Unique eating habits

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss finds it so weird that I eat one thing first, finish it, then move on to another thing, finish it, and so on until my meal is finished. He sits there and takes one bite of this, one bite of that, and whatnot. Mixes everything up. I tell him "who gives a crap, it all goes to the same place"

I'll got to Basken Robins and get nothing but vanilla ice cream. My wife thinks I'm nuts. God I love vanilla.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 29 2011, 07:37 PM)
I'll got to Basken Robins and get nothing but vanilla ice cream. My wife thinks I'm nuts. God I love vanilla.

Dude you have no nuts whatsoever!..

...on your ice cream

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 29 2011, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 29 2011, 07:37 PM)
I'll got to Basken Robins and get nothing but vanilla ice cream.  My wife thinks I'm nuts.  God I love vanilla.

Dude you have no nuts whatsoever!..

...on your ice cream

laugh.gif No nuts...but if I'm feeling saucy, I'll got with a little whip cream.

I meticulously separate all my food out on my plate. I hate it if it touches another piece even for a millisecond. French fry touches the mashed potatoes? Goodbye, fry, or at least you're not getting eaten! I don't know why; I just find it really gross when something touches something else when it's not supposed to.

Totally grosses me out when my mom starts piling all her food on top of each other at dinner.. Corn on the mashed potatoes... gross!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 29 2011, 08:47 PM)
I meticulously separate all my food out on my plate. I hate it if it touches another piece even for a millisecond. French fry touches the mashed potatoes? Goodbye, fry, or at least you're not getting eaten! I don't know why; I just find it really gross when something touches something else when it's not supposed to.
Totally grosses me out when my mom starts piling all her food on top of each other at dinner.. Corn on the mashed potatoes... gross!

That's me too. I can't stand food touching other food on the same plate.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 29 2011, 08:48 PM)

Guess burritos are out

QUOTE (Riv @ Mar 29 2011, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 29 2011, 08:48 PM)

Guess burritos are out

xD

Well it depends. If it's cooked in a way that it's all SUPPOSED to be touching, like traditionally or whatever (tacos, burritos, pasta, Chinese food, soups... obvious stuff) then it's fine. It's when it sliiides across the plate to the other item and... ew! D:

I too don't like food touching, and prefer to eat most of the fries before the main dish ('cause cold fries are gross).

I like eating spoonfuls of sweet stuff all by itself...i.e. honey, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, brown sugar, syrup, etc.

I like to eat the point of a piece of pizza with a knife and fork. I pick it up halfway through. I eat a lot of things with a fork that others would pick up.

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 29 2011, 10:12 PM)
pies like coconut cream or lemon meringue I swish it around in my mouth until it turns to a liquid and then swallow the filling. I eat all the filling and the crust last.

That's disgusting. But with brains it's not bad yes.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 30 2011, 08:34 AM)
My boss finds it so weird that I eat one thing first, finish it, then move on to another thing, finish it, and so on until my meal is finished. He sits there and takes one bite of this, one bite of that, and whatnot. Mixes everything up. I tell him "who gives a crap, it all goes to the same place"

My bro is the other extreme. He methodically [often in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction] eats each dish bite by bite where by the end there's EXACTLY one bite left of each dish. I'm nowhere near that but I do have to say that if I ate all of my vegetables first THEN went for the roast chicken, the bird wouldn't taste as good because my appetite would be less.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 29 2011, 10:01 PM)
If I am having a burger & fries, I eat all the fries first, before starting on the burger. Have done so for as long as I can remember.

This isn't too odd really. The fries would get cold if you spent too much time on the burger.

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Mar 29 2011, 06:06 PM)
If more than 1 item is on my plate, there has to be space between it and another item. They can't be touching. I don't want the flavors to mix.

Yes, exactly.

The exception to this is on Thanksgivng. There's so much food and it's the only meal where I'm ok with my food touching.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 29 2011, 07:07 PM)
I'll order a pepperoni pizza and pick all the pepperonis off and eat them separate from the pizza.

Ditto.

It's not that I don't like pepperoni. I just like plain pizza best, so I eat all the pepperoni off it first and then eat the rest of the pizza.

Eating Starbursts, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite flavor to my most favorite.

Eating M&M's, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite color to my most favorite.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 12:03 PM)
Eating Starbursts, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite flavor to my most favorite.

Eating M&M's, I'll eat them in order from my least favorite color to my most favorite.

Me too! Green M&Ms are always eaten last, blues are second-to-last.

I don't eat Starbursts often, but am a big fan of Skittles. I either throw out the grape ones or feed them to the dogs (nothing like sugaring up a couple of already-active canines), then eat them in the following order: orange, cherry, lemon, lime.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2011, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 29 2011, 07:07 PM)
I'll order a pepperoni pizza and pick all the pepperonis off and eat them separate from the pizza.

Ditto.

It's not that I don't like pepperoni. I just like plain pizza best, so I eat all the pepperoni off it first and then eat the rest of the pizza.

My buddy would order a slice, pick off each one, lick it and put them down and just eat the pizza. I asked him one day, why the hell don't you just order a cheese pizza? It's cheaper.

He likes the zest of the pepperoni, but not actually eating it. WTF.