DT's announcement of new drummer...

Rod in Toronto

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 18 2011, 08:11 PM)
I hope it's this guy:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/muppet-animal.jpg

Now that would be something big to get excited about biggrin.gif

Honestly though, the band is taking themselves way too seriously. "Momentous announcement ", giving clues on a mailing list and facebook?

Guys, you're good but you're not that damn good anymore. If they were still writting stuff like they did on I&W, Awake, SFAM and 6DOIT I wouldn't be as upset. They've been good since TOT but not great. They're certainly not a big enough deal in the music world to drag this on for so long. Just announce whoever the f**k it is and be done with it already. I'm more pissed off than intrigued at this point angry.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 19 2011, 02:26 PM)
The White Stripes recently called it quits. DT is about to announce a new drummer....

...Coincidence?

I think she'd be a good fit, yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 19 2011, 03:26 PM)
The White Stripes recently called it quits. DT is about to announce a new drummer....

...Coincidence?

Oh my Gooooooooooooooo-

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Apr 19 2011, 11:28 AM)
I'm a the the IRDGAF state.....the band dropped the ball big time on this one...

Mike wanted some time off so when he DID come back, he would be fresh.

The amount of time they took screwing around with this, they could have just given Mike his "time" and gotten on with it.

Whomever DOES take over, better make MP look like a beginner, or it's not going to work....

(Personally, I thought they should have given it up after Falling Into Infinity, everything after that album, except for Train of Thought was over blown, notes for the sake of notes overkill!)

They've had a drummer for a while, they just haven't announced it.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 19 2011, 02:26 PM)

...Coincidence?

So Jack had his wife take his ex's (Meg) name and now they're breaking up the band? Can he get a two-for-one special with his lawyers for a divorce/band termination?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 19 2011, 03:58 PM)
I like DT and all, but this is ridiculous. Who do they think they are, zeppelin announcing a new singer? Please get on with it already.

What a way to put it n perspective! Cheeers!!

. This "Stay tuned to get on a marketing list, & in return you'll be granted info about how to find out when and how you'll be informed of who the drummer is now." Is a much different managment style than when mikey was at the helm. Crossing my fingers... Maybe JP read my trf post about seeing awake tour to find out who the new keybordist was. ( pre-net)

They never said they were announcing the new drummer. no.gif

They said they were going to give you insight into the process of choosing the new drummer. yes.gif

Who ever it is, he will write better lyrics than Neil Peart is writing these days. spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 20 2011, 08:20 PM)
I just hope they get someone good. Then maybe I'd go see them live again.

Herman Rarebell...interested? sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 21 2011, 01:47 PM)
wow that video was a let down

It was exciting!

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 21 2011, 05:44 AM)
QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 20 2011, 08:20 PM)
I just hope they get someone good. Then maybe I'd go see them live again.

Herman Rarebell...interested? sarcasm.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Apr 21 2011, 03:40 PM)
They'd better be resurrecting John Bonham for the amount they're hyping this.

Dude. U copied micgtr71's comment! (Which was pretty f*ckin original and hilarious,btw!!) How kewl was that??? eh.gif

I believe when credit is due, pay up. Especially if it's original & good.

Archived