Unique eating habits

QUOTE (librarian @ Mar 30 2011, 03:58 PM)
most times eat pizza crust first...

Unless it's particularly excellent crust, I leave it. There are two pizza places in my town with crust that's worth eating.

I've been known to eat one or two whole slices of pizza, then strip the toppings (usually just cheese, mushrooms, and sausage unless I'm at one of the two "good" places) off the remaining slices and throw the crust out.

This seriously pisses my husband off. . .we usually get two separate pies for that reason. That way I can mutilate mine to my heart's content. Plus he likes pepperoni and I'm not a fan.

Edited by Mara

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When dipping a tortilla chip into salsa, I don't actually scoop any vegetables onto the chip - such is my aversion to veggies. I'll just get a little "salsa juice" onto the chip, and eat it.

Two things I will pick out of any dish:

Celery and lima beans. When I'm done eating a bowl of soup, there will be a couple of lima beans left on the bottom of the soup bowl. Ditto any dish with celery in it.

Celery (raw or cooked) gives me wicked bad heartburn (plus I hate it), and there's just something not right about lima beans.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 30 2011, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 12:03 PM)
Eating Starbursts, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite flavor to my most favorite.

Eating M&M's, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite color to my most favorite.

Me too! Green M&Ms are always eaten last, blues are second-to-last.

I don't eat Starbursts often, but am a big fan of Skittles. I either throw out the grape ones or feed them to the dogs (nothing like sugaring up a couple of already-active canines), then eat them in the following order: orange, cherry, lemon, lime.

woawoawoaWOAH! WOAH! hey....send those grapes over here! angry.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 11:03 AM)
Eating Starbursts, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite flavor to my most favorite.

Eating M&M's, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite color to my most favorite.

Oh hey, I do this too! Forgot another one - while eating a pop tart, I nibble all the unfrosted parts on the edge off first, then start in on the frosted. fing.gif

When eating potato chips or Doritos or such, I will eat the smallest pieces first, working my way up to the whole, perfect ones.

I also eat candies like Starburst, Skittle, M&Ms, jelly beans, etc.... in order. Not necessarily the same order all the time. I start with one flavor, then arrange the rest into a line.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 05:12 AM)
When I was younger, I would:

3. Compress a slice of white bread into a hard ball and suck on it for an hour.

huh.gif

I don't know which part is the truly weird part: compressing it into a hard ball

or sucking on it for an hour (or at all)? That's got to be the most unique of anything posted in this thread.

I eat the least favorite food on the plate first, then the next-to-least-fav, etc. until the fav food is the last on the plate. I guess I like to save the best for last smile.gif

Also, if peas or corn or sauerkraut are served with mashed potatoes, I have to mix the veggie into the mashed potatoes. It is a texture thing boarder.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 30 2011, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 11:03 AM)

Oh hey, I do this too! Forgot another one - while eating a pop tart, I nibble all the unfrosted parts on the edge off first, then start in on the frosted. fing.gif

I go one further: I break off the dry crust and only eat the frosted filled part.

I once accidentally bought a box of unfrosted P-Tarts and had to exchange them on my next store visit. I mean, what's the point of an unfrosted Pop Tart? laugh.gif

I've been known to leave one last bite's worth left on the plate. This typically happens with hamburgers.

Don't know if this is unique or not, but with certain foods, I can't drink certain items. For instance, I have to have Coca Cola with pizza. I can't drink water or juice with it.

Tea and eggs don't mix either.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 31 2011, 10:30 AM)
I have to have Coca Cola with pizza. I can't drink water or juice with it.

Juice with pizza is definitely a clash of tastes. 062802puke_prv.gif

Juice with a lot of things is a clash of tastes.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 31 2011, 10:54 AM)

How about a large glass of OJ with a big kosher dill pickle? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 31 2011, 06:33 AM)
I eat the least favorite food on the plate first, then the next-to-least-fav, etc. until the fav food is the last on the plate. I guess I like to save the best for last smile.gif

I used to do this, but one time I bit into my favorite portion first and realized what I was missing. (This only happens in some cases.) The best part is no longer warm or hot if you save it for the end, and it tastes much better when it is really fresh.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 31 2011, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 31 2011, 10:54 AM)

How about a large glass of OJ with a big kosher dill pickle? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Must be something they eat in Illinois.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 31 2011, 12:16 PM)
I eat the least favorite food on the plate first, then the next-to-least-fav, etc. until the fav food is the last on the plate.  I guess I like to save the best for last smile.gif

I used to do this, but one time I bit into my favorite portion first and realized what I was missing. (This only happens in some cases.) The best part is no longer warm or hot if you save it for the end, and it tastes much better when it is really fresh.

yes.gif

Plus, what if you load-up on the stuff you don't like as much, and then can't finish the thing you like most?

Edited by Mara

My dad used to get a cheeseburger and a cup of coffee. I'm in pain just thinking about it -

QUOTE (librarian @ Mar 31 2011, 03:34 PM)
My dad used to get a cheeseburger and a cup of coffee. I'm in pain just thinking about it -

actually, I don't think that's a bad combination. Sounds very "diner" esque.

I've never understood how some people can think milk is a thirst quencher. It is not - it just gives you thick spit. I was one of those kids in school who brought (perish the thought!) my own foil-wrapped can of soda for lunch every day. They made us take a carton of milk anyway, which I always threw unopened into the trash.

OK, I can see drinking a glass with breakfast, or with cake or cookies. But yuk, not as an accompaniment to a regular meal, and certainly not "Oh, I'm SO thirsty - give me some MILK!"

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 31 2011, 03:48 PM)
I've never understood how some people can think milk is a thirst quencher. It is not - it just gives you thick spit. I was one of those kids in school who brought (perish the thought!) my own foil-wrapped can of soda for lunch every day. They made us take a carton of milk anyway, which I always threw unopened into the trash.
OK, I can see drinking a glass with breakfast, or with cake or cookies. But yuk, not as an accompaniment to a regular meal, and certainly not "Oh, I'm SO thirsty - give me some MILK!"

Yeah, I agree. I also heard that it's not good for singers to drink, at least not close to a gig. It coats your throat and affects your ability to sing.

Try eating the chocolate sides and top of a 3 musketeers bar and leaving nothing but nougat and the chocolate bottom... I used to do that all the time when I ate candy bars.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 31 2011, 12:16 PM)
I eat the least favorite food on the plate first, then the next-to-least-fav, etc. until the fav food is the last on the plate.  I guess I like to save the best for last smile.gif

good point!

And, why is it, I wonder, that I am ALWAYS the last one at the table to finish eating? No matter with whom or how many I might be dining, I am always the last to finish? I like to think that I am actually chewing my food before swallowing tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 31 2011, 04:36 PM)
Try eating the chocolate sides and top of a 3 musketeers bar and leaving nothing but nougat and the chocolate bottom... I used to do that all the time when I ate candy bars.

fing.gif

laugh.gif