The most overrated bands

Akron162

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 19 2011, 03:23 PM)
Listen to White Stripes. Jam knitting needles in your ear so you will never risk hearing it again.

No band with Meg White in can be overrated. As a bit of a Lezzer can I just say that she has fantastic Norks.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 19 2011, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 27 2011, 09:30 PM)

Men of course, i'm trolling. you think i dont know how big were the Beatles? I just think their music is too simple, and if music don't make me really use my brain i dont like it.

Congratulations on missing the entire point of music. They don't make you use your brain enough? Uh, music is about heart, feelings and emotions.

Your opinions on both U2 and The Beatles are completely terrible. But considering that all of the bands you listed as favorites are prog bands, you are probably just another prog snob who thinks every other kind of genre is way beneath prog.

I like prog because it really seems that the musicians have have dedicated their lives to perfectionate their abilitys at his instruments, because it seems that they really compose note by note, step by step each song, because they don't believe music is what the industry says is music, because they go beyond of the "traditional" instrumental playing.

You like pop? right, i think Celine Dion has beutifull music. You like metal? I love metallica, motorhead and overkill. You like reggae? I really like the mighty diamonds

There are bands that i like and bands that not in every genre, even in prog (i hate soft machine), but yeah, prog is my favorite kind of music, and i not going to apologize for love some bands and hate others (even if i don't understand why others love them).

QUOTE (TheWhalerfan @ Mar 21 2011, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Mar 19 2011, 10:29 AM)
[No band with Meg White in can be overrated. As a bit of a Lezzer can I just say that she has fantastic Norks.

Hard to argue with that comment..

Hard to argue with anything written in gibberish.

Listen to White Stripes. Jam knitting needles in your ear so you will never risk hearing it again.

No band with Meg White in can be overrated. As a bit of a Lezzer can I just say that she has fantastic Norks.

if a guy played drums that bad hed be kicked out of the band...

except Ringo of course

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Mar 20 2011, 09:34 PM)

except Ringo of course

z7shysterical.gif Jeez, how do people keep coming up with Ringo jokes? Wow. laugh.gif Ringo Starr jokes and Meg White jokes ALWAYS catch me off guard! rofl3.gif

except Ringo of course

unless he had nice boobs

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 20 2011, 09:49 PM)

except Ringo of course

unless he had nice boobs

rofl3.gif

spit6ph.gif You got me again! icon_really_happy_guy.gif Oh man, Ringo is so terrible! z7shysterical.gif Stop it!

Edited by ReRushed

If Ringo wasn't such a great big beat drummer, believe me, George Martin wouldn't have allowed him behind the kit.

The success of The Beatles was no accident...and Ringo was, indeed, a big part of their success.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 20 2011, 09:35 PM)
If Ringo wasn't such a great big beat drummer, believe me, George Martin wouldn't have allowed him behind the kit.

The success of The Beatles was no accident...and Ringo was, indeed, a big part of their success.

Or Paul could play it....

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Mar 21 2011, 12:46 AM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 20 2011, 09:35 PM)

Or Paul could play it....

How many songs did Paul drum on?

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 21 2011, 03:57 AM)
If it weren't for The Beatles, we all know that Ringo would be working as a pizza delivery boy.

Do you know where Ringo's from?

Do you know when he was born?

I can't remember the quote exactly....But John Lennon was once being interviewed and someone asked a question about being lucky to have a drummer like Ringo in the band and Lennon then stated..."He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles!"........does anyone remember this?

QUOTE (vital signz @ Mar 21 2011, 06:18 AM)
I can't remember the quote exactly....But John Lennon was once being interviewed and someone asked a question about being lucky to have a drummer like Ringo in the band and Lennon then stated..."He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles!"........does anyone remember this?

I heard this too, but don't know where it is from.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 21 2011, 06:25 PM)

Lennon was being sarcastic. John was good at sarcasm. Others aren't.

He said many complimentary things about Ringo, but they're never mentioned. Oh no.

Phil Collins said this about Ringo:

"Starr is vastly underrated. The drum fills on the song "A Day in the Life" are very complex things. You could take a great drummer today and say, 'I want it like that.' He wouldn't know what to do."

Phil knows his stuff, so I'll go with Phil.

As for Ringo being a pizza delivery boy if it wasn't for The Beatles......he was drumming with Rory Storm when he joined...so he'd have probably joined another Merseybeat band, gotten famous, on a more manageable and enjoyable level, and today would be quite happily tubthumping away in a Butlin's somewhere.

One gets the impression Ringo rues the day he became a Beatle.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Mar 19 2011, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 19 2011, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 27 2011, 09:30 PM)

Men of course, i'm trolling. you think i dont know how big were the Beatles? I just think their music is too simple, and if music don't make me really use my brain i dont like it.

Congratulations on missing the entire point of music. They don't make you use your brain enough? Uh, music is about heart, feelings and emotions.

Your opinions on both U2 and The Beatles are completely terrible. But considering that all of the bands you listed as favorites are prog bands, you are probably just another prog snob who thinks every other kind of genre is way beneath prog.

I like prog because it really seems that the musicians have have dedicated their lives to perfectionate their abilitys at his instruments, because it seems that they really compose note by note, step by step each song, because they don't believe music is what the industry says is music, because they go beyond of the "traditional" instrumental playing.

You like pop? right, i think Celine Dion has beutifull music. You like metal? I love metallica, motorhead and overkill. You like reggae? I really like the mighty diamonds

There are bands that i like and bands that not in every genre, even in prog (i hate soft machine), but yeah, prog is my favorite kind of music, and i not going to apologize for love some bands and hate others (even if i don't understand why others love them).

Okay, I am a big fan of a lot of prog, too, but going on and on about how prog musicians put so much effort into playing well is a big reason why so many do not like the genre. It is often at the cost of good songs. And I don't care how well you can play, if you don't have the songs, all you have then is a pointless wank fest. It's like, "Oh boy, you can play your instrument really well. Big deal. Now play something interesting or incorporate that into a well-written song."

Bottom line: great songs played by good musicians (like U2) is always gonna be better than mediocre songs played by great musicians.

Fortunately, there are a number of prog bands who can do both well.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 21 2011, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 21 2011, 06:25 PM)

Lennon was being sarcastic. John was good at sarcasm. Others aren't.

He said many complimentary things about Ringo, but they're never mentioned. Oh no.

Phil Collins said this about Ringo:

"Starr is vastly underrated. The drum fills on the song "A Day in the Life" are very complex things. You could take a great drummer today and say, 'I want it like that.' He wouldn't know what to do."

Phil knows his stuff, so I'll go with Phil.

As for Ringo being a pizza delivery boy if it wasn't for The Beatles......he was drumming with Rory Storm when he joined...so he'd have probably joined another Merseybeat band, gotten famous, on a more manageable and enjoyable level, and today would be quite happily tubthumping away in a Butlin's somewhere.

One gets the impression Ringo rues the day he became a Beatle.

"Ringo's a damn good drummer. He was always a good drummer. He's not technically good, but I think Ringo's drumming is underrated the same way Paul's bass-playing is underrated. Paul and Ringo stand up anywhere with any of the rock musicians." - John Lennon from Playboy magazine interview (1980)

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Mar 21 2011, 06:58 AM)
If it weren't for The Beatles, we all know that Ringo would be working as a pizza delivery boy.

Someone obviously didn't get the musician joke wink.gif .

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 21 2011, 08:45 PM)

What? The Pizza Hut ads?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 21 2011, 04:52 PM)

What? The Pizza Hut ads?

And that makes you my new best friend.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 21 2011, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 21 2011, 04:52 PM)

What? The Pizza Hut ads?

And that makes you my new best friend.

Well there's no joke involved as Ringo wasn't a musician. (Drummers aren't)

Plus, being a person of intellect, I don't watch commercial TV. It's Auntie or nowt. Common unwashed people watch commercial telly.

Edited by Cosy Toes