disturbing TV or video

circumstantial tree

Have you seen a TV episode, movie, or something on YouTube that truly bothers you or affects you in such a way that it is truly unsettling?

For me, I have a few. There's an episode of Hawaii Five-0 (the original series) that involves a rogue police officer who attacks women, rapes them, and kills them. Except in one case a victim survives and helps Five-0 identify her attacker. He's able to do it because he's in uniform and his victims trust him to come inside their home. During the scene in which this woman is being attacked, it really cuts deep inside me to hear her scream. It was not a Hollywood kind of scream, it sounded very real. Later on, just before he's caught in the act, his next victim has an expression on her face that gives me a very sad feeling.

Believe it or not, I can't watch a particular episode of Brady Bunch. It involves Bobby thinking that Jesse James is a hero. Later on, he dreams his family is gunned down on a train that Jesse is about to rob. I cannot watch that episode because it bothers me so much.

Not long ago, I watch a youtube video of the Station Nightclub fire as it was happening and I started feeling sick on my stomach looking at the reality of what was happening. In one part you could see in the background a person fully engulfed in flames trying to find a place to roll over and put out the fire on his body.

Ever see Andy Warhol's 'Bad' (1977)?

There's a notorious, disturbing, and jarringly unexpected scene where a baby suddenly gets thrown from the window of a high-rise building. The unfit mother was trying to off the baby by using hired killers, but they refused. So she chucks the baby out the window, it falls, it strikes the sidewalk, splatters blood upwards into the face of a pedestrian, and then a dog is seen licking the blood from the baby carcass on the sidewalk.

You've been warned. If you think you can stomach it, the scene is on YouTube.

I almost can't watch any of the "Animal Cops/Precinct" shows on Animal Planet anymore. I wind up hating people too much.

I also thought the murder in the dinghy in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) was disturbing. We saw the movie in theaters on Christmas Day. We're watching, we're watching, and suddenly the film takes an unexpected and violent turn when Matt Damon beats Jude Law over the head with an oar, killing him and assuming his identity.

I wasn't ready for the violence. I didn't know it was a movie involving murder(s).

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 26 2011, 04:56 PM)
Ever see Andy Warhol's 'Bad' (1977)?

There's a notorious, disturbing, and jarringly unexpected scene where a baby suddenly gets thrown from the window of a high-rise building. The unfit mother was trying to off the baby by using hired killers, but they refused. So she chucks the baby out the window, it falls, it strikes the sidewalk, splatters blood upwards into the face of a pedestrian, and then a dog is seen licking the blood from the baby carcass on the sidewalk.

You've been warned. If you think you can stomach it, the scene is on YouTube.

I think I've seen what you're talking about. The baby was crying incessantly to the point it bothered the mother enough to toss him out the window. I heard a splat and then onlookers on the street go "ewwww" or something. Yeah, that was disturbing. And no, I will not view that on youtube.

Which reminds me of another film, don't know the name of it, but a mother and her baby were attacked by a pack of wild dogs. It was also very nasty.

Hannibal. The scene where he's about to kill that guy in Florence and asks him "bowels in or out?" then slices open his gut, flings him over a balcony where he hangs by a noose and his guts spill out onto the street below him. Nasty!!

In one Saw movie, a guy has to more or less disembowel a part of his body to retrieve an object that would help him escape - that scene made me feel extremely dizzy & ill; I have all the Saw movies but it's the only scene in the movie in question that has an effect on me.

Just reading the reviews on 127 Hours nearly had a similar effect (as did just reading about Hannibal) though I imagine you might ask: "If she can watch Saw, why not 127 Hours?"

Andy Warhol's Bad would upset me too much so I doubt if i'd watch that.

The mother & her baby attacked by dogs reminds me of Stephen King's Cujo where they're trapped by a St Bernard.

There's a scene in Hellraiser where a female character's skin comes off & she's known as Skinned Julia, due to the all-over muscle... (That nearly made me throw up).

I've only got one question: what's 2 Girls 1 Cup?

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Jan 27 2011, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 27 2011, 06:42 AM)

ohmy.gif NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just don't. It's best to pretend it's not in existence.

It obviously sounds as bad as it looks - in which case, I don't want to know...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 27 2011, 09:57 AM)

I can stomach just about anything when it comes to whatever nasty blood and gut scenes a movie wants to throw at me. But that video, which doesn't have anything to do with blood and guts, but something totally different is right where I draw the line.

If you really want to know what's in the video but don't want to watch it, i'm sure there's some pages online that'll describe it for you.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 27 2011, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 27 2011, 09:57 AM)

I can stomach just about anything when it comes to whatever nasty blood and gut scenes a movie wants to throw at me. But that video, which doesn't have anything to do with blood and guts, but something totally different is right where I draw the line.

If you really want to know what's in the video but don't want to watch it, i'm sure there's some pages online that'll describe it for you.

To be honest, your description alone has put me right off wanting to know anything about it. So I'll keep away from it... *shudder*

Redacted because it was just too horrible. Jack Aubrey.

ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I hate any of those "real life" shows, or "caught on tape" thing of disasters and such. If I am surfing channels and come across it, I flip as soon as I can.

Also hate replays of 911 tapes on the news. I really don't need to hear someone panicking on the phone for whatever reason.

I'll be honest and say I've lost sleep over seeing/hearing some things I never wanted to.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2011, 05:29 PM)

Redacted because it was just too horrible. Jack Aubrey.

ohmy.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, f***ing GROSS(!!!) 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Sorry, that's just... Eeewwwww..!!

Edited by Jack Aubrey