Holy Crap! Beiber is 3x richer than Rush???

jacob's ladder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of age showing in this thread. Just like Rush was popular in 1981, Bieber is popular now. It's really no different. The kid is a good singer, millions of people love his music. He's hated on a lot due to his enormous success. He seems to be a real nice kid that has already accomplished more professionally than any of us ever will, so how can you not have a little respect for him.

And he is actually self-made. He isnt some tool of the music industry. He's been singing and writing songs since he was a little kid, just like Rush did. He plays drums and is actually pretty good, also plays piano and some guitar. He grew up a real musician, playing rock music, then start getting more into pop and r&b. Big deal, thats what he chose to do and it worked out for him. He definitely worked hard and deserves it. He used to play guitar and sing in NYC subways....... when he was 10!! What the hell were any of us doing when we were 10?

Just because what Rush does is considered completely dated now and you dont like whats going on in music these days doesnt mean its a fact that it sucks. It sucks to you, thats fine, but there are a hell of a lot more people that would rather listen to him right now, so whatever we say about the kid is meaningless and just makes us all look old.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (reani14 @ Apr 27 2011, 06:00 PM)
Garth brooks sold more than most legends way before his time. but does that mean hes better????

Actually, Garth Brooks is damn good. He actually HAS talent, can't say the same for all of these pop bands who act country.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 12:51 PM)
Who cares? In 15 years, Beiber will be yesterday's news....

I think you missed the decimal point.

1.5 years....

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 27 2011, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 12:51 PM)
Who cares?  In 15 years, Beiber will be yesterday's news....

I think you missed the decimal point.

1.5 years....

They said the same thing about Katy Perry, that chick is still making tons of cash. 15 sounds accurate.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 27 2011, 06:41 PM)
There is a lot of age showing in this thread. Just like Rush was popular in 1981, Bieber is popular now. It's really no different. The kid is a good singer, millions of people love his music. He's hated on a lot due to his enormous success. He seems to be a real nice kid that has already accomplished more professionally than any of us ever will, so how can you not have a little respect for him.

And he is actually self-made. He isnt some tool of the music industry. He's been singing and writing songs since he was a little kid, just like Rush did. He plays drums and is actually pretty good, also plays piano and some guitar. He grew up a real musician, playing rock music, then start getting more into pop and r&b. Big deal, thats what he chose to do and it worked out for him. He definitely worked hard and deserves it. He used to play guitar and sing in NYC subways....... when he was 10!! What the hell were any of us doing when we were 10?

Just because what Rush does is considered completely dated now and you dont like whats going on in music these days doesnt mean its a fact that it sucks. It sucks to you, thats fine, but there are a hell of a lot more people that would rather listen to him right now, so whatever we say about the kid is meaningless and just makes us all look old.

He became famous through his YouTube vids,and his fanbase is teenage girls. He has great marketing behind him.

He's a pop tart who represents all that is wrong with music today. How many tours has he done?...how many albums has he released?...its allpart of the " instant gratification " generation.

I'm all about new artists who write innovative,honest music. This kid is a puppet on a string, and deserves no respect.

You always seem to throw jabs at the influence And musical ability of Rush?.what's up with that?....I'm no fanboy, but their style isn't what I would call dated.

Trent reznor

Les claypool

Gene hoglan

Danney Carey

Mike mangini

Kirk hammet

Devin Townsend

Billy corgan

Queensryche

Porcupine tree

The bassist from the Mars Volta ( yes,THE MARS VOLTA)

a short list of artists influenced by the " dated" style of RUSH....

Lets see who's talking about beiber in 35 years..

I always say that if the only people attending your concerts are 12 and 13 year old screaming girls, your music is, in reality, pure crap.

Now, if you're audience ranges from 11-12 year olds up to middle aged men and women, then you've clearly done something right during your career.

Bieber will be worth less than me in 3 years, tops.

Look at Miley Cyrus. She was the big thing about 2 years ago, and she's virtually faded into obscurity. Pop stars never last.

Bieber's a pop star. Will he have a J30 tour? NO But it doesn't matter. When he loses popularity in a couple of years, hopefully he will find a good, steady job and learn to support himself. An yes, he represents everything wrong about today's music. There's no real music. Last time I checked, not a single pop song in 2011 has ANY real instruments, just cheesy vocals and synths.

And jsut for the record... ranton.gif I HATE JUSTIN BIEBER. HIS MUSIC SUCKS. HE IS ONLY RICH BECAUSE LITTLE GIRLS LIKE HIM. IN 5, MAYBE TEN YEARS, NO ONE WILL REMEMBER HIM. rantoff.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Apr 27 2011, 06:41 PM)
I would rather have more talent than money any day.
I would like a large measure of both. That way I could use my money to enjoy my talent in whatever manner I choose without having to worry about bills.

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Apr 27 2011, 09:14 PM)
Look at Miley Cyrus.  She was the big thing about 2 years ago, and she's virtually faded into obscurity.  Pop stars never last.
This assumes celebrity is the point. There are decades worth of flavor-of-the-month pop stars, who became rich, used their cash wisely and lived comfortably from then on. My question is: who is more pathetic: the pop star who decided to capitalize on popularity or the moronic masses who made it possible?

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 27 2011, 09:51 PM)
Heart, Soul, Intellect, Talent, and a row boat full of money are better than just a yacht full of money.
Ah, if only they were mutually exclusive.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 27 2011, 09:53 PM)
HE IS ONLY RICH BECAUSE LITTLE GIRLS LIKE HIM. IN 5, MAYBE TEN YEARS, NO ONE WILL REMEMBER HIM.
You realize what it means if you're correct, right? It means in 5 maybe 10 years he will be even more insanely wealthy, can retire and will be able to travel freely without being bothered by anyone and can grow as a musician in any direction he pleases without interference. I wish I could suck like that.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 27 2011, 11:35 PM)
Really, what this all comes down to is why the heck does anyone even give a shit? Live and let live!

I have a gut feeling that a good portion of people in this thread are just jealous of Bieber. But hey, just how I see it.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 27 2011, 10:44 PM)
Really, what this all comes down to is why the heck does anyone even give a shit? Live and let live!

I have a gut feeling that a good portion of people in this thread are just jealous of Bieber. But hey, just how I see it.

If he acted like a disrespectful punk then I could understand getting a little miffed about it, but he doesn't. It's not the type of music I like but if he can cash in on it, why not?

Edited by snowdogged

To me, money dont matter. Rush is worth WAYYY more musically than that kid.

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Apr 27 2011, 10:57 PM)
To me, money dont matter. Rush is worth WAYYY more musically than that kid.

The point is that you can't even compare the two. Comparing Rush to Justin Beiber is about on the same level as comparing Rush to the Nintendo Wii.

They are both in totally different categories.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 27 2011, 10:44 PM)

Being jealous of someone getting insanely rich does happen.

But I don't think anyone here is jealous of how he's getting rich. That's the whole point. 3rd rate pop music is not to envied. no.gif

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Apr 27 2011, 10:47 AM)
If this doesn't confirm the existence of the devil on planet earth, I don't know what will. Celebritynetworth.com lists Beiber as $65 million rich, while members of Rush are about $22 million. wtf.gif Rush has played heart & sould for 35 years, they are a hallmark of progressive rock, yet this douchebag Beiber is out for a couple years, he totally sucks, yet rakes in $65 million? AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Life sucks, we all know that... banghead.gif banghead.gif

Does anyone trust these wealth calculations? They're generally based on a lot of assumptions about career earnings, returns on investments, property values etc. I suspect they don't know how much a given celeb actually has in their bank account.

Behold the unstoppable force of Millions of teenie bopper, pre-teen girls and their certainty that they will be the one to marry the Beibs...They will watch every concert and buy every CD until puberty hits then it's back to reality.

ph34r.gif