ELP the second worst band ever!!??

Akron162

Yesterday i was reading a list called "The 50 Worst Artists of All time" by a web page called "Bender". In this list were a couple of mentions that bother me: Allan Parsons Project and Rick Wakeman were listed there (come on!). But the thing that really pissed me off, was that "Emerson , Lake and Palmer" was cataloged as the second worst band ever, only overcom by "Insane Clown Posse"! I mean , Pretentious? yeah, Arrogants? yeah, Exaggerated? yeah, But the second worst band ever!!! They were incredibly talented, at least Keith Emerson is allways listed among the 10 best keyboardist of all time. They create really amazing music (Tarkus and Karn Evil 9 make my day better every time i heard them), i always think that if Mozart and Beethoven still alive this is the kind of music they will compose.

But maybe i'm not seeing something, maybe there is a reason why they should be ranked like this.

This is really bothring me. please, give me your opinion about this.

Most people out in popular land like to bash prog rock and the biggest joy they get is ELP. ELP did cause a lot of the anti-prog sentiment in the country with a lot of what they did in the 70s. They were a fantastic band (love beach notwithstanding-God, that was horrible). You need to consider the source and see who they have as the best bands ever. Probably the ones that remain sellers across the decades. pitiful list-makers.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/fuckingmagnets.jpg

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jan 10 2011, 06:10 PM)
Yesterday i was reading a list called "The 50 Worst But the thing that really pissed me off, was that "Emerson , Lake and Palmer" was cataloged as the second worst band ever, only overcom by "Insane Clown Posse"!

Brain Salad Surgery. How do they do that?

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/089/753/original/YouTube-Insane-Clown-Posse-Miracles.jpg

The website is actually Blender, not Bender. This is the same magazine/website that referred to Peart as the second worst lyricist of all time, so they can be safely ignored. Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 10 2011, 08:29 PM)
The website is actually Blender, not Bender. This is the same magazine/website that referred to Peart as the second worst lyricist of all time, so they can be safely ignored.

Yess "Blender", a transcription error, sorry. And Peart the secon worst lyricist? That's enough. Who's the best for them? that clown-heroin addict of kurt Cobain or something?

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jan 10 2011, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 10 2011, 08:29 PM)
The website is actually Blender, not Bender.    This is the same magazine/website that referred to Peart as the second worst lyricist of all time, so they can be safely ignored.

Yess "Blender", a transcription error, sorry. And Peart the secon worst lyricist? That's enough. Who's the best for them? that clown-heroin addict of kurt Cobain or something?

Probably, he did sell alot of records so that makes him good, right?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 10 2011, 09:05 PM)
Believe it or not, Blender is out of print.

DARN! What a horrible turn of events that is!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jan 10 2011, 08:10 PM)
Yesterday i was reading a list called "The 50 Worst Artists of All time" by a web page called "Bender". In this list were a couple of mentions that bother me: Allan Parsons Project and Rick Wakeman were listed there (come on!). But the thing that really pissed me off, was that "Emerson , Lake and Palmer" was cataloged as the second worst band ever, only overcom by "Insane Clown Posse"! I mean , Pretentious? yeah, Arrogants? yeah, Exaggerated? yeah, But the second worst band ever!!! They were incredibly talented, at least Keith Emerson is allways listed among the 10 best keyboardist of all time. They create really amazing music (Tarkus and Karn Evil 9 make my day better every time i heard them), i always think that if Mozart and Beethoven still alive this is the kind of music they will compose. 

But maybe i'm not seeing something, maybe there is a reason why they should be ranked like this.

Edited by lerxt1990

Simple minds do not not complex music.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:13 PM)

Do complex minds like simple music?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 10 2011, 07:13 PM)

http://www.endlessgroove.com/nwslvs/nw134.jpg

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 10 2011, 08:18 PM)
Most people out in popular land like to bash prog rock and the biggest joy they get is ELP. ELP did cause a lot of the anti-prog sentiment in the country with a lot of what they did in the 70s. They were a fantastic band (love beach notwithstanding-God, that was horrible). You need to consider the source and see who they have as the best bands ever. Probably the ones that remain sellers across the decades. pitiful list-makers.

^^^^^^

This!!

There are tons of people who love what ELP did in the 70s, and I'm one of them. I don't care if some vapid music critic decided that ELP is a bad band. I like them, so I listen to them. If it were up to the music critics, RUSH would have disappeared in 1974.

Blender is a Shit mag

Isn't Bender composed of the IDIOTS who called Neil the 2nd worst lyricist of all time?

In other words, the guy that wrote the lines: We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost...

Art as expression/ not as market campaign/will still capture our imaginations/given the same/ state of integrity/it will surely help us along.

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand.

No one gets to the heaven without a fight.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music/but glittering prices and endless compromises/shatter the illusion of integrity.

And presented us with a marvelous epic lasting nearly 30 minutes in which we discovered that the key to leading a good life is not found in wisdom or love but in a balance of both....

That guy that did all that is the 2nd worst lyricist of all time?

Blender's got no credibility whatsoever. I'm a 16 year old kid in high school and I'm smarter than those guys. And I know it. Call me arrogant, but it's true.