-salivation!

Used to like it thick and pasty, but now I like it runnier. Do NOT like it cooked in the microwave. I'm also a fan of syrup or brown sugar (if not already flavored). I like grits, Cream of Wheat or Rice, etc. too.

I love oatmeal! I like it somewhere in between the first 2 options. But, boy, am I picky about the balance of butter to sugar! It has to be just right - I've been known to spend 5 minutes adjusting it laugh.gif

I like to have raisins in it, too.

I love oatmeal. Oh god I seriously love it. Ever since I was in my first apartment, I have always had oatmeal in the pantry. I've never had luck making it with boxed oats. I've always relied on the Quaker stuff. I don't make it with water. I warm up half-and-half instead. I like it on the thicker side.

The best oatmeal I ever had was when I worked at this cafe. It had a separate kitchen part and the chef was the meanest, most unapproachable person I have ever met but he made the best oatmeal. He would make huge massive vats of oatmeal and it would be gone in a matter of minutes. I never gathered the courage to ask him how he did it and to this day I continue to figure out how he created his gooey oat goodness.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 2 2011, 12:39 PM)
I love oatmeal. Oh god I seriously love it. Ever since I was in my first apartment, I have always had oatmeal in the pantry. I've never had luck making it with boxed oats. I've always relied on the Quaker stuff. I don't make it with water. I warm up half-and-half instead. I like it on the thicker side.

The best oatmeal I ever had was when I worked at this cafe. It had a separate kitchen part and the chef was the meanest, most unapproachable person I have ever met but he made the best oatmeal. He would make huge massive vats of oatmeal and it would be gone in a matter of minutes. I never gathered the courage to ask him how he did it and to this day I continue to figure out how he created his gooey oat goodness.

Maybe it's better if you don't know...

ph34r.gif unsure.gif

Heat up a bowl of milk and pour raw oats in!

More specifically, pour raw oats and rice milk into a saucepan, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until cooked...creamy, not too thick and lumpy. Add maple syrup and cinnamon. Awesome.